IGNORED

Bilic to WBA, Woodgate to Boro, Cooper to Swansea

marcofisher

Sorry if already discussed somewhere else but I hadn't seen it. 

Does anyone else find all three of these managerial signings incredibly underwhelming and bizarre for these three clubs which would surely be classed as one of the top clubs in this tier? Each one that has been reported I have thought "that it good for us" rather than "they will be above us next year".

Mind you, I thought Boro were nailed on for a playoff place the first full season that Pulis had and how wrong I was, even if they did finish above us. 

19 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

bizarre or not, the fact they haven't hired the usual merry-go-round has-beens is to be applauded - whether or not it works out remains to be seen

The dinosaurs are dying out....’bout time

It’s funny how we see things as i see the complete opposite especially with Swansea and Boro who both now have young managers (like ourselves) with something to prove.

id rather that than a Pullis, McLaren, Allardyce type all day long 

Nice to see some younger coaches given a chance, bilic is a good one for West Brom, i didn’t think he’d fancy the championship,

i think woodgate and cooper will do good jobs though Middlesbrough may have to sell this season to reduce their wage bill

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

It’s funny how we see things as i see the complete opposite especially with Swansea and Boro who both now have young managers (like ourselves) with something to prove.

id rather that than a Pullis, McLaren, Allardyce type all day long 

This is exactly what I thought..!

How can you feel “underwhelmed” by another club’s managerial appointment anyway..?!

Whether the appointments work out, or not, full credit to the 3 clubs for taking a fresh approach. 

It takes far more due diligence, insight and plan, to appoint someone who’s not on the merry go round, so I’m interested to see how they all get on. 

Bilic looks a good appointment for WBA, Woodgate will be popular with the Boro fans being a local boy from the Nunthorpe area of Middlesbrough and the appointment of Cooper to the Swansea is typical of their DNA. Bilic we know about but let’s see if the others to the rising crop of successful young English managers. 

I’m not sure how Slaven Bilic fits into the ‘exciting appointment of fresh young managers’ criterion.

I like him, but he’s 50, has been a manager for 13 years and doesn’t have that inspiring a record. Decent for Croatia, middling for a couple of years with West Ham and not much else. I’d like to see him succeed, but I don’t see him as either proven or exciting.

6 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Bilic looks a good appointment for WBA, Woodgate will be popular with the Boro fans being a local boy from the Nunthorpe area of Middlesbrough and the appointment of Cooper to the Swansea is typical of their DNA. Bilic we know about but let’s see if the others to the rising crop of successful young English managers. 

Cooper is welsh - I think he may well prove to be the most successful of those three ...

Archived