Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Edge1981

Eddie Nketiah - Signed For Leeds Season Long Loan

2 minutes ago, lou2BS7 said:

This transfer saga is like being a teenage boy reaching 2nd base with a girl and her leaving you after a couple of months for an older lad

So you're saying Nketiah is a slut?

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

Hoping we are going to get the lad but with Leeds trying to scupper the deal could be a problem, unfortunately I get the impression the problem and hold up is coming from Arsenal and not us... gonna be disappointing if we don't get him and have to look elsewhere with time rapidly running out, my great fear is as others have said  all eggs in one basket could cost us and gonna end up missing out on all targets... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Our own fault for putting all eggs in one basket!!!

We never put all our eggs in one basket

11 minutes ago, !james said:

Shit now Ornstein is saying Leeds...

The loathsome David Ornstein - I once had the misfortune to work with him - rarely knows what he's talking about, but he does have close contacts with Arsenal, so sadly, I think he's probably right here.

It's the fact that Leeds have come in last minute with the Billy Big Bollox approach, that's winding me up. How have they not targeted him before this week? If we were in a race with Leeds for the past month, then I wouldn't care as much if we were to then lose out. It's the sheer arrogance of it all, plus the Bielsa effect that's really boiling my p***.

Come on Ashton, if ever we needed your absolute negotiating A game it's now!

Of course all this could just be a tactic to get a higher loan fee and or an increased wage contribution....

If after all this work we end up losing out last minute then I hope we don’t try and do business with Arsenal again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

It's the fact that Leeds have come in last minute with the Billy Big Bollox approach, that's winding me up. How have they not targeted him before this week? If we were in a race with Leeds for the past month, then I wouldn't care as much if we were to then lose out. It's the sheer arrogance of it all, plus the Bielsa effect that's really boiling my p***.

Its a bit of a gutter if true, but its a dog eat dog world really here. Don't think we will have any qualms quzumping another team if we could.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

The loathsome David Ornstein - I once had the misfortune to work with him - rarely knows what he's talking about, but he does have close contacts with Arsenal, so sadly, I think he's probably right here.

To be fair, even if he is, he's not actually saying anything game-changing. If Leeds are keen to sign in, they're keen to sign him - and that's not ideal - but we already knew there was rivalry from other clubs and what he has said is that Leeds are doing their best to convince the player, not that Arsenal or the player have expressed a preference for Leeds.

We may lose out - and you'd hope we have a contingency plan - but there's always been a risk Nketiah would go to another or not be loaned at all. It would be a blow to miss out but we haven't missed out yet and it would be a massive worry if the club were surprised or caught out by any of this...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

They sold Roofe and saw an opportunity for a replacement- makes perfect sense for how they play so I am not particularly surprised they're in for him.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

They sold Roofe and saw an opportunity for a replacement- makes perfect sense for how they play so I am not particularly surprised they're in for him.

I know, I know. It's just as it's THEM... 

Just now, cityexile said:

Its a bit of a gutter if true, but its a dog eat dog world really here. Don't think we will have any qualms quzumping another team if we could.

As @BRISTOL86 just said its frustrating that we have placed our interest in him long before Leeds. They have only put their interest in him since roofe pissed off.

3 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I know, I know. It's just as it's THEM... 

Can raise you on that, Derby albeit only because of their stadia shenanigans- only ones to add in on top to make the worst 5 to lose out to would be Cardiff, Swansea and fellow FFP dodgers Sheffield Wednesday!

Imagine losing out to one of those 6! :no:

At least it's not Aston Villa eh! On a footballing note, thinking about it I am surprised Leeds were not in for him on loan sooner (finances permitting of course).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

It’s a loan deal of a highly promising youth player not a permanent. It’s not about who’s the bigger fish or who’s has the best chance of winning the league. It’s about player development, and hopefully we’ve proved our worth over the last few seasons. If financials have already been agreed a while ago, then we got to keep the faith 🤞🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im sure the lads a class act but the sooner we move away from relying on prem loans to bail us out the better, We have the money spend it on players we can pin contracts too, the loan market is turning toxic. Loan fees are a joke with loan clubs attaching all sorts of t&c's .

This thread today... Every couple of hours somebody tweets about Leeds, and everyone goes in to melt down. Then it calms down for a little bit, until somebody else tweets exactly the same thing... And repeat...

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Im sure the lads a class act but the sooner we move away from relying on prem loans to bail us out the better, We have the money spend it on players we can pin contracts too, the loan market is turning toxic. Loan fees are a joke with loan clubs attaching all sorts of t&c's .

It’s what we actually do with our youngsters.......

5 minutes ago, Ashton98 said:

It still seems that they will only get nketiah if they don’t get get Kent so with all luck they sign Kent. 

Can't see how they can afford to sign Kent with them selling Roofe to apparently comply with FFP.

I think they should loan him, great great player much better than that lad from Arsenal and we know he was our top man when he was here shame we couldn't afford him. Was apparently the best player in the SPL last year for a generation - Leeds will be unstoppable if they get Ryan Kent.

(Never know we might be getting spied on)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope all you guys have something in your lives to occupy your time when the transfer windows shuts later this week !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

This thread today... Every couple of hours somebody tweets about Leeds, and everyone goes in to melt down. Then it calms down for a little bit, until somebody else tweets exactly the same thing... And repeat...

It'd make a fascinating psychological study. 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I hope all you guys have something in your lives to occupy your time when the transfer windows shuts later this week !

Yep - whinge about how we missed out on Eddie..........

• Haha 1

I know Leeds have been in talks with Inter striker facundo colidio for few days so perhaps they have come in for Nkiteh late after hearing he is available. But we’ve been trying to sign him for year or so now (so we’ve been told) so hopefully that will help us 🙏

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I suppose I might have to start doing some work? :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't have any clue where he'll go, but I don't know why everyone thinks he'll go to Leeds above us. Leeds are a better team, granted, but the boy is looking to go out somewhere on loan to develop and we're closer to London, we've got a great track record of developing young loan players, and he'll have more certainty of minutes here than he would at Leeds.

I think if we were front runners all summer, we're still front runners now regardless of other Championship clubs. Hopefully that's true!

Some on create a twitter account link him with West Brom and watch everyone shit their pants on here and the media start reporting it

5 minutes ago, pigeon said:

I don't have any clue where he'll go, but I don't know why everyone thinks he'll go to Leeds above us. Leeds are a better team, granted, but the boy is looking to go out somewhere on loan to develop and we're closer to London, we've got a great track record of developing young loan players, and he'll have more certainty of minutes here than he would at Leeds.

I think if we were front runners all summer, we're still front runners now regardless of other Championship clubs. Hopefully that's true!

I hope you are right.

The question in my mind is how much game time he would get, cant see Bamford making way for him unless he is off somewhere - lower end of the PL?

4 minutes ago, pigeon said:

Did you watch the game on Sunday?

If you were in his position would you chose to play...

a) for the manager whose tactic is lump it up to the big guy up front and hope for sloppy seconds

b) for the manager whose tactic is high press, pass & move

• Like 2

Just now, old_eastender said:

a) for the manager whose tactic is lump it up to the big guy up front and hope for sloppy seconds

We lumped it to a target man because we only have target men. If we had Nketiah we wouldn't lump it to a target man.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MartockRed said:

It’s a loan deal of a highly promising youth player not a permanent. It’s not about who’s the bigger fish or who’s has the best chance of winning the league. It’s about player development, and hopefully we’ve proved our worth over the last few seasons. If financials have already been agreed a while ago, then we got to keep the faith 🤞🏻

Exactly. If this was the case, it'd always be the same few clubs gobbling up all the good loans. And clubs in L1 and L2 wouldn't stand a chance. I'm hoping us spending months working towards this counts for something. Rather than the Johnny Come Latelies who've rocked up because they can't find anyone else. Getting good loans is partly down to good working relationships between certain clubs. We've got it with Chelsea. Hopefully, we can start it with Arsenal. 

Another point: if you were sending one of your brightest away, I'd want him to be at a club that was relatively stable, well run and well regarded. Leeds are never far away from a crisis, and whilst they have a new(ish) owner, I think it'll be a while before you could seriously say they were now a trouble-free club. 

Leeds being better than us may make little difference. 

Anyway, why are Leeds selling Roofe???

Edited by Fat Cigar

Just now, old_eastender said:

It more to do with minutes on the pitch then style of football,

if we say he’ll be a key player and Leeds say he’s cover he’ll come here

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Some on create a twitter account link him with West Brom and watch everyone shit their pants on here and the media start reporting it

Doesn't even need to be someone in our league. You could link him with Bristol Manor Farm and there'd be bedwetters on here treating it as gospel.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This isn't the time for overreactions but after months of hard work if we lose out to Leeds, who've just looked at him last minute on a whim, then it's a complete fuxking disaster. 

I hope we have a good plan B

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This isn't the time for overreactions but after months of hard work if we lose out to Leeds, who've just looked at him last minute on a whim, then it's a complete fuxking disaster. 

You're obligated to tell us stuff we dont know! 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1