IGNORED

England Vs Argentina match thread

myol'man

4 hours ago, Xspence said:

Like the Corrs.... 

A mate of mine was in a nightclub on football tour and went up to this girl and said she reminded him of one of the Corrs, she replied which one....to which he retorted - Jim the guitar player! ?

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

This goalkeeper is definitely answering those who say that all female keepers are useless!

She was the exception that proves the rule.

Couldn't reply sooner as I was at the hospital, but saw the game on their TV.

OK; great penalty save by their 'keeper. However in ths subsequent scramble for the ball, one of our forwards was pushed over. Why no second pen?

In the 38th minute Comini was booked. Her offence was, after the ball had passed, the grab the England winger and throw her to the ground. I though that was going to be a straight red.

The Chilean keeper makes a save that a male keeper would consider "run of the mill" and basic,  BBC Media big it up as if its save of the century.  Sorry but its ridiculous, if THERE is one position that is comparable between the two genders, its goalkeeper, as its about athleticism, reactions and acrobatics (amongst other attributes).  So  this campaign to convince us that women goalkeepers are really quite good, you kmow?.......... just doesn't work, as the standard throughout the WWC is average at best.  There is some excellent technical football being played by outfielders, but the womens game needs to unearth some quality keepers urgently, for me to take it more seriously.  IMHO.

On 14/06/2019 at 22:28, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

MoM given to Jill Scott but Beth Mead or Fran Kirby would have been my choice. 

Old habits die hard! Do they announce it as Player or Woman of the Match? 

Both games have had some decent passages of play - but I did expect us to bag a few more against Argentina. Really enjoying the tournament so far though. 

Archived