Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Edge1981

Eddie Nketiah - Signed For Leeds Season Long Loan

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

LJ has a good reputation for developing individual players. It’s not all about just sending him to them best team who play the best football.

Agree. If it was a purchase, you might think the player would think “more chance of EPL next year with Leeds”.  But as he will go back to Arsenal in 12 months no matter what, Leeds being a ‘big club’ may not be as important. 

58 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

But then you add in the 15 million transfer fee for Gayle...

Nope - I was suggesting a season long loan with an option to buy next summer if his goals took us up.

Prefer him over Wickham and Rhodes any day

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unan said:

Leeds have to sell players, Bielsa said they have to sell Roofe to comply with FFP. How could they afford Nketiah?

but they were trying buy Kent, which would not be cheap

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

great prospect but 3 million for a loan is ridiculous 

What is ridiculous about it? I don’t understand how you can say that, if he scores 15 goals and we get in the playoffs it would then add value to the rest of the team, then what if we went up?

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

if we've pinned all our hopes on getting this over the line a few days before the window shuts, huuuuuuge gamble!!

Makes me think that there will be a deadline in Ashton's mind at which point we turn to options B and C.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

but they were trying buy Kent, which would not be cheap

Hoping that our pitch and long pursuit, to convince Arsenal we will develop the lad will win out over a last minute  “we’ll take him if we can’t get Ryan Kent”

1 minute ago, miloemily said:

What is ridiculous about it? I don’t understand how you can say that, if he scores 15 goals and we get in the playoffs it would then add value to the rest of the team, then what if we went up?

But what if he doesnt score those goals and we dont go up? 

I hope Johnson and co. Have other options which could be done quickly. If Nketiah now goes elsewhere and we don’t sign a striker, it’s going to be a bit of a struggle. Not to mention the absolute carnage that will unfold on here! 

I can’t help but feel that the longer this drags out the less likely it becomes. Leeds interest would be a big worry. 

Please don’t do a Joe Bryan on us Eddie!!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

But what if he doesnt score those goals and we dont go up? 

Highly unlikely he will not score the goals. We don’t go up then I’d rather have paid 3m than sign someone who is very mediocre for 3 years.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I can’t help but feel that the longer this drags out the less likely it becomes. Leeds interest would be a big worry. 

Please don’t do a Joe Bryan on us Eddie!!

This would be an absolute gut wrencher! 

• Like 1

tweeted by David Ornstein 40 mins ago

Significant interest in Nketiah from abroad as well as domestic clubs

( I also see that one of Bielsas staff have close links to Emery) 

Cmon City !
Edited by BobBobSuperBob

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:
tweeted by David Ornstein 40 mins ago

Significant interest in Nketiah from abroad as well as domestic clubs

I also see that one of Bielsas staff have close links to Emery

Cmon City !

Victor Orta apparently - their DoF? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

link?

Phil hay on Twitter I cant copy on here. Links between arsenal exec and Leeds backroom and they may be in talks

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Phil hay on Twitter I cant copy on here. Links between arsenal exec and Leeds backroom and they may be in talks

He says he is the backup option only if they fail to sign Kent who they are in advanced talks with

Just now, Ashton_Red said:

He says he is the backup option only if they fail to sign Kent who they are in advanced talks with

But where's the drama in that?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Victor Orta (Leeds' director of Football) knows Emery from his Seville days.

I feel sick. 

But doesn’t he know we’ve just signed the next Platini FFS 

:dunno:

Desperately trying to remain positive in light of ITK guys on here saying good things but the more I read about this the more it feels like we may miss out and then have a panic buying situation on our hands before Thursday. Hope I'm wrong.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Victor Orta (Leeds' director of Football) knows Emery from his Seville days.

I feel sick. 

That would be the ultimate gut wrencher if he just ends up going to Emery’s mate.

Let’s hope our long term interest means something to Arsenal or we’ve wasted considerable time and effort. 

Worried this could go horribly wrong now, think we may have had a commitment that we are top of the list and likely to get him, but this new Leeds interest could be a game changer.

We will then have to panic buy and either pay over the top for Gayle or settle for a much lesser target.

Really hope we get EN, as its the signing have been most excited about this window

4 minutes ago, Riaz said:

All i can see on twitter is Leeds fans piping up. everyone else says he's coming here.

Yup - it's all Leeds on there now. I hope our representations to Arse will stand us in good (John) stead though. 

This is stressful enough on here having to keep refreshing and waiting for news or the Kid giving us some comforting words, but not a fraction on what it must be like in MA's office this morning,

no pressure Mark, but just get it done... please

Just remember that whoever he signs for won't be based on the amount of tweets that are made in the past hour. If Leeds are mentioned to be interested, of course there'll be tons of Leeds fans tweeting about it. 

Just now, Ashton_Red said:

With Leeds being bookies favourites still to sign Gayle and us still in the running, does anyone think that whoever doesn’t get Nketiah will sign Gayle? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bruce has spoken about Gayle and clear he is keeping him

• Like 1

twitter has it as all us atm.... Daily express and a couple of london papers tweeting out its a 'done deal' or 'close' 

Im hopeful we will get this through due to the fact we have improved previous loanees and Tammy may have put in a good word for us from his time spent with us

38 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Being outplayed by Leeds Sunday could now be even more costly

If he watched that game, he can hardly have been encouraged by our tactically inept display.