IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly - Interview

Davefevs

8 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Thanks Dave. Lloyd seems to be a really good guy. I had no idea of his family situation but it must have been tough for him growing up and makes me very pleased that he can look forward to a very bright future which he deserves on so many levels.

I didn’t either.

Interesting that they mention Herbie Kane & Jacob Maddox who both left city for the bright lights of Liverpool & Chelsea, but last season were on loan to Doncaster and Cheltenham, maybe they are not the quality of Lloyd or are later developers, but goes to show rushing off may not be the best move to get up the ladder

I was told about Lloyd's upbringing about a year ago by a scout from another club but who is a lifelong City fan.

I understand that it may have been a major reason why he did not leave City as a sixteen year old like Kane and Maddox.

It strIke's me that the mid teenage move to a top six club, may not be the best move in a youngsters career. The coaching elsewhere may be better, but nothing, IMO, beats playing league games whether that is in Championship or League Two while only eighteen/ nineteen.

18 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Thanks Dave. Lloyd seems to be a really good guy. I had no idea of his family situation but it must have been tough for him growing up and makes me very pleased that he can look forward to a very bright future which he deserves on so many levels.

Obviously we don’t know the reasons why is was placed into Foster Care but I think what has helped him was the fact he was able to be placed with this brother and sister, I think this is hugely important. Sounds like he had some great carers who were able to take all three and the understanding of his school probably, as well as our club.

12 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I was told about Lloyd's upbringing about a year ago by a scout from another club but who is a lifelong City fan.

I understand that it may have been a major reason why he did not leave City as a sixteen year old like Kane and Maddox.

It strIke's me that the mid teenage move to a top six club, may not be the best move in a youngsters career. The coaching elsewhere may be better, but nothing, IMO, beats playing league games whether that is in Championship or League Two while only eighteen/ nineteen.

Out of interest was Lloyd of interest to the big clubs at that stage?  I don’t recall hearing much about him until Cotts started bringing him to our attention?

Archived