Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Edge1981

Eddie Nketiah - Signed For Leeds Season Long Loan

4 minutes ago, headhunter said:

If we're paying £3M for a loan that's like £60k per week. Are we paying his wages too?

Personally I'd take that sort of hit on Gayle's wages - at least he is proven.

The 3 mill is just a thank you payment to Arse for loaning him to us. Wages are Seperate.

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

The 3 mill is just a thank you payment to Arse for loaning him to us. Wages are Seperate.

Sorry Arse went 12 months ago !!!

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Hey Bob, tried to PM you (for obvious reasons) but couldn’t do it! So have to leave it there 

:laughcont:

Was just interested if there was a suggestion that Lees press statements weren’t in line with the ‘ clubs’  thoughts. ?

53 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Numbers. Squad a little bloated 

Nonsense. You'll see that for yourself when we can play all nine or our attacking midfielders.

---------------------------------------------------------------Bentley----------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------Masengo-Szmodics-Palmer

Watkins--Eliasson--Weimann-------------------------------------Paterson-O'Dowda-Adelakun

---------------------------------------------Fammy

We're going to win the league!

COYR! 

22 minutes ago, RedSA said:

How much do you think Tammy’s loan fee was, out of interest? 

Indeed. Or Kalas's.

Edited by Northern Red

1 hour ago, daored said:

I personally find it frustrating that our squad is so in balanced. As you say 15 midfielders, we’ve signed Palmer and SZMODICS and still have Paterson.

Johnson says we need five new players (four after last night) but he has signed the majority of this squad, from Sunday only Baker and Pack were not signed by Johnson.

I appreciate we’ve received cash from the sale of Webster , and may open up targets that may not have been available previously but the continued comments from Johnson that an additional five players required for me is a concern after three years in charge 

Baker was signed by Johnson, pack and smith weren’t 

43 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

"Talks are ongoing" as far as Arsenal are concerned, but apparently we're not the only club still in for him.

I should add to this - Arsenal are expecting him to go on loan, which is good news for us!

Just now, The Journalist said:

I should add to this - Arsenal are expecting him to go on loan, which is good news for us!

Nixon reckoned 23 clubs had asked about him 😮

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Baker was signed by Johnson, pack and smith weren’t 

In fact, Smith was SOLD by Johnson. They were Oldham’s Captain and Manager when we swapped Liam Kelly with them. 

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Nonsense. You'll see that for yourself when we can play all nine or our attacking midfielders.

---------------------------------------------------------------Bentley----------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------Masengo-Szmodics-Palmer

Watkins--Eliasson--Weimann-------------------------------------Paterson-O'Dowda-Adelakun

---------------------------------------------Fammy

We're going to win the league!

COYR! 

Excellent sensible recruitment. 

Brownhill is arguably more offensive than not as well.

lj starts to lose credibility asking for 5 more players when this sort of thing goes on.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

We are in the driving seat On this one

Well bundle him in the back and drive off. Fast.

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Brownhill is arguably more offensive than not as well.

Seemed like a nice lad to me...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

David Ornstein, Arsenal's main correspondent, now expecting him to leave on loan and names us.

3 minutes ago, JackMarch said:

FF6D7C83-CB2B-4035-8ABE-6F6C7AFF1C0D.png

360EA620-C2A9-4E0C-9E55-983B34C1C8C4.png

Yep that looks very promising

Ornstein works for BBC and according to planetfootball

In the weird and wonderful world that is football Twitter, BBC journalist David Ornstein has become a cult hero among Arsenal fans.

Ornstein has built up a reputation with supporters as the most reliable source of information for all things relating to the Gunners.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

In the weird and wonderful world that is football Twitter, BBC journalist David Ornstein has become a cult hero among Arsenal fans.

Ornstein has built up a reputation with supporters as the most reliable source of information for all things relating to the Gunners.

That is true. He's not been 100% perfect, but he tends to be the hallmark of confirmation for Arsenal. If Leeds come in for him, I'd hope that our pitch and length of time pursuing him would give us the edge. Nketiah's said the whole time that he wants first team minutes, so hopefully we've been really pitching well to him that he'll get his chance.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

"A number of clubs" would indicate still decisions to be made...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

He knows his stuff, that’s the end of that then :(

Hardly...

Arsenal may want to choose us over Leeds, who are much further away and play a style of football that may not be so benefitting to Nketiah 

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Hardly...

Arsenal may want to choose us over Leeds, who are much further away and play a style of football that may not be so benefitting to Nketiah 

What, a good one? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

What, a good one? 

High press, very energy sapping and for a young player maybe not used to it it could be tough.

Thats me really clutching at straws...

• Like 1

Literally chewing my nails off over this one. 

It's like the girl you've had your eye on all the way through school, and it's now the year 11 leavers party.

CAN YOU GET IT OVER THE LINE?!!! 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Literally chewing my nails off over this one. 

It's like the girl you've had your eye on all the way through school, and it's now the year 11 leavers party.

CAN YOU GET IT OVER THE LINE?!!! 

You had a girl called eddie in your school?

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I just mentioned this on the Jack Marriott topic I created. Bringing in Nketiah would be great business for this season. However as you mentioned we need to think about where that leaves us next season. If we don’t get promoted then we are back to where we are now (as you correctly mentioned).

Jack Marriott seems to be a back up choice at Derby. We have money to spend and in a market where prices are consistently growing each year, I would look to secure Marriott this window. That is as well as Nketiah. We need serious competition up front to be considered promotion candidates. 

Nketiah looks to be a fantastic young talent. However, we need to remember that the lad is only 20 years old. It’s a big ask to pin our play off hopes on a lad that young. I’m sure he would be a huge success but we also need another option. 

I wish we weren’t in this situation this late in the window, but I still think we need 2 additions up top.

Much as I like the sound of Nketiah, I would prefer to have a loan with an option to buy.  We won’t get that with Nketiah.

16 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

If Leeds are in for him, I would think that's our hopes dashed

Hopefully we’ll got it done while Leeds make their mind up. Hope no Leeds fans read any of the Kent references on here. 

Edited by Southport Red

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

great prospect but 3 million for a loan is ridiculous 

Perhaps, but we've spent a whole lot more than that on players who haven't developed or become first team regulars

Leeds are apparently really pushing on this now. Some even saying that he was meant to be heading down to us today, but new interest from another club meant that his agent has put us on hold??? Please God no.

Once Phil Hay starts mentioning stuff, you have to take it seriously. The Bielsa factor worries me...

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Leeds are apparently really pushing on this now. Some even saying that he was meant to be heading down to us today, but new interest from another club meant that his agent has put us on hold??? Please God no.

Once Phil Hay starts mentioning stuff, you have to take it seriously. The Bielsa factor worries me...

If he goes to leeds we have wasted another transfer window tring to find a striker.

to be fair , if roofe is leaving, that would be a perfect fit for a young talented premier league striker

• Like 1

LJ has a good reputation for developing individual players. It’s not all about just sending him to them best team who play the best football.