IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, One Team said:

£10m+ is decent money for a Championship defender.

£20m+ is stupid money.

Talk of £30m or even £40m is madness and not only can we not turn that down we shouldn’t turn it down. 

Yes he is a brilliant player but that sort of money is amazing. 

It's a market, there is no objective measure of a player's value.

If you are in a strong negotiating position and a club wants a player badly you get the maximum you can. 

Fortunately, Ashton seems to be the Daniel Levy of the Championship and won't cave in as some fans would appear to want to.

31 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

can u hold a player back if a premier club comes in for him. not so sure that is the right thing to do. get as much as u can for the player i understand that. 30million i think is to much. great if we can get that. but 20 million is a bit more like the value in my opinion. time will tell. 

I think you can if you’re serious about a promotion bid and the Premiership team bidding are likely relegation candidates.

If it was, say, Leicester or Everton bidding, then I don’t think we could hold him back.

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I think you can if you’re serious about a promotion bid and the Premiership team bidding are likely relegation candidates.

If it was, say, Leicester or Everton bidding, then I don’t think we could hold him back.

Surely, it doesn't matter who is prepared to give you stupid money? You take it, say 'thanks', go outside and run away, laughing! Hate Villa but their money is every bit as good as Leicester's.

If Webster were to stay with us and, God forbid, suffer serious injury in the first match of the season, we'd all be wishing that we'd cut and run. We just can't turn down this sort of money.

17 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It's a market, there is no objective measure of a player's value.

If you are in a strong negotiating position and a club wants a player badly you get the maximum you can. 

Fortunately, Ashton seems to be the Daniel Levy of the Championship and won't cave in as some fans would appear to want to.

Good points.

I think we could also see a bidding war with interest in Webster increasing.

Wouldn’t it be lovely if just once in a while a player came out and publicly said 

«  I’m flattered by all this talk of Premier League interest but I am happy where I am and will be here for the forthcoming season. 

Thanks to the club and the coaching staff for helping my career «  

31 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

I hope Maguire stays at Leicester otherwise I will be worried...or more worried than I am now that is ...

Rumours are Maguire to Man City, Dunk to Leicester. Brighton already signed Clarke to replace Dunk

44 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

I reckon he will sign a new contract and stay

24 minutes ago, Super said:

He is a goner just get the best deal we can

Consensus on OTIB again!

As the guy has been injury prone in the past.. and we pretty much got a whole season out of him I would be inclined to let him go.

The bloke is the best defender of his type I have seen here since collier.

For us and him I would let him have his crack at the big time. He could break down and never play again. He deserves his chance and we need to continue to grow and attract such players knowing we give them the chance to move on.

Until the owner or a new owner runs us with a different business model that is the way it has to be.

Sell/ reinvest make some profit along the way.

Stop........ Carry on

I’m hoping Vile-er pay what I want and Webster haggles 60k a week  it contributes to them failing FFP when they get relegated this coming season. 

Webster and City  also secretly agreed a deal to bring him back once they are screwed for. £1.

i really hate them and their bell end fans 

41 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Wouldn’t it be lovely if just once in a while a player came out and publicly said 

«  I’m flattered by all this talk of Premier League interest but I am happy where I am and will be here for the forthcoming season

Good point Major, Webster may not want to go, so even if Vile came in with a 25m/30m offer, I take it you can't force Webster to move? or can you?

43 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

«  I’m flattered by all this talk of Premier League interest but I am happy where I am and will be here for the forthcoming season. 

You wouldn't be wide of the mark there Major. Let's just say AW is a very grounded person and is VERY happy at City. 

Whilst we don't have to sell, we simply won't stop him getting his prem chance as long as it is extremely good business. I think he will go to Villa but with Hogan coming the other way plus a huge chunk of cash. That will still leave us with Kalas, Wright and Baker as experienced CH's with back up from the likes of Vyner and co. I don't want to lose Webster but if the price is right we can't stand in his way.

46 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It would, but instead they kiss their badge in front of all their fans and then a week later move to any club who pays a few more quid in their wage packet generally. Or do what Harry Redknapp did and live on camera say "I cannot go there they will lynch me", then let certain in the know people clean up on the betting exchanges and then move there anyway......

Archived