Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Edge1981

Eddie Nketiah - Signed For Leeds Season Long Loan

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The irony of that coming from someone who thinks a lone striker has to have the build of Akinfenwa because to them every lone striker is a target man.

You're still completely missing the point of my original post. I've heard arsenal do not want to send him here to play as a lone striker regardless of what ilk you see that as. 

Edited by The hand of RO'D
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They’d pretty much only be interested in the style of football we play. Since when has arsenal played with two up top. It’s absolutely ridiculous to think they’d dictate what system we’d play. Looking at the players we’ve signed it’ll be 4231 433 variation, so it’ll be doubtful he’d  be playing 2 up top and it’s not a simple as that anyway . He’s come through the arsenal academy so will he used to playing in a fluid formation. 🙄

silly season doesn’t cover this 😂 

Arsenal actually played most of the season with 2 up top. Aubameyang and Lacazette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

You're still completely missing the point of my original post. I've heard arsenal do not want to send him here to play as a lone striker regardless of what ilk you see that as. 

Right, so because you asked about if another person had heard what you did, that justifies your attempted belittling of others "finally someone with a braincell" and (incorrect) patronising comments about lone strikers?

I didn't miss your point either, I was responding to you asking what benefit there was to Nketiah if he was played on his own up front- so again you're being dishonest.

 

Go to sleep and try again in the morning.

  • Aubergine 2
  • Rovers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Right, so because you asked about if another person had heard what you did, that justifies your attempted belittling of others "finally someone with a braincell" and (incorrect) patronising comments about lone strikers?

I didn't miss your point either, I was responding to you asking what benefit there was to Nketiah if he was played on his own up front- so again you're being dishonest.

 

Go to sleep and try again in the morning.

Sorry James, perhaps I was on the defensive from the off and didn't need to be. I apologise for my patronising and belittling comments, there was no need for them. 

I posted on here in good faith and wanted to see if @Kid in the Riot had heard similar to what I have. I didn't post saying that's what was happening, I posted to see if they had any further information on it. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure, like we did with Tammy, we would have to put a presentation to Arsenal about how we would use Nketiah and why we’d be the right option for his development.

Arsenal would know how we play and that we’re likely to be a 4222, 4231 sort of team for most games. We’d have told them where we see Nketiah featuring.

Obviously, plans may change as the season goes on, but we’ll have gone to Arsenal with a plan and we’ll see what happens from there. Given the strength of the rumours, I’d say Arsenal are happy with our intentions and he’ll be on board when both clubs get back from the USA.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Pretty sure, like we did with Tammy, we would have to put a presentation to Arsenal about how we would use Nketiah and why we’d be the right option for his development.

Arsenal would know how we play and that we’re likely to be a 4222, 4231 sort of team for most games. We’d have told them where we see Nketiah featuring.

Obviously, plans may change as the season goes on, but we’ll have gone to Arsenal with a plan and we’ll see what happens from there. Given the strength of the rumours, I’d say Arsenal are happy with our intentions and he’ll be on board when both clubs get back from the USA.

Agree with all of that apart from final sentence....and it’s not that I don’t think it will happen, just that I’ve no idea whether this is paper talk or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree with all of that apart from final sentence....and it’s not that I don’t think it will happen, just that I’ve no idea whether this is paper talk or not.

Oh ye of little faith!

😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Oh ye of little faith!

😁

I know.  There have been so many media stories, but they a;l say the same thing, suggesting one person’s view....and that makes me question it’s likelihood.

On the flip side if it does happen, I’m starting to reminisce about Andy Cole.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Pretty sure, like we did with Tammy, we would have to put a presentation to Arsenal about how we would use Nketiah and why we’d be the right option for his development.

Arsenal would know how we play and that we’re likely to be a 4222, 4231 sort of team for most games. We’d have told them where we see Nketiah featuring.

Obviously, plans may change as the season goes on, but we’ll have gone to Arsenal with a plan and we’ll see what happens from there. Given the strength of the rumours, I’d say Arsenal are happy with our intentions and he’ll be on board when both clubs get back from the USA.

Yep, spot on. They're not going to just loan him to anyone. We would have to convince them and then Nketiah himself that this is the place that is best for his development. That would involve telling them what position he will mainly be played. Of course we could just lie and do something completely different, but then don't expect they'd want to loan us a player again any time soon.

As for system, I think we might change it a fair bit. But I expect to see 352 a fair bit this season. i think it suits the likes of Dasilva and Hunt as wing backs, and with Webster having even more freedom to go on his runs. Szmodics behind Weimann and Fam looked really good the other night, but with Nketiah instead of Weimann, that would be some forward line.

Also Eliasson can play the attacking midfielder in a 352, and would be great to see him roam to either wing and get balls into Fam and Nketiah. Having 2 up top will surely mean more success from Eliasson's balls in. Exciting season ahead if we can just get this kid and one or two other key players in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've learnt from the Tammy experience and factored driving lessons into the presentation we gave Arsenal. Hopefully, that'll be the deal clincher!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Arsenal actually played most of the season with 2 up top. Aubameyang and Lacazette

Not always

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No they played 4231 mainly  

They played 70% of arsenal's games together scoring a total of 48 between them. I'd say they played 2 up top for the majority. Stats are readily available if you wanted to check. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep, spot on. They're not going to just loan him to anyone. We would have to convince them and then Nketiah himself that this is the place that is best for his development. That would involve telling them what position he will mainly be played. Of course we could just lie and do something completely different, but then don't expect they'd want to loan us a player again any time soon.

As for system, I think we might change it a fair bit. But I expect to see 352 a fair bit this season. i think it suits the likes of Dasilva and Hunt as wing backs, and with Webster having even more freedom to go on his runs. Szmodics behind Weimann and Fam looked really good the other night, but with Nketiah instead of Weimann, that would be some forward line.

Also Eliasson can play the attacking midfielder in a 352, and would be great to see him roam to either wing and get balls into Fam and Nketiah. Having 2 up top will surely mean more success from Eliasson's balls in. Exciting season ahead if we can just get this kid and one or two other key players in.

Would be a bit ironic if we went back to 5212, which didn’t work under Cotts.  Sheffield Utd did it very effectively last season.  Think if LJ does play wing-backs regularly, it needs to be a bit flexible, e.g. 532 at times, 5311 at others.  I do think the squad looks a bit more flexible for this tactic and 4231 also, but much as I'd like 2 up top, I'm not sure at this point in the window whether we saw good old 442 though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

They played 70% of arsenal's games together scoring a total of 48 between them. I'd say they played 2 up top for the majority. Stats are readily available if you wanted to check. 

No they didn’t play up top together. It was a 4231 with aubameyang (spelling) played wide of a three behind lacazzete . Just because they were on the same pitch together doesn’t mean they played up top together. 

Just to edit. Formation was changed at times with both up top but my point below still stands

Getting back to your original post . Like with Tammy we would make a presentation to arsenal , the player and his parents to promote the club. Arsenal would never tell us what system to play , the suggestion is ludicrous . 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope that we have a few irons in the fire and we are not going to wait for this lad  until the end of the window and then not get him. And be left with a lack of options. We must get a goal scoring striker in to support the work already done.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know if this has been mentioned in the rest of the thread... but my Arsenal/City supporting brother in law was interested to hear that we were linked with this guy. He rates him highly from what he’s seen of him. 

He then went away and looked into it and says that a couple of Arsenal podcasts, on YouTube, including the official Arsenal one, say that Arsenal would like him out on loan at Bristol City (specifically) if he’s not kept for 1st team contention. 

Ive not seen the podcasts myself- just passing on what I’ve been told. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned in the rest of the thread... but my Arsenal/City supporting brother in law was interested to hear that we were linked with this guy. He rates him highly from what he’s seen of him. 

Cant remember anyone mentioning this BBS3! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Cant remember anyone mentioning this BBS3! ;)

Like I said, may well (obviously has) been talked about before. 

Can’t be arsed to read through every post on 8 pages about a player that we haven’t signed yet. 

 

Anyway, apparently Harry & Meghan have just had their baby 🍼 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Like I said, may well (obviously has) been talked about before. 

Can’t be arsed to read through every post on 8 pages about a player that we haven’t signed yet. 

 

Anyway, apparently Harry & Meghan have just had their baby 🍼 

No, I meant that nobody has mentioned that your brother- ... oh, never mind!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Like I said, may well (obviously has) been talked about before. 

Can’t be arsed to read through every post on 8 pages about a player that we haven’t signed yet. 

 

Anyway, apparently Harry & Meghan have just had their baby 🍼 

How’s Meghan doing @The dastardly red ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bloody hell

Dont disturb @The dastardly red , She is likely to be trying to get the newborn to sleep as we speak

Nah she gets Sue Pollard to do that for her...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/07/2019 at 22:07, The hand of RO'D said:

They played 70% of arsenal's games together scoring a total of 48 between them. I'd say they played 2 up top for the majority. Stats are readily available if you wanted to check. 

I’m no Arsenal fan so have no idea what formations they play but whenever I seen them on the TV last season Aubameyang was playing out wide the majority of the time, which at the time thought it was strange for someone who’s a Natural goalscorer, that said he still was high up on the scoring charts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Just scored the winner in a friendly against Bayern Munich 

At 6.30am?!!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Not tonight. She`s out for a meal with Frank Skinner.

 

44 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Just scored the winner in a friendly against Bayern Munich 

 

6 minutes ago, Judda said:

At 6.30am?!!?

Trying to follow this , I think he means Frank Skinner got the winner against Bayern  Judda 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Just scored the winner in a friendly against Bayern Munich 

From a yard out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

 

 

Trying to follow this , I think he means Frank Skinner got the winner against Bayern  Judda 

Unusual name for a football team - Bayern Judda.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Our responsibility in this club - for the history, present and future - is to give young players a chance," Emery said.

"If they deserve minutes, they'll get minutes. I'm very happy with them." 

Not looking good for a loan move then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

"Our responsibility in this club - for the history, present and future - is to give young players a chance," Emery said.

"If they deserve minutes, they'll get minutes. I'm very happy with them." 

Not looking good for a loan move then

Not so sure - just read that Emery is confident of 4 big money signings coming in one of which is a striker - guess we need to wait and see but clearly the clock is now ticking rather rapidly on this 'window'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

"Our responsibility in this club - for the history, present and future - is to give young players a chance," Emery said.

"If they deserve minutes, they'll get minutes. I'm very happy with them." 

Not looking good for a loan move then

Very confident this will happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Unusual name for a football team - Bayern Judda.

Especially if you are based in Bedminster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Not so sure - just read that Emery is confident of 4 big money signings coming in one of which is a striker - guess we need to wait and see but clearly the clock is now ticking rather rapidly on this 'window'.

Really? That's probably the only position they don't need to strengthen. Ljungberg and Edu have been brought in to help the kids progress into the first team.

I'd be surprised if they bought a striker - if they don't, I can't see them loaning out Nketiah. He's their 3rd choice striker now that Welbeck has left, he's scoring goals in preseason and they are in the Europa League.

Nketiah will stay and John-Jules will go out on loan imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Keith Welch said:

Really? That's probably the only position they don't need to strengthen. Ljungberg and Edu have been brought in to help the kids progress into the first team.

I'd be surprised if they bought a striker - if they don't, I can't see them loaning out Nketiah. He's their 3rd choice striker now that Welbeck has left, he's scoring goals in preseason and they are in the Europa League.

Nketiah will stay and John-Jules will go out on loan imo.

John Jules is a year behind Nketiah. So you could assume TJJ stays behind to supplement the first team while Nketiah gets a loan to come back stronger. Then next year TJJ gets a loan while they a better option in Nketiah. All guess work however. Think that Brazilian young player they bought is playing centrally too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Looks like Arsenal may be close to signing Everton Soares, which could be good news for us 

Yep means they have a plethora of attackers. Lacazette and Aubemayang the more central ones. Still have Mkhitarian and Iwobi plus Soares. They also bought they young Brazilian forward as well. Nketiah could find minutes in there in cups and Europa League but would they be enough? Might have to be a January one which imo would not be terrible either. As long as we are top of the list!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...