Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Edge1981

Eddie Nketiah - Signed For Leeds Season Long Loan

I don't want to see Nketiah in any formation in which he'll find himself defensively supporting our fullbacks. He needs to be as far forward as possible.

We have agreed deals with player and Arsenal FC. what is still in doubt is whether Emery will let him go. If he goes on loan, he comes to us, but Emery is saying he doesnt want to loan him out but Mertesacker (sp) is pushing for a loan saying he needs game time. 

6 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

We have agreed deals with player and Arsenal FC. what is still in doubt is whether Emery will let him go. If he goes on loan, he comes to us, but Emery is saying he doesnt want to loan him out but Mertesacker (sp) is pushing for a loan saying he needs game time. 

Always liked Mertesacker!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

C'mon Eddie, do the right thing !!!

Not a dig but a genuine question. You think that the 18 year old French kid will be in the U23’s or sent on loan, but 19 year old Nketiah is our saviour? Do you really think a year makes so much difference?

• Like 1

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Not a dig but a genuine question. You think that the 18 year old French kid will be in the U23’s or sent on loan, but 19 year old Nketiah is our saviour? Do you really think a year makes so much difference?

Hmm and mores the point, thats not much experience coming in and being expected to produce at a high level in a tough league. I suppose if either of them was a year or 2 older we would stand no chance of getting them

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I assume we have asked Arsenal for a decision by a given time so we can try to secure another of our targets.

Probably ,but i doubt we're in any position to dictate to them a deadline. I doubt they'd be very concerned by our needs.  I suspect there is a queue of clubs (that fit Arsenal's criteria for player development) wanting him so i can't see why they'd be desperate to send him to us particularly.

Edited by Loco Rojo

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Probably ,but i doubt we're in any position to dictate to them a deadline. I doubt they'd be very concerned by our needs.  I suspect there is a queue of clubs (that fit Arsenal's criteria for player development) wanting him so i can't see why they'd be desperate to send him to us particularly.

I used the word ask precisely because we cannot expect to dictate. We can expect common courtesy though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I used the word ask precisely because we cannot expect to dictate. We can expect common courtesy though.

ask or dictate, I don't think Arsenal would care much.  I doubt courtesy would make much of a difference to them. Not suggesting they dislike us but being realistic, i doubt it'll make much of a difference if they knew the delay in making a decision was impacting us.

20 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I assume we have asked Arsenal for a decision by a given time so we can try to secure another of our targets.

16 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

We could help them out here. 

If they loaned us Lacazette for the season, then it would free up more game time to help develop Eddie..! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Play that formation and what happened Sunday will happen every week as we’d be over run in midfield 

If the new lad and Brownhill actually help the defence and if right attacker actually helps out Hunt instead of ball watching like Wiemann was then there is room for Palmer.

I would have Eddie through the middle and Wiemann on right and Eliasson on left but attacking and defending as a unit - both are currently too far forward when the ball is in our third - no doubt awaiting the lump up to Famara and to try and support that - he is the problem for me - take him out and go back to incisive build up play meaning the left and right attackers are naturally closer their full backs

Edited by Meh
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We could help them out here. 

If they loaned us Lacazette for the season, then it would free up more game time to help develop Eddie..! 

Can he control a ball flying 100mph towards his face? Doesn't fit the DNA. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Can he control a ball flying 100mph towards his face? Doesn't fit the DNA. 

i agree it doesnt matter who we get if we are going to hoof everything forward when plan a goes tits up 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Brighton have signed striker Neal Maupay from Brentford on a four-year contract, fee is around £20m

Hope we now don't have more competition and stay in London

Brentford have already signed his replacement though...

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

Brentford have already signed his replacement though...

Yeah, but its ok, im sure that if we sell webster and don’t sign a replacement in time that it wont matter and we will steamroller over leeds. Oh wait...

39 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Brighton have signed striker Neal Maupay from Brentford on a four-year contract, fee is around £20m

Hope we now don't have more competition and stay in London

That fee highlights what an incredible job MA did with Webster fee. Maupay younger and prolific in a more expensive position - fee appears to be less. 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

For me it's about the position they play in more so than age they are. Striker v engine room midfield player. World of difference for me.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

For me it's about the position they play in more so than age they are. Striker v engine room midfield player. World of difference for me.

I can see what you're saying but we're some years away from sending £7m signings out on loan.  He'll probably start on the bench but he's here to play, and play now.

Just read this quote 

I need to keep pushing, keep working and as for the season I want to be playing regularly.

"After the pre-season tour, it’s something that I’ll look at with my family and speak to the manager and see what’s best for me.

Interesting that he wants to play regularly. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Just read this quote 

I need to keep pushing, keep working and as for the season I want to be playing regularly.

"After the pre-season tour, it’s something that I’ll look at with my family and speak to the manager and see what’s best for me.

Interesting that he wants to play regularly. 

Tell him to have a word with Tammy.

I have the same feeling with this transfer as when i was 19 and chasing this top piece of fanny. Well over my level tbh but it’s always the chase that’s the thrill..

Turned out she went to some other bloke (club) with a better car and I was left with a lonely **** under my bed. 

Yeah. Sorry to be so depressing 

• Haha 2

My best mate is an arsenal fan and when I first told him we were linked with us he genuinely didn’t believe me as he thinks this guy is class and near the first team - and this was before he started the pre season form!

would be a big coup, Tammy like...

Edited by City_pete1

1 minute ago, Cannybluff said:

What's happened? 

Nothing.

Young Eddie has made some comments - we will find out tomorrow if he is coming, which I hope he is, but we need to move on quickly if it’s a no-go.

12 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

ITK or a WUM?

8 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Don't be a ****. Do you know anything or just yet another attention seaker?

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Can I go to bed or what?

I'm pained to put my reputation on the line and say he is coming, but he is coming. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CiderHider said:

I'm pained to put my reputation on the line and say he is coming, but he is coming. 

Fair play, assuming no announcement at this time tonight?

2 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

FFS, another day of no work it is...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

nice one, any idea on announcement?

1 minute ago, Alex#40 said:

Fair play, assuming no announcement at this time tonight?

I don't know, hopefully it will happen tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I have the same feeling with this transfer as when i was 19 and chasing this top piece of fanny. Well over my level tbh but it’s always the chase that’s the thrill..

Turned out she went to some other bloke (club) with a better car and I was left with a lonely **** under my bed. 

Yeah. Sorry to be so depressing 

Why under your bed? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

I don't know, hopefully it will happen tomorrow morning. 

Based on ... ?