IGNORED

Planners kill off Rovers stadium hopes...

WhistleHappy

Thinking back to our own 'Buy A Brick' scheme of way back when, I wonder if FGR's raised funds for their hoped for new stadium with a 'Buy A Plank' strategy ?  

If so what are they going to do regarding refunds etc now that their plans seem to have turned to (saw)dust ? 

After suffering an unexpected hammer blow FGR's shocked carpentry contractors are preparing to leave the site on the … (wait for it)…. next available plane!    

A local splinter group are thought to be responsible for undermining the previously thought nailed on expectation of a successful planning application.

Now Forest Green cant see the wood for the C's ! 

20 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

That wasn't timber framed  AFAIK RT, more to do with the dodgy cladding fitted to a concrete structure I think.

Exactly!

That was my point.

Serious fires happen for all sorts of reasons in buildings of all sorts of construction.

Not just wood.

9 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I'm assuming that these are the same councillors who passed PP for the new incinerator just off the M5.  I see it from near the top of Frocester Hill and it ain't easy on the eye.  Closer up it is clear that the lads built it with the plans upside down on the desk.  It's laughable, really……….:facepalm:

Is that what it is? I did wonder. That's one ugly arse building! 

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is that what it is? I did wonder. That's one ugly arse building! 

Just try and submit plans for a home extension in a similar (but obviously smaller scale) design.  You'd get laughed out of the council chamber.  I suspect that Private Eye may have some comments in back issues.  Something really doesn't smell right about passing or rejecting plans for projects at Stroud DC.  The FGR stadium design was actually quite pleasing to the eye and yes, it was all to be renewably sourced timber but my sources adamantly state that it would have been totally safe.  I should think tat with both structures in the eyeliner (had the stadium PP been granted, one would have certainly outshone the other.

21 hours ago, Magger1 said:

The gas are on the fringes of announcing a new plan for stadia at the old fruit market location along with new investors 

Are we? I look forward to seeing an Evening Post artists impression of what our new stadium 'could look like' and comparing it with the countless others from over the years.

5 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I'm assuming that these are the same councillors who passed PP for the new incinerator just off the M5.  I see it from near the top of Frocester Hill and it ain't easy on the eye.  Closer up it is clear that the lads built it with the plans upside down on the desk.  It's laughable, really……….:facepalm:

That is one hell of an ugly excrescence. It gave me a hell of a shock when I drove up the M5 for the first time in a while.

I sometimes wonder how the planners allowed so many ugly buildings in the 1960s but obviously it’s still going on!

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

That is one hell of an ugly excrescence. It gave me a hell of a shock when I drove up the M5 for the first time in a while.

I sometimes wonder how the planners allowed so many ugly buildings in the 1960s but obviously it’s still going on!

Word of the day?    Word of the month, more like!  Us Spanish lads might struggle with this one, mind!  ✍️

On 14/06/2019 at 11:36, JackofromSanJavier said:

I'm assuming that these are the same councillors who passed PP for the new incinerator just off the M5

No, Stroud planning committee definitely got the FGR stadium application wrong, but they're not to blame for the incinerator. Strategic waste infrastructure planning is the responsibility of the county council. Gloucestershire CC. It's the last PFI incinerator that will get built in this country, all of which are stupidly expensive. Stroud objected all the way.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 19:33, Magger1 said:

The gas are on the fringes of announcing a new plan for stadia at the old fruit market location along with new investors 

so their going to be moving to south Bristol then.

latest on this story is that FGR (Dale Vince) ARE going to appeal - they are also resubmitting the planning application with a few tweaks. The thinking behind this is that the councillors may well reflect (when they come to submit their official reasons for refusal) that they should maybe rethink and pass it rather than load the council with a lot of legal costs when they don't really have good reasons to fight an appeal and to go against the Planning Officers, Independent consultants and experts who all submitted reports. We don't want a stadium in our area ...is not a valid enough reason!

On 13/06/2019 at 19:33, Magger1 said:

I keep hearing that they are still in talks with the UWE !
A mate, Gas , works there and is adamant that the talks are ongoing. Trying to sort something before a takeover. 

Personally, I dubious about either of these two eventualities .

Archived