Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Edge1981

Eddie Nketiah - Signed For Leeds Season Long Loan

1 minute ago, CiderHider said:

Trust them completely.

Certainly sounds promising then! Hopefully your source isn't on a wind up! 

Love our loan signings we've managed to get in over the last couple of seasons, exciting stuff. Nketiah is definitely a bit of quality we need.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Love our loan signings we've managed to get in over the last couple of seasons, exciting stuff. Nketiah is definitely a bit of quality we need.

Not all of them, leko for example

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

@Kid in the Riot you heard anything similar dude about Nketiah being in town tonight?

Nope. 

We're desperate to spunk some cash in the next 48 hrs tho and this guy is top priority, as he has been for 2 months. 

Also desperate to shift at least two out before close of play Thursday.

Glad I've got today off work 😂

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nope. 

We're desperate to spunk some cash in the next 48 hrs tho and this guy is top priority, as he has been for 2 months. 

Desperate to get out, why? Lack of attitude or lack of signing contract?

I think we need to sell / loan out the following-

Walsh

Adeluken

Bakinson

O’Dowda

Paterson

Watkins

I worked out we have 15 midfielders last night... the squad is so unbalanced at present. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nope. 

... And January before that 😅

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Walsh

Adeluken

Bakinson

O’Dowda

Paterson

Watkins

I worked out we have 15 midfielders last night... the squad is so unbalanced at present. 

You need to split that down to type of midfielder

wingers

attacking

defensive

playmaker

for example

12 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Walsh

Adeluken

Bakinson

O’Dowda

Paterson

Watkins

I personally find it frustrating that our squad is so in balanced. As you say 15 midfielders, we’ve signed Palmer and SZMODICS and still have Paterson.

Johnson says we need five new players (four after last night) but he has signed the majority of this squad, from Sunday only Baker and Pack were not signed by Johnson.

I appreciate we’ve received cash from the sale of Webster , and may open up targets that may not have been available previously but the continued comments from Johnson that an additional five players required for me is a concern after three years in charge 

• Like 4
  • Aubergine 1

2 minutes ago, daored said:

I appreciate we’ve received cash from the sale of Webster , and may open up targets that may not have been available previously but the continued comments from Johnson that an additional five players required for me is a concern after three years in charge

Don't forget that we've sold several key/good players in that time, so it's only natural that we need to strengthen the squad. We do seem a bit midfielder-heavy, though, I agree.

I really hope the club have some positive information from Arsenal that we as supporters don’t have. It seems we are putting all our eggs in one basket and if it all goes wrong Lee will be in a similar position to his father years ago when we panicked at the end of the transfer window with Lee Trundle, paid over the odds for him and he proved to be a damp squid!

1 minute ago, John Galley said:

I really hope the club have some positive information from Arsenal that we as supporters don’t have. It seems we are putting all our eggs in one basket and if it all goes wrong Lee will be in a similar position to his father years ago when we panicked at the end of the transfer window with Lee Trundle, paid over the odds for him and he proved to be a damp squid!

Squid are usually damp :)

I agree that it does appear all the eggs are in the one basket, but we don't know what's going on other than what we see/hear in the media. I can't believe that the club wouldn't have other options and may well bring one in other than Nketiah :fingerscrossed:

Squad needs trimming as we have too many busy bees. All ok on their day but nowhere near consistently good enough to be considered top end championship quality.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Don't forget that we've sold several key/good players in that time, so it's only natural that we need to strengthen the squad. We do seem a bit midfielder-heavy, though, I agree.

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Numbers. Squad a little bloated 

4 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Squad needs trimming as we have too many busy bees. All ok on their day but nowhere near consistently good enough to be considered top end championship quality.

I think this my point , we’ve got an unbalanced squad. We’ve brought too many players in who aren’t impacting on our first team, and the majority of those players have been brought in under Johnson.

I fear we will struggle to move players on.

Edited by daored
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, daored said:

I personally find it frustrating that our squad is so in balanced. As you say 15 midfielders, we’ve signed Palmer and SZMODICS and still have Paterson.

Johnson says we need five new players (four after last night) but he has signed the majority of this squad, from Sunday only Baker and Pack were not signed by Johnson.

I think you're kind of answering you own concern. Our model is to buy young, develop, sell at a profit and repeat increasing the quality of the next prospects we sign. We've just cashed in on a player and have money to improve the squad. Whilst I understand it might bloat the squad do we really want to wait to sign players at the next level until we have moved people on? Which would make it tough to get anything done in time for this window. 

To me it's a case of bloat the squad until Jan and get some quality in now or trim the squad first and wait for the quality improvements until Jan. 

Obviously the new players need to improve the quality but with Noah we've definitely raised the bar and if the Nketiah comes off that's another improvement. 

55 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Right, I’ve held out long enough, I’ve taken the plunge and asked some questions at the Arsenal end... keep your fingers crossed. 🤞

"Talks are ongoing" as far as Arsenal are concerned, but apparently we're not the only club still in for him.

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nope. 

Still looking for two in and definitely two out I heard. 

So hear me out on this, but what happens in a years time, if we do sign ntekiah? Theres a 3 million loan fee apparently, when he goes we will be minus 3 million of our transfer fund,, but with no striker. If wr get promoted, then great, if we dont, then its back to semenyo and jenneh i guess, with diedhou and wiemann.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

So hear me out on this, but what happens in a years time, if we do sign ntekiah? Theres a 3 million loan fee apparently, when he goes we will be minus 3 million of our transfer fund,, but with no striker. If wr get promoted, then great, if we dont, then its back to semenyo and jenneh i guess, with diedhou and wiemann.

Yeah Semenyo and Janneh would be our contingency on the premise that they will improve.

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Just to view it from the other perspective.

This player could be the difference between us making the play off places or going up etc. 

And even if it doesn’t pay off it gives the club plenty of time to target new players in the next summer window. The 3m spent wouldn’t be a massive dent either.

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I just mentioned this on the Jack Marriott topic I created. Bringing in Nketiah would be great business for this season. However as you mentioned we need to think about where that leaves us next season. If we don’t get promoted then we are back to where we are now (as you correctly mentioned).

Jack Marriott seems to be a back up choice at Derby. We have money to spend and in a market where prices are consistently growing each year, I would look to secure Marriott this window. That is as well as Nketiah. We need serious competition up front to be considered promotion candidates. 

Nketiah looks to be a fantastic young talent. However, we need to remember that the lad is only 20 years old. It’s a big ask to pin our play off hopes on a lad that young. I’m sure he would be a huge success but we also need another option. 

I wish we weren’t in this situation this late in the window, but I still think we need 2 additions up top.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

great prospect but 3 million for a loan is ridiculous 

But when you consider that Barnsley wanted more for Kieffer Moore it’s a steal 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

How much do you think Tammy’s loan fee was, out of interest? 

12 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Still looking for two in and definitely two out I heard. 

Think your source is flawed

LJ himself has said he wants five

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Will you be saying this if he gets 20+ and we get promoted?

No, no you won't.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Agreed. 

You could sign Akinbiyi and Soren Anderson for that.

And have change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think your source is flawed

LJ himself has said he wants five

Let’s say there’s a difference between what LJ wants and what he gets. 

Obviously it can change as opportunities arise but 2 in and 2 out is more realistic. 

8 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Just to view it from the other perspective.

This player could be the difference between us making the play off places or going up etc. 

And even if it doesn’t pay off it gives the club plenty of time to target new players in the next summer window. The 3m spent wouldn’t be a massive dent either.

Moreover, it shows the next Man City/Arsenal/Tottenham starlet that we are the destination club of choice to further your development, until such time as we get promoted. 

• Thanks 1

If we're paying £3M for a loan that's like £60k per week. Are we paying his wages too?

Personally I'd take that sort of hit on Gayle's wages - at least he is proven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

Obviously it can change as opportunities arise but 2 in and 2 out is more realistic. 

I think you may have been ‘whooshed’ @RedSA

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

But your source is saying ‘still looking for two in’

LJ is looking for five

So who is ’looking for two ‘ (according to your ‘source’)

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

If we're paying £3M for a loan that's like £60k per week. Are we paying his wages too?

Personally I'd take that sort of hit on Gayle's wages - at least he is proven.

But then you add in the 15 million transfer fee for Gayle...

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But your source is saying ‘still looking for two in’

LJ is looking for five

So who is ’looking for two ‘ (according to your ‘source’)

Hey Bob, tried to PM you (for obvious reasons) but couldn’t do it! So have to leave it there 

• Thanks 1