Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Edge1981

Eddie Nketiah - Signed For Leeds Season Long Loan

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Sky Sports talking about Championship transfers. Leeds mentioned about possibly signing a Kent and Nketiah. Then it went to us about needing a striker. They never mentioned Nketiah at all....Worrying.

I'm guessing they didnt mention the Benfica lad or Nagy either?

Sky never know who we're about to sign. We do our business quietly. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Edited by RedEyez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ok let’s play a game to pass the day. What number post is going to be the first official news on where he’s going (ie club tweet or reputable news source confirming it officially). 

Currently at nearly 1,800 posts  

I’m going for something being announced one way or another late today, so I’m saying 2,150

I'll take 2,062

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Please explain?

I think what @Monkeh means is that you open your mouth, and everything that comes out of it smells like something you'd find in a field where Bulls frequent.

 

Probably.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

I'm guessing they didnt mention the Benfica lad or Nagy either?

Sky never know about who we're about to sign. We do our business quietly. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Nagy is all over Sky Sports at the moment. We are Signing him for 2.3 mil according to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No it isn’t it’s sky bias with the so called big clubs,

we are in the driving seat for the following reasons

we have a good track record at developing players

we have a growing reputation with regards to looking after loan players and doing what best for them and their development

we’ve gained the trust of one of the top clubs in England with repeated business (Chelsea)

we’ve actively chased him all summer (Leeds last minute) 

our location means it’s easier to get to us the. Leeds

I hope so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Yes really. Headless chicken with zero end product. Playing out of position as not good enough to stake a real claim to play up front. Never a winger and would rather see Eliasson or any other number of actual midfielders play and offer a real threat.

I think it has more to do with LJ's fixation with playing FD than Weimann's ability, or lack thereof.

Weimann is a cleverer footballer than FD. Unfortunately in the past he has also been much cleverer than most of his teammates, so the runs he makes aren't picked up, or are not picked up quickly enough. Players like Szmodics and Palmer could bring out the best in Weimann, but won;t do if he keeps being played out wide.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Nagy is all over Sky Sports at the moment. We are Signing him for 2.3 mil according to them. 

Only after it’s been reported in Italy, twitter, post, bbc, various national papers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I'm guessing they didnt mention the Benfica lad or Nagy either?

Sky never know who we're about to sign. We do our business quietly. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Sky had us down as signing Palmer on loan, so accuracy might not be their strong suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ok let’s play a game to pass the day. What number post is going to be the first official news on where he’s going (ie club tweet or reputable news source confirming it officially). 

Currently at nearly 1,800 posts  

I’m going for something being announced one way or another late today, so I’m saying 2,150

2,764

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No it isn’t it’s sky bias with the so called big clubs,

we are in the driving seat for the following reasons

we have a good track record at developing players

we have a growing reputation with regards to looking after loan players and doing what best for them and their development

we’ve gained the trust of one of the top clubs in England with repeated business (Chelsea)

we’ve actively chased him all summer (Leeds last minute) 

our location means it’s easier to get to us the. Leeds

I agree. Let's hope so...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Isawjonshaw said:

I hope so....

It isn’t about the size of the club these days for arsenal it will be about the football we want to play, the way the player will be looked after, the coaching he will receive

the minutes on the pitch, the fact Leeds have Bamford and another striker coming in will very much go in our favour

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

2,764

Coincidentally, that is also the Gas average home attendance.

  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It isn’t about the size of the club these days for arsenal it will be about the football we want to play, the way the player will be looked after, the coaching he will receive

the minutes on the pitch, the fact Leeds have Bamford and another striker coming in will very much go in our favour

 

You seem very confident this morning and I hope you are right to be so,  but this Leeds thing just wont go away and seems to be growing legs all the time. Whatever your views on Sky they don’t generally get things too far wrong once they commit (which admittedly they haven’t as yet but them even reporting it is a worry for me). 50/50 imho now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I agree. Let's hope so...

The fact they didn’t even mention our interest having been linked all summer in media tells its own story, they are simply not up with this link

The EFL podcast lads are decent enough and good on L1 and L2 (Oxford Fans ?) But can’t possibly keep abreast of everything going on in the EFL

We all struggled to keep up with just City rumours and news yesterday 

Chillllllllll

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CityCity said:

Few prem clubs now interested apparently but need to guarentee appearances

That could be a bigger problem than Leeds.

Be interesting to see who we go for if this falls through - there must be 'irons in the fire' but it does seem rather quiet on that front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the fudge are we expected to follow 3 transfer threads today and still get any kind of work done?

God forbid we start getting linked to a CB too 😂

 

In other news try posting JDS or Da Silva....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lenred said:

You seem very confident this morning and I hope you are right to be so,  but this Leeds thing just wont go away and seems to be growing legs all the time. Whatever your views on Sky they don’t generally get things too far wrong once they commit (which admittedly they haven’t as yet but them even reporting it is a worry for me). 50/50 imho now. 

The Leeds thing won’t go away because of the size of the club,

i don’t feel anymore confidant then I did yesterday, I’m just pointing out everything we have going forward for us and the reason the media is all over leedsLeeds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I think it has more to do with LJ's fixation with playing FD than Weimann's ability, or lack thereof.

Weimann is a cleverer footballer than FD. Unfortunately in the past he has also been much cleverer than most of his teammates, so the runs he makes aren't picked up, or are not picked up quickly enough. Players like Szmodics and Palmer could bring out the best in Weimann, but won;t do if he keeps being played out wide.

Spot on... either play Weimann as a central striker or keep him on the bench, he is a poor option for right flank. If this EN deal does not come off, then we may need to play him central up top with FD, unless Semenyo can come good for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ok let’s play a game to pass the day. What number post is going to be the first official news on where he’s going (ie club tweet or reputable news source confirming it officially). 

Currently at nearly 1,800 posts  

I’m going for something being announced one way or another late today, so I’m saying 2,150

Two thousand, six hundred and forty two.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nkietah has signed, Nagy has too and Pereira is close to - should be here today (all need to do medical still). There is no reason to panic at all.

We're still after a CB and potentially a striker depending on other moves in the market

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

That you think weinman is a headless chicken, probably the best attacking player with the best footballing mind at the club is a headless chicken, a player who is so useful he is constantly out of position is a headless chicken a player who has more top flight experience then anyone else in our team is a headless chicken......... 

I find it best not to engage in football related debate with him.

1 minute ago, STeveOELlis said:

Nkietah has signed, Nagy has too and Pereira is close to - should be here today (all need to do medical still). There is no reason to panic at all.

We're still after a CB and potentially a striker depending on other moves in the market

Medical post-signing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STeveOELlis said:

Nkietah has signed, Nagy has too and Pereira is close to - should be here today (all need to do medical still). There is no reason to panic at all.

We're still after a CB and potentially a striker depending on other moves in the market

I thought players signed after having the medical?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of years back Sky Sports used to be pretty good at getting things right, these days they are a joke, that Transfer Center they do is cringe worthy, one of the guys said the other week that Peter Whittingham would be one of the best fre agents to sign this window as he can score you 20 a season...........that was 10 years ago 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I find it best not to engage in football related debate with him.

Medical post-signing?

apologies, my wording should've been pending medical + various clearance

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

Nkietah has signed, Nagy has too and Pereira is close to - should be here today (all need to do medical still). There is no reason to panic at all.

We're still after a CB and potentially a striker depending on other moves in the market

Ok. I can’t be arsed to wade through all the other posts and as this is the most recent can I ask....are you just posting what other people have written on twitter or do you actually know this for a fact?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The Leeds thing won’t go away because of the size of the club,

i don’t feel anymore confidant then I did yesterday, I’m just pointing out everything we have going forward for us and the reason the media is all over leedsLeeds

I don’t think Sky would not report our interest and report Leeds’ interest simply because of the fact that they are a bigger club than us. We aren’t some tinpot club and we appear regularly on their shows.   But I very much hope you’re right of course! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ian M said:

How the fudge are we expected to follow 3 transfer threads today and still get any kind of work done?

God forbid we start getting linked to a CB too 😂

I picked an opportune week for some annual leave given the transfer madness this week! 

Perhaps I'll go to club shop or something later or Thursday, nice little wander- and report back any famous faces on here. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Haha yeah because we’ve played one game and he scored our only goal which means he’s the top scorer :laugh:

A job at Avon and Somerset Constabulary beckons....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lenred said:

I don’t think Sky would not report our interest and report Leeds’ interest simply because of the fact that they are a bigger club than us. We aren’t some tinpot club and we appear regularly on their shows.   But I very much hope you’re right of course! 

That’s exactly what sky would do, as it’s about clicks and views, Leeds will attract more then Bristol city it’s that simple

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ok. I can’t be arsed to wade through all the other posts and as this is the most recent can I ask....are you just posting what other people have written on twitter or do you actually know this for a fact?

I am 99% confident

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Monkeh said:

That’s exactly what sky would do, as it’s about clicks and views, Leeds will attract more then Bristol city it’s that simple

Well we’ll agree to disagree. Like I say I very much hope you are right! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I picked an opportune week for some annual leave given the transfer madness this week! 

Perhaps I'll go to club shop or something later or Thursday, nice little wander- and report back any famous faces on here. 🤣

I’m actually off today, is the coffee shop back yet? Fancy a coffee and a glance up to the roof 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

Nkietah has signed, Nagy has too and Pereira is close to - should be here today (all need to do medical still). There is no reason to panic at all.

We're still after a CB and potentially a striker depending on other moves in the market

If you're Mark Ashton - that's great news.

If your not - source? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lenred said:

Well we’ll agree to disagree. Like I say I very much hope you are right! 

Look at how long it takes sky to report anything on us,

granted it’s improving but to the we are still in the backwater of footballing,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This market hasn’t budged the last half day or so. You’d think people ITK would’ve been all over it on way or the other. The longer this remains inactive, the more I’m thinking he might not go anywhere and fight for his place at Arsenal. 

1BE53388-62A0-4BD6-8972-4FB5B8821686.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spudski said:

Good to see MA and LJ making relationships with such influencial Agents.

Hence recent signings.

Football, like life, is as much about who you know as what you know (just ask Wolves!).  Always has been, always will be.

So it's good to learn we've been networking, making friends and influencing people in the right places. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STeveOELlis said:

I am 99% confident

Ok, it sounded from your post that you were 100% certain as you said Nketiah ‘has’ signed. I didn’t know whether you got this information as a result of being genuinely ITK?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...