Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Edge1981

Eddie Nketiah - Signed For Leeds Season Long Loan

Kinda know how Villa fans must’ve felt when Jo Bryan jumped into his car at Villa Park and buggered off to Fulham. 

Kinda also a shame that we’re not playing Sunday’s game this Saturday. Would be the biggest rough house in years. Might even have got a result.

+ Wonder if Leeds upped their interest after Lee outed them publicly over their tactical injuries. 

Edited by Lord Northski
  • Like 1

Just now, Lord Northski said:

Kinda know how Villa fans must’ve felt when Jo Bryan jumped into his car at Villa Park and buggered off the Fulham. 

Kinda also a shame that we’re not playing Sunday’s game this Saturday. Would be the biggest rough house in years. Might even have got a result.

+ Wonder if Leeds upped their interest after Lee outed them publicly over their tactical injuries. 

No, don’t think so.

Roofe going to Belgium was the catalyst.

Lets see what tomorrow brings - at least we will know where we stand then.

8 minutes ago, Jasper Testimitanu said:

Agreed, this guy is a short term fix for us. What’s to say Semenyo given a run could add that ‘Nketiah’ factor, a gamble agreed but having Semenyo and the inevitable ‘number 9’ we will sign by COP tomorrow I think you have hope of the top 6 considering the quality of the overall squad is stronger.

Fans giving up the ghost after game one and a failed attempt at getting a loan need to have a sprinkle of realism. The aggregation of marginal gains across the squad will make us a stronger outfit. Let’s stay positive and enjoy the season.

I don’t think of all the misery but of all the beauty that still remains - Ann Frank

Agreed...we are signing players of a 'type'... that's why I think half the forwards rumoured that we are interested in are guff...unless we are upgrading 'clubs in bag' so to speak.

My gut thinks we will be releasing quite a few tomorrow as well.

Will we really go into the campaign with 30 plus players?

I'm all for blooding players...but if we are to challenge for Promotion I really can't see Semenyo or Moore being starters for us on a regular basis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

On the Leeds site very few of them actually want EN to sign, they'd prefer Ryan Kent and they believe that he is also the preferred choice of their manager. 

Haha, I've read Kent for £7m!!

Based on his time here...wouldn't pay £7,000.

Admittedly player at one club isn't always the best indicator of future career but bloody hell, £7m!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

45 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Sounds like he’s done a disappearing act 

Clinton Morrison was on five live earlier and said he texted him today and hadn’t had a reply 😀

Would you reply if Clinton Morrison texted you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With him not showing up today, (if you believe what has been written) how do you all feel if he signs???

anyone thinking he thinks he can do better than us type thing?

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yes, 🖕with that! 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Having heard him on the radio it's unlikely as I probably wouldn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

He’s not in my contacts so I wouldn’t know it was him. 

37 minutes ago, spudski said:

As for way of playing Dave...most definitely looking for quicker thinking and technical players imo. Those who understand tactics and ways of playing easily...like a Coach...and don't need weeks of education.

Players that move the ball quicker, think quicker, move quicker...not pass and admire...pass and keep moving over 90 mins.

That's how I've viewed our recent signings. 

I think LJ has realised half his present team can't do what he's asking.

Let’s hope it’s the right half!!

• Haha 1

If EN has decided he needs more time and not turned up for a medical, then for me that would be that. He's had more than enough time to think about this move.

Time to move on to our other targets. I'd be very surprised if we haven't got a striker we're all happy with by this time tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Well if he saw the lowlights of Sundays shower of sh1te then its a no brainer to wander ‘oop north’!!

He would have watched the game and I have absolutely no doubt that, based on that game and given the choice, he would choose to go to Leeds.

Who could blame him as we were shite ?

But the Arsenal staff should have put him right on the longer term prospects - whether he wants to listen to that or not is up to him.

I have to say that the game on Sunday could have done a lot of damage to the hard work put in up to that point in trying to get him here. He'd look at that game and think "no contest, I have to go to the team that plays football and creates chances" and that is Leeds.

But, as I say, their staff are advocating City, the manager and his mate at Leeds are pushing - be interesting to see who wins.

3 minutes ago, Pheasant plucker said:

If EN has decided he needs more time and not turned up for a medical, then for me that would be that. He's had more than enough time to think about this move.

Time to move on to our other targets. I'd be very surprised if we haven't got a striker we're all happy with by this time tomorrow.

I hope you are right.

I have a nagging doubt about ‘ all the eggs in one basket’ I so hope I am ridiculously wrong.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

He would have watched the game and I have absolutely no doubt that, based on that game and given the choice, he would choose to go to Leeds.

Who could blame him as we were shite ?

But the Arsenal staff should have put him right on the longer term prospects - whether he wants to listen to that or not is up to him.

I have to say that the game on Sunday could have done a lot of damage to the hard work put in up to that point in trying to get him here. He'd look at that game and think "no contest, I have to go to the team that plays football and creates chances" and that is Leeds.

But, as I say, their staff are advocating City, the manager and his mate at Leeds are pushing - be interesting to see who wins.

We were indeed shite. But from his prospective it has to be all about game time, he is not going to ‘invest’ in us Leeds or anyone else. His aim is to be with the first team at Arsenal next season. It’s a means to an end and currently he is learning his trade, it’s where he thinks  - and his agent thinks - he can best do that which is crucial.

Still think IF he comes, it’s a huge gamble by us, he is not a ‘proven’  number 9.

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

I hope you are right.

I have a nagging doubt about ‘ all the eggs in one basket’ I so hope I am ridiculously wrong.

I think (hope) its a question of timing.

The club have given enough time to Arsenal and Nketiah to make the decision and they haven't done so.

I truly think that they've now either knocked it on the head or will do so first thing tomorrow and move in on their secondary target(s) which should be lined up and agreed - whoever that may be as we surely need a proper striker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If Eddie somehow signs for us tomorrow then great.

If he doesn’t, an injury on his debut for whichever club he signs for which rules him out of the season would be fantastic!

I think thats the grown up way to view it...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If Eddie somehow signs for us tomorrow then great.

If he doesn’t, an injury on his debut for whichever club he signs for which rules him out of the season would be fantastic!

Oh, I really hope that wouldn't happen !:fingerscrossed:

If he's done a disappearing act, he can carry on doing it.

If we HAVE put all our eggs in this basket, then Ashton clearly isn't the negotiator that a lot of people have been creaming their pants over lately.

Hopefully we will get a proven goalscorer in tomorrow, but tbh I'm fully preparing myself for the usual Johnson "I'm happy to go with what I've got" bullshit.

Which means another season of Diedhiou isolated up front and Weimann stuck out on the wing.

****Ing fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1
  • Rovers 2

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And you and @petehinton can sack off your sources that said it was done 😂

The fact is it was all but done. However in true Bristol City fashion we managed to snatch the defeat from the jaws of victory 

This was pretty much done and dusted up until 24 hours ago , you can't deny that 

21 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

They have quality players already, whereas we don’t, not to their level anyway

Do they though ?

We will smash em when the season starts

36 minutes ago, miloemily said:

With him not showing up today, (if you believe what has been written) how do you all feel if he signs???

anyone thinking he thinks he can do better than us type thing?

Yes, 🖕with that! 😂

If it was a case of him just not showing up , we can't have him here. If his head is turned so easily there is no way he will be able to buy into the club in the way...say, Tammy Abraham did 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

If it was a case of him just not showing up , we can't have him here. If his head is turned so easily there is no way he will be able to buy into the club in the way...say, Tammy Abraham did 

Didn’t you say it was a done deal earlier? Think you need a new source

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Didn’t you say it was a done deal earlier? Think you need a new source.

Trust me...this player was coming here. Leeds hijacked it at the last minute. He was expected down for a medical and to be announced today 

We've been made to look like absolute mugs by the little shit house 

Even if he changed his mind....we don't want him here 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Trust me...this player was coming here. Leeds hijacked it at the last minute. He was expected down for a medical and to be announced today 

So it wasn’t done....!

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So it wasn’t done....!

Obviously not. As I said..they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 

Only Lee Johnson's Bristol City eh.

• Aubergine 2

Has anybody here seen my old friend (Tammy) Abraham,
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He scored a lotta goals, but it seems the good go  young
But I just looked around and he's gone.

Has anybody here seen my old friend John (Atyeo),
He scored  a lotta goals, but it seems the good die young

Has anybody here seen my old friend Bobby (Reid)
He scored a lotta goals, but it seems the good go  young

With apologies to Marvin Gaye

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So it wasn’t done....!

On another note....how embarrassing for Johnson and the club 

Imagine putting all your eggs in one basket and spending all summer bumming Arsenal and this little shit....only for him to not even have the courtesy of turning up for a medical 

• Like 2
  • Aubergine 7
  • Rovers 1
  • Snake 1

15 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Let’s hope the little shit does his ACL first game 😬

• Aubergine 2

Just now, Andy082005 said:

Imagine putting all your eggs in one basket and spending all summer bumming Arsenal and this little shit....only for him to not even have the courtesy of turning up for a medical 

Why the hate towards Johnson you clown. You’ve already shown yourself up enough today, I’d suggest you go to bed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Aubergine 1

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Maybe he heard it was to be done at BRI and his chances of ever emerging , to play any football in the future would be in the balance 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, James54De said:

Why the hate towards Johnson you clown. You’ve already shown yourself up enough today, I’d suggest you go to bed. 

:laugh: where's the hate you muppet? Just saying how embarrassing it must be 

Stop being such a baby 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

:laugh: where's the hate you muppet? Just saying how embarrassing it must be 

Stop being such a baby 

How red your face must be after today’s events. A lot of people just don’t know when to shut the **** up. 

Just now, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Would he nice to know what’s gone on here as clearly someone has been influenced. Should we be hoping the players has a shocker/gets injured or that arsenal get relegated?

I am hoping that Leeds get relegated personally.

• Like 2

Just now, James54De said:

How red your face must be after today’s events. A lot of people just don’t know when to shut the **** up. 

Genuine question...why is my face red?

bad form to wish injury on players, I would rather wish he doesn't have the impact that Leeds expect and he's a flop (and we can console ourselves with the fact we are due an Elland Road implosion, there hasn't been one for a while)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thats not fair. He wanted to come here at the end of January but Emery wouldn't let him. 

So we missed out on both Reid and Nketiah in January - that’s unfortunate...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Well if that happens then we are definitely down judging by the gulf between us on Sunday. Still can’t get over how much better they were than us

They are a better team than us. But our appalling selection and tactics on Sunday made the gulf look considerably bigger than it actually is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2