IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Anyway, back to Webenbauer.

I've been interviewing in the Midlands today for a new engineer. During the practical assessment, I like to have a chat where you find out about the bloke applying as they're generally relaxed when we get the tool kit out.

ME: Football man? (always an easy ice breaker)

Candidate: Yeah mate, big Villa fan. Who do you support?

ME: Bristol City.

Candidate: Your Manager hates us.

ME: Our Manager hates everybody apart from us.

Candidate: We're signing a bloke from you called Webster.

ME: I doubt it, the figure quoted is about half of his worth.

Candidate: We'll get him for £12M, you can't stop him joining a properly big club!

ME: :angry:

Fair to say, said Villan didn't get the job! ? ?

I’d hazard a guess that he was aware of the decision before his head was removed from his arse, seeing how all Villa fans seem to wonder around with their heads stuck up there with their mightier than though opinion of their shambles of a club?!?

38 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've been interviewing in the Midlands today for a new engineer. During the practical assessment, I like to have a chat where you find out about the bloke applying as they're generally relaxed when we get the tool kit out.

Candidate: We'll get him for £12M, you can't stop him joining a properly big club!

Fair to say, said Villain didn't get the job! ? ?

I trust he must have realized it wasn't going well...........you DON'T argue with a prospective boss especially about football !

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I trust he must have realized it wasn't going well...........you DON'T argue with a prospective boss especially about football !

He would probably have realised his fate when I gave him the wrong barrier code to get out of the car park slarti. ?

Cocky sod! 

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Fair to say, said Villain didn't get the job! ? ?

They are bigger than us though. 

32 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

And “our” valuation is?

Due to last seasons performances, his age the fact he was the best defender in the championship, Ipswich’s sell on clauses,

it would take a club record bid (more the Kelly’s after the add ons have been accounted for)

going on transfer fees we’ve been taking in and Ashton’s ability to get the best deal,

im thinking 20 million plus

20 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

We cannot let Webster go for any sum of money.

I know we are a club that relies on selling our best players, but this would be absolutely suicidal. He's so vital to our hopes next season.

As was Reid flint and Bryan this season

8 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

LJ on sky sports confirmed premier league clubs are interested in Webster but also said we don’t need to sell anyone and would like to build the side around him.

That's how it starts...

13 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

We cannot let Webster go for any sum of money.

I know we are a club that relies on selling our best players, but this would be absolutely suicidal. He's so vital to our hopes next season.

And what if a PL club does come in for him and he wants to leave?

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Since the ‘proper’ Webster thread has been hijacked by bickering I thought there may be posters like me who are clicking links to try and hear news/gossip about Webster rather than pages of bickering and name calling. 

SO. LJ has said the £12M valuation is ridiculous and we do not HAVE to sell anyone. 

Does that mean

a) We aren’t selling Webster so **** off or

b) Yeah, we’re selling but you’ll have to do a lot better than that?

While I would like it to be 'A' SR, I fear it's more likely 'B'. We'll do everything we can to hold on to him but....

Every player has his price etc etc. :(

6 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Since the ‘proper’ Webster thread has been hijacked by bickering I thought there may be posters like me who are clicking links to try and hear news/gossip about Webster rather than pages of bickering and name calling. 

SO. LJ has said the £12M valuation is ridiculous and we do not HAVE to sell anyone. 

Does that mean

a) We aren’t selling Webster so **** off or

b) Yeah, we’re selling but you’ll have to do a lot better than that?

I've long said I think it very unlikely Webster will be sold. Would take nigh on £20m IMO.

I really don’t think the stuff in the media has much basis.  Should we have really had an official enquiry of £12m (which I doubt actually happened), MA would’ve told them in no uncertain terms to go away.  Webster’s agent will know the kind of figure we would start talking at....and I suspect that if his agent has touted that back to “interested” clubs, they’ll have gone, “tell you what we’ll look at Clarke or elsewhere”.

happy to eat my hat on this (although it is made out of rice paper”), but I don’t think LJ was saying what he did to frighten potential suitors off, it was being said from a position of strength and confidence that Webster will not be going anywhere, because they’ve valued him out of the reach of those clubs likely to be interested, or those that could spend £20+, either a) won’t want to spend that on a Prem-unknown b) will see value elsewhere c) won’t want to use that slug of their budget on him.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I really don’t think the stuff in the media has much basis.  Should we have really had an official enquiry of £12m (which I doubt actually happened), MA would’ve told them in no uncertain terms to go away.  Webster’s agent will know the kind of figure we would start talking at....and I suspect that if his agent has touted that back to “interested” clubs, they’ll have gone, “tell you what we’ll look at Clarke or elsewhere”.

happy to eat my hat on this (although it is made out of rice paper”), but I don’t think LJ was saying what he did to frighten potential suitors off, it was being said from a position of strength and confidence that Webster will not be going anywhere, because they’ve valued him out of the reach of those clubs likely to be interested, or those that could spend £20+, either a) won’t want to spend that on a Prem-unknown b) will see value elsewhere c) won’t want to use that slug of their budget on him.

Fully agreed, except I don't have a rice paper hat.

We're never really a club who won't sell a player we'll always sell if our valuation is matched, and we'll just have a very high valuation where we think a club is paying over the odds to get him and we come off very well.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just to play devils advocate - we said the similar with Kodjia and we wouldn’t sell to a championship rival...

I can’t see his head being turned this summer, depending on how our season is looking maybe in Jan or next window if we fail to get promotion  it will but right now I think he will want to build on last year.

Archived