IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

Taken from Daily Mirror football. This would be a kick in the nuts 

Premier League clubs eyeing Bristol City's Webster

Adam Webster will be at the centre of a transfer tug-of-war this summer.

Bristol City’s defender has only been at Ashton Gate for one season following a £3.5m move from Ipswich Town.

But a number of clubs who themselves have suitors eyeing their own stoppers will turn to 24-year-old Webster if they are caught short.

Wolves have been linked with James Tarkowski, leaving a space to fill at Turf Moor and Burnley are showing a keen interest.

But they are not alone. Newcastle, Southampton and Watford are also monitoring the situation.

The Robins have already banked £13m from the sale of Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth this season and appear to have a fight on their hands to keep hold of another one of Lee Johnson’s main men.

Cant keep getting  rid of your best players each year, understand the ££££ wages ect of a prem move but that's down to LJ and the board to attract better players so our good players can hopefully realise there prem dream with us.  What was it lj said, we will be bold with recruitment,  prem ready players ect.  

I think we are signing Kalas anyway, so I guess 20 million for Webster and spend 5 million of it on Ajayi, possibly less. It's not what I want, but it's probably an option.

49 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Taken from Daily Mirror football. This would be a kick in the nuts 

Premier League clubs eyeing Bristol City's Webster

Adam Webster will be at the centre of a transfer tug-of-war this summer.

Bristol City’s defender has only been at Ashton Gate for one season following a £3.5m move from Ipswich Town.

But a number of clubs who themselves have suitors eyeing their own stoppers will turn to 24-year-old Webster if they are caught short.

Wolves have been linked with James Tarkowski, leaving a space to fill at Turf Moor and Burnley are showing a keen interest.

But they are not alone. Newcastle, Southampton and Watford are also monitoring the situation.

The Robins have already banked £13m from the sale of Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth this season and appear to have a fight on their hands to keep hold of another one of Lee Johnson’s main men.

Nothing more than paper talk

I guess these sports journalists have very little to write about so over the summer so over a liquid lunch, troll thru the various PotY winners and put two and two together and make five.....

Its a load of made up bollocks.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I guess these sports journalists have very little to write about so over the summer so a liquid lunch, troll thru the various PotY winners and put two and two together and make five.....

Ah ok didn’t realise that . Close thread 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a very predictable and transparent story RA.

I guess the question is should it be discussed?even if its predictable and transparent it does give something for us to write about. 

Much like the journalists we haven't exactly got much to write about, you can clearly see the mental state of some members decline as they get involved in ever more pun offs. 

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We’re signing Kalas? What do you know?

Just that he bought a house in Bristol. Might not mean he's signed but seems likely 

55 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Unfortunately what LJ says and what happens is often different. But we cannot sell Webster.

I hate to think that, but if we don't sign Kalas with keeping Webster, or god forbid don't sign Kalas and get rid of Webster then what's the point of it all :sad26:

oh, and will the last person that leaves Ashton Gate please turn the frigging lights off.

2 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I hate to think that, but if we don't sign Kalas with keeping Webster, or god forbid don't sign Kalas and get rid of Webster then what's the point of it all :sad26:

oh, and will the last person that leaves Ashton Gate please turn the frigging lights off.

Everyone has a price. I believe we will sign Kalas and then just need one more quality centre back if we sold Webster. Tamori would be amazing signing. Or Ajayi would be amazing too. Or the Arsenal guy that was on loan at Charlton. Or even Trevoh Chalobah on loan who is naturally a centre back. They're all off the top of my head, bet there's more out there too.

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I guess these sports journalists have very little to write about so over the summer so over a liquid lunch, troll thru the various PotY winners and put two and two together and make five.....

So you don't think the anyones looking? Seriously?
Many on here have had our CB pairing up with the best in the division, Websters a footballing CB , that fits with the way many teams play now and age and experience are good. Add the fact his wages aren't massive, his fee wouldn't be either (in Prem terms),  and he could well improve. I'd be amazed if he wasn't on teams radars, it would be rank bad scouting if he wasn't.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good knowledge! How do you know this? Not doubting you, just interested to know how you have knowledge of the intimate details of Kalas’ life ..

Someone said on here

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I do know yes. No problem

So you said you know he’s bought a house in Bristol because ‘someone said on here’ - but now you say you ‘do know’ - which is it?

So, again, how do you know he’s bought a house in Bristol? It’s a reasonable question to be asked on a Transfer Forum ...

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

So you don't think the anyones looking? Seriously?
Many on here have had our CB pairing up with the best in the division, Websters a footballing CB , that fits with the way many teams play now and age and experience are good. Add the fact his wages aren't massive, his fee wouldn't be either (in Prem terms),  and he could well improve. I'd be amazed if he wasn't on teams radars, it would be rank bad scouting if he wasn't.

Of course ‘bigger’ clubs are looking at Webdini, just as they’re looking at every other youngish and decent defenders but it’s not something that we as fans weren’t aware of....then a Redtop with a dodgy reputation comes up with a 2=2=5 

Let’s not forget that these sports journalists are simply trying to fill the sports columns and sell newspapers.

Archived