Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Edge1981

Eddie Nketiah - Signed For Leeds Season Long Loan

3 minutes ago, Suffolk Red said:

Have a good feeling on this one-if he's going out on loan as now seems/ appears certain, I think we are the club to have made the long term detailed approach to Arsenal -Other clubs might now be interested but remember what was said when we signed tammy about long discussions selling our club to Chelsea etc. I think anyone coming in last minute cannot hope to put up such a well documented case to sign him. I Think he will be ours today or tomorrow. Don't panic!     

Think it will be done today ,  I’m certain the club will want this completed ASAP 

Screw Leeds United, they've got no chance of getting eddie nketiah. This is nailed on for city, no worries about this. 💯

Edited by Arkateee

95% it’s nothing but Lee trundle liked a tweet about Swansea being a good move for Nketiah... just another detail to add further stress to the situation 

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Can’t believe this has gone under the radar until now

Certainly no one on Otib suspected anything! 

1 minute ago, lou2BS7 said:

95% it’s nothing but Lee trundle liked a tweet about Swansea being a good move for Nketiah... just another detail to add further stress to the situation 

Swansea about to sign a striker on a permanent. 

19 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I think if you followed their forum regularly (I don't, and I don't expect you to either), you'd find they had just as many, if not more doom-and-gloomers than us.

In fairness, they do have more justification!

3 minutes ago, miloemily said:

Join the club, I’ve done nowt this morning except check this bloody thread!

Me neither - then again, I am retired and Mrs Downend is away for a few days!

Does make me laugh people suggesting a deciding factor is that we have a good pitch 😂

My main concern is anyone at Arsenal scouting or even watching our highlights v Leeds will struggle to see how a small pacy forward will get on well with only long balls to feed off. All well and good LJ saying we have a side to match his style etc. 

Still hopeful, but this lad is seriously in demand. I think we may have been front of the queue before his brilliant pre season. Hope that's enough to see us through. 

• Like 1

Just now, deadredfred said:

Does make me laugh people suggesting a deciding factor is that we have a good pitch 😂

My main concern is anyone at Arsenal scouting or even watching our highlights v Leeds will struggle to see how a small pacy forward will get on well with only long balls to feed off. All well and good LJ saying we have a side to match his style etc. 

Still hopeful, but this lad is seriously in demand. I think we may have been front of the queue before his brilliant pre season. Hope that's enough to see us through. 

Surely we played that way against Leeds BECAUSE we didn't have Nketiah?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Me neither - then again, I am retired and Mrs Downend is away for a few days!

Surprised you're not using other websites then...

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Surprised you're not using other websites then...

I can't - she put parental control on our internet!   :)

• Haha 6

Why would arsenal even want to send him to a club which see him as their second choice target.

This has been a slow burner and hope there is the mutual respect between Arsenal and us as a result.

dont want to jinx it but feel if he’s coming to the championship it will be us.

3 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Surely we played that way against Leeds BECAUSE we didn't have Nketiah?

I'd hope so and I'd hope not!

Our attacking threat (or lack of) somewhat proves we need a striker.

However, If we don't get him, is that our best tactics for the season?!

3 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

I'd hope so and I'd hope not!

Our attacking threat (or lack of) somewhat proves we need a striker.

However, If we don't get him, is that our best tactics for the season?!

Imo, if Eliasson starts, Massengo makes a good impact and we get a better right-back, maybe.

There's a profile of Nketiah on the Times website- sadly it's behind a paywall.

If it's in today's or tomorrows print version, it will be C and P on here at some stage- not by me of course! A friend said they would do so and email me it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

It’s over guys! Time to move on :(

CDA5707C-7F01-405F-B1A8-0971AECDCCA3.png

So a random Leeds fan thinks it's over so we should give up all hope?

2 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Some thing big going on at training ground

get ready to check out roof 

😜

There's usually a 5 hour delay from a roof climbing to official announcement. We need a fan photo on this or the whole of Bristol ain't getting any work done this afternoon

4 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Some thing big going on at training ground

get ready to check out roof 

😜

Don't tease us like that!

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Nothing more reliable than a Ghanaian football website 

There is - the Ghanaian Prince who has £20m  the he needs to move out of the country but needs my Uk bank account for the transaction. He will give me £2m just for the use of my account.

22 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

I’m pretty sure the extent of Arsenal’s research into City reached further than watching one game

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

There is - the Ghanaian Prince who has £20m  the he needs to move out of the country but needs my Uk bank account for the transaction. He will give me £2m just for the use of my account.

Seems a fair bloke giving you that. I once had a call from one of those rich African guys but when I agreed his phone went dead. Gutted I was! 😉

4 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

That's just some Leeds fan.

Indeed. And, whilst I've no idea how reliable Phil Hay, who he references is, all he has said is Leeds might be interested and Arsenal are "seriously considering" them. He makes no reference to the idea the player is waiting to see what happens...

22 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

If we have been working on this for months and the Arsenal scouting have just got around to scouting us in a one off game, then they are less professional than any Premier League side should be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’m pretty sure the extent of Arsenal’s research into City reached further than watching one game

Sorry TLC, your reply must have passed mine on the data stream. :) 

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

If we have been working on this for months and the Arsenal scouting have just got around to scouting us in a one off game, then they are less professional than any Premier League side should be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. And, whilst I've no idea how reliable Phil Hay, who he references is, all he has said is Leeds might be interested and Arsenal are "seriously considering" them. He makes no reference to the idea the player is waiting to see what happens...

Yep, and then the backroom connection to Sevilla was noticed. And then Leeds fans on Twitter said they were getting him.

9 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Yep, and then the backroom connection to Sevilla was noticed. And then Leeds fans on Twitter said they were getting him.

I suspect that Emery probably doesn't even get that involved with which clubs players go on loan too. He'd probably have a veto on whether or not a player went on loan but there would be other people negotiating which club and the details. I've no idea what's going on so obviously Nketihah COULD be going to Leeds for all I know but, even if he did, I doubt the Seville connection would have much to do with it.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, !james said:

Just took my 93 year old Mum to the club shop, she’s registered blind. In a very loud voice she said, “Which shirt should I get Nketiah on?” A cheer went up from club staff

At least someone was able to enjoy Sunday's match then!

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I suspect that Emery probably doesn't even get that involved with which clubs players go on loan too. He'd probably have a veto on whether or not a player went on loan but there would be other people negotiating which club and the details. I've no idea what's going on so obviously Nketihah COULD be going to Leeds for all I know but, even if he did, I doubt the Seville connection would have much to do with it if he did. 

I was going to post something like this, I think that has already been flagged by the fact he seems to be at loggerheads with theie "Transfer Committee" over whether he stayed or not.