Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Edge1981

Eddie Nketiah - Signed For Leeds Season Long Loan

National Reporter on TS now , live  (Alex someone - Crook ?)

confirming increasing confidence at City that he’s coming here 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Imagine being a backup option to Ryan bloody Kent, Nketiah must feel embarrassed and disrespected.

Who's this Kent and why aren't we in for him...?

• Haha 4

In the picture of Eddie on the Daily Express tweet, he is shown making the score 0-3 with his fingers. I fear he was watching us on Sky on Sunday and was pictured before Weimann struck.

• Haha 1

Good DOF relationship with Emery or not, Nketiah would get far more playtime here than behind Bamford at Leeds. His progression will be considered above giving mates favours. 

All the talk from Nketiah across the summer has been about getting minutes and doing what's best for him. The fact that we've been in for him all summer/year should surely give us an edge over Leeds, who seem to have only shown an interest very recently after their bids for Kent have been turned down.

4 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Talksport saying he's coming to us.....

That’s a bad  exaggeration 

Don’t mislead pls

6337E4E4-9DEC-4F03-B47F-AA61799BDE3D.jpeg

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Aubergine 1

The life of being a Bristol City fan...

(on signing a wonderkid from Monaco) “ must be a wind up”, “why on Earth would he come here?”

(on getting Nketiah when ANY other club are interested) “oh well, that’s that then”. 

We may be THE most glass half empty supporters in the country 😀

• Like 8

Just now, Southport Red said:

(on signing a wonderkid from Monaco) “ must be a wind up”, “why on Earth would he come here?”

(on getting Nketiah when ANY other club are interested) “oh well, that’s that then”. 

It's called being English! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

Looking good chaps (crosses EVERYTHING!)

tim shires.PNG

From what I can gather Tim just posts this stuff reactively to what’s being said in the press at the time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

You wonder how some manage to get through the day without a complete meltdown.

• Like 1

Pretty sure they were on the south stand roof again last night. Despite having a view of the stand from my living room and being a fair bit closer than Dundry, I couldn't make out exactly what was going on (nor do I have a long range lens). They certainly had the lights on in that corner of the stand.

The pessimist in me says they were just taking more shots of the French lad or they simply forgot to turn the lights off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

A lot on here just drink from the wrong glass, hence their negativity.

1 minute ago, MC26 said:

Pretty sure they were on the south stand roof again last night. Despite having a view of the stand from my living room and being a fair bit closer than Dundry, I couldn't make out exactly what was going on (nor do I have a long range lens). They certainly had the lights on in that corner of the stand.

The pessimist in me says they were just taking more shots of the French lad or they simply forgot to turn the lights off!

You need to borrow @Rudolf Hucker‘s night vision goggles. 

• Haha 1

I know it's the dumbest thing to read into... but the club are tweeting out consistently on the hour today, which normally coincides with announcing a signing...

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I know it's the dumbest thing to read into... but the club are tweeting out consistently on the hour today, which normally coincides with announcing a signing...

Was thinking the same....they love it. 

2 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Aww sadly not cliff just sat on the sofa refreshing this thread with finger toes and everything else crossed

15 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

It's because we are World Champions of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

18 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Please please please, let me, let me, let me.....

..... Let me get what I want, this time? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It's because we are World Champions of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

Yep - I was thinking back to the opening day thread and the Blackburn match from 1990. When Bob Taylor was ripping them apart it would have seemed implausible to suggest that almost 30 years later we'd still not have got beyond the second tier! 

• Like 2

This Leeds journo thinks that Leeds will get Kent and (I think) implies it is Kent OR Nketiah as far as Leeds are concerned. (Ignore the match report at the start of this article 😀). 

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-nketiah-ryan-kent-16707091.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Southport Red

21 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Speaking personally; not well.

20 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

It's called being English! 

It's called being a City fan. Complete opposite of Rovers fans, who are complete delusionists. When there is no hope, all you have are your delusions. When there a possibility of getting what you want, you can't dare to believe.

27 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

It's called being English Bristolian! 

27 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Snowmen, yes!

6 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

It's called being a City fan. Complete opposite of Rovers fans, who are complete delusionists. When there is no hope, all you have are your delusions. When there a possibility of getting what you want, you can't dare to believe.

I think if you followed their forum regularly (I don't, and I don't expect you to either), you'd find they had just as many, if not more doom-and-gloomers than us.

10 minutes ago, freezer said:

..... Let me get what I want, this time? 

Let’s hope Eddie thinks that it’s a ‘good time for a change’. 

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Yep - I was thinking back to the opening day thread and the Blackburn match from 1990. When Bob Taylor was ripping them apart it would have seemed implausible to suggest that almost 30 years later we'd still not have got beyond the second tier! 

Didn't help that we sold him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I think if you followed their forum regularly (I don't, and I don't expect you to either), you'd find they had just as many, if not more doom-and-gloomers than us.

...and with good reason!

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Indeed not - one of many, many false dawns...

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

For a pittance. And not long after Bobby Gould said he would have paid a million for him. 

• Like 1

Have a good feeling on this one-if he's going out on loan as now seems/ appears certain, I think we are the club to have made the long term detailed approach to Arsenal -Other clubs might now be interested but remember what was said when we signed tammy about long discussions selling our club to Chelsea etc. I think anyone coming in last minute cannot hope to put up such a well documented case to sign him. I Think he will be ours today or tomorrow. Don't panic!     

Edited by Suffolk Red
Typos
  • Like 1