IGNORED

Garry Monk (Merged)

Mr Popodopolous

Football as an industry needs far more regulation, and fast. It is absolutely saturated with corruption and I feel we only see the tip of the iceberg. I have a worrying feeling that this kind of fraudulent activitiy is far more widespread that just Monk and co. Parasticial agents, and money being siphoned out of the game at every opportunity mean it isn't far from collapsing in on itself. The issue is their needing to be a vested interest in regulation - and at the moment there doesn't seem to be one

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The football industry is and always has been full of unscrupulous and ‘dodgy’ characters and this particular story isn’t surprising at all.

It’s an irrelevance as far I’m concerned. 

It can hardly be an irrelevance when it affects clubs competing with us in the Championship, to the extent that it causes them to change managers and has a significant effect on their finances and future ability to recruit.

18 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure you’d feel that way if it was going on at your club

How do we know that kind of unscrupulous shenanigans haven’t gone on at AG in the past? Tbh I’d be very surprised if they haven’t but we as fans wouldn’t know about it.

We have had a number of managers over the years with less than squeaky clean reputations ................:cool2:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How do we know that kind of unscrupulous shenanigans haven’t gone on at AG in the past? Tbh I’d be very surprised if they haven’t but we as fans wouldn’t know about it.

We have had a number of managers over the years with less than squeaky clean reputations ................:cool2:

We don’t. But if it came out that it had, then it would hardly be an ‘irrelevance’. 

14 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It can hardly be an irrelevance when it affects clubs competing with us in the Championship, to the extent that it causes them to change managers and has a significant effect on their finances and future ability to recruit.

Dodgy dealings go on all the time in football Leveller but we fans simply don’t know about them. We occasionally read stories like this one or hear stories of brown envelopes being exchanged at service stations, bungs in other words.......to me particularly as I’m not involved in the football industry it is an irrelevance.

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The football industry is and always has been full of unscrupulous and ‘dodgy’ characters and this particular story isn’t surprising at all.

It’s an irrelevance as far I’m concerned. 

......and that's before you start talking about agents!

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In the "good old days" we were probably little different from most other clubs, and that we had many managers with their fingers in the pie.

Hopefully we are operating more "professionally" and as MA seems to deal with transfer activity and negotiating, and appears to be making a pretty good fist of protecting the club's interests       ( certainly when compared to Garry Monk!)   hopefully we have little to worry about in that respect.

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

......and that's before you start talking about agents!

In the "good old days" we were probably little different from most other clubs, and that we had many managers with their fingers in the pie.

Hopefully we are operating more "professionally" and as MA seems to deal with transfer activity and negotiating, and appears to be making a pretty good fist of protecting the club's interests       ( certainly when compared to Garry Monk!)   hopefully we have little to worry about in that respect.

Absolutely right. 

Ive said before that the set up at AG is the best I’ve ever known it and that’s all down to SL for employing the right people to implement his strategy.

That said the thought of easy mega money can be very tempting and we all know that football  particularly the PL is awash with TV money and some of that drips down to the Championship.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Dodgy dealings go on all the time in football Leveller but we fans simply don’t know about them. We occasionally read stories like this one or hear stories of brown envelopes being exchanged at service stations, bungs in other words.......to me particularly as I’m not involved in the football industry it is an irrelevance.

Then why feel the need to comment on the matter?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Helping others understand that this type of dodgy dealing goes on in the football industry...................:cool2:

Indeed because no one on this forum would be aware of such things without your wealth of knowledge being shared on the subject. 

Just now, lenred said:

Indeed because no one on this forum would be aware of such things without your wealth of knowledge. 

Well......some posters seem bothered by this ‘revealing’ story and I’m simply saying that it’s no big deal as it goes on all the time.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Helping others understand that this type of dodgy dealing goes on in the football industry...................:cool2:

Thank you very much. I had no idea that a correlation exists between corruption and money. Without you, I'd be less knowledgeable. Bless you, squire.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well......some posters seem bothered by this ‘revealing’ story and I’m simply saying that it’s no big deal as it goes on all the time.

This is a pretty big story. No doubt this stuff goes on but this is it being revealed and reported on. Proof it goes on - in our division with our opponents. Big big difference.  But then you know that and you’re just being your usual arrogant self important self. 

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wow really? I'd never have guessed, thankyou Robbored for enlightening us.  ps, when spellcheck comes up when I type your name it informs me it should be Rob Bored with all the posting you do I find that hard to believe.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s times like this that I’m just so grateful that there’s an intellectual superior to us on the forum to guide us and to offer such razor sharp insight. 

I allow Dalai Robbo's undoubted wisdom to influence me through my life. I'm now an antagonistic bowls freak with a 'me me me' complex.

3 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

I'm really surprised that @Robbored or as he is often known Rob Bored is not the author of all the threads on here. Either knows more than others, doesn't believe it or shoots down everyone else. Shall we just rename the forum One Team In Robbo Land? 

I thought it was a train forum based on the number of posts that get derailed. 

Archived