IGNORED

Planners kill off Rovers stadium hopes...

WhistleHappy

16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This what happens when the uneducated comment on a timber framed structure. 30 years ago maybe. Now definitely not. 

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not these days Monkeh. 

Based on what?  I read an article only two days ago that a massive new wooden structure / balcony on the side of a block of flats caught fire and was totally destroyed.

Wood doesn't burn any more?  Humans don't make mistakes with their fire proofing?

25 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This what happens when the uneducated comment on a timber framed structure. 30 years ago maybe. Now definitely not. 

Explain what happened to those hoses in London 3 days ago, modern wooden structure 

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Based on what?  I read an article only two days ago that a massive new wooden structure / balcony on the side of a block of flats caught fire and was totally destroyed.

Wood doesn't burn any more?  Humans don't make mistakes with their fire proofing?

With the wooden design FGR would have to jump through numerous safety hoops to get planning permission. Now I  don’t know the details on which grounds the  PP was denied but I doubt the main reason was because of the wooden structure.

Fire proofing technology these days is so advanced that I can’t imagine that fire risk would have been an issue.

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Good. There's absolutely nothing wrong with their current stadium. It's modern, perfect for their needs and at the heart of the community they've represented for over a century.

It depends on how you view perfect. The site is not large enough to house what FGR intended with their proposed new project.

If anyone thinks that stadium was going to be a fire risk just as it was made out of wood, i take it none of them would set foot in a new build house which is mainly wood then?

It's like saying you wont drive cars as they were not as safe for drivers/passengers 30 years ago.

• Admin
11 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Forest Green Rovers have been denied planning permission for their hoped for 'eco' stadium. ;) 

(ps, the Gas don't even have a plan.) :) 

This title is worse click bait than the Bristol Post :laugh: 

28 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

If anyone thinks that stadium was going to be a fire risk just as it was made out of wood, i take it none of them would set foot in a new build house which is mainly wood then?

It's like saying you wont drive cars as they were not as safe for drivers/passengers 30 years ago.

Not round here no, due to the fire safety scandal that’s currently effecting this area as well as Exeter 

The problem with wooden framed structures remains that they do not compartmentalise as well as more traditional building methods, and lose their integrity quicker. It's not more likely to catch fire as you'd need a smaller fire to create the required heat for the wooden structure to pyrolyse. Bradford obviously had a huge amount of fuel loading under the stand comprising of small, highly flammable objects that created the required heat to set the stand alight. As there is not going to be a big pile of kindling under the stand, it would take something special for the stadium to catch fire.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Explain what happened to those hoses in London 3 days ago, modern wooden structure 

As with grenfell and other flat fires, the issue was not the structure itself, but the wooden balconies that allow the fire to spread in the oxygen rich, wind driven conditions of 'outside the building'. If you make the outside of your building flammable, fire will spread fast. 

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That wasn't timber framed  AFAIK RT, more to do with the dodgy cladding fitted to a concrete structure I think.

To go slightly off track, there were a whole host of other issues apart from the cladding. My work often brings me into contact with the fire industry, I am far from being an expert, but what I have learnt, is that there is often a combination of events rather than one single situation or material to blame.

Fantastic club.  Standard council response.REJECTED. it will get there bit of alterations .the refusal reasons  are very weak. And its 2019 anyone who has commented its wooden so it will be a disaster is a plonker. Its not the same era as the bradford ground disaster. Great chairman, id be proud to have that stadium in my town. Most eco in the world

Archived