IGNORED

Best City related newspaper front page headlines?

WhistleHappy

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Stuff the premier league, Division 1 was the top division and we were on our way .

F347F76B-75FF-41C0-A2B9-086FCCC2B938.jpeg

I'm in that crowd somewhere - in the enclosure right in front of the Directors Box - that moment when AD grasped the Mic and started his speech with " Now we're in the FIRST DIVISION......"

Unbelievable night...

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Not City related - sorry - but hat's off to the sub editor who .....following Celtic's cup defeat to the then little known Inverness Caledonian Thistle (nicknamed Cally) penned the headline

SuperCallyGoBallisticCelticAreAtrocious

Sadly, it wasn't an on-the-fly sub creation. The 'headline' (or varients) had been doing the rounds for years, they simply had to wait for the right result such they could use it.

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I had one pinned to my office wall for ages which went something like `Rovers hammered by rampant Wigan after having two sent off`. 

I used to keep a newspaper clipping of Rovers defeats on my wall. 

It soon got out of hand. 

6F56515D-9D8E-4565-8089-30D4409B57FE.jpeg

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

EEB61862-1879-4B6A-A27C-0A7155CC18B7.jpeg

“Bristol had enough chances in the second half to have won but failed to take advantage of them”. Nothing has changed in over 100 years 

42 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

“Bristol had enough chances in the second half to have won but failed to take advantage of them”. Nothing has changed in over 100 years 

LJ made his subs too late. How has he stayed in the job for 100 years? 

6 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

There was 1 headline by tommy docherty the ex man utd manager when city played someone in the anglo scottish cup.

The butchers of bristol he called us!

I thought we were given that headline after having three sent off in a midweek night game at Palace back in the late ‘70’s/early ‘80’s

My girlfriend's dad went and bought every national newspaper from after we beat Man U for my Christmas present, I should go and find them since there must be some cracking photos that haven't been seen since.

Cheeky bugger put the Daily Mail front page on the top so it would be the first thing I would see when I opened it!

Archived