IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

2 hours ago, Begley said:
1 hour ago, Begley said:

I find the personal insults from idiots that don't have the ability to debate amusing. A real sign of personal insecurity ?

Top Tip: If you don't want to read my comments don't bother but you still read them and take the time to reply to me. ?? There will always be football fans that don't have the maturity to be able to debate and chat with rival fans. 

You might be beginning to outstay your welcome if you carry on with the insults.

Nearly 70 posts on another teams forum in 2 days is probably enough tbh.

Maybe pop back when there is some concrete news either way?

It always starts like this - rational posts, then some snark and then insults.

This is a forum for Bristol City fans, and others are welcome - but there is a time to perhaps take a break and not comment on everything about a club you don't follow.

You are beginning to sound like "The Jock" (- if anyone remembers him.)

It's been nice having your thoughts, but perhaps time to leave it for a bit until the Webster saga is settled?

Have a good night.

5 hours ago, Begley said:

Wasn't Pukki a free transfer to Norwich, so yes you are 100% correct there is value, it is just so difficult and I think a club needs a little luck. I just think (although other obviously don't like me commenting on Bristol City) that you guys are so so close to a promotion side and are just lacking the striker. Maybe I am wrong but just my opinion from watching you last season. Top 6 should never have been Derby's and they had a little luck but also scored goals when it counted

Pretty fair assessment I'd say. Summed up in the game against them at the end, absolutely played them off the park even down to 10 men but just couldn't put the ball in the net and were sucker punched.

8 hours ago, hodge said:

He had something like 5 legit goals given offside last season, that would have taken him over the 15 mark, at 2 mil it shows there is value out there to be found without breaking the bank. We've just added a good 50% on top of our record transfer to land Kalas, to sign an established 20 goal a season striker you're talking about basically doubling our now transfer record and I just don't see it happening, even if we sold Webster. We may look around the Kalas level for another but can't see us reaching the 8 digits.

Was 4 goals IIRC? 2 were definitely on, 1 was borderline and 1 was off a bit- throw in the assists though and £2m, 10 goals, 5 assists while 2-3 wrongly disallowed goals is certainly value!

Plus the intense workrate, those early runs which we failed to pick all too often- to say nothing of the self-sacrifice playing out wide for a good chunk of the season.

9 hours ago, Begley said:

I find the personal insults from idiots that don't have the ability to debate amusing. A real sign of personal insecurity ?

It might  be a good idea to stay away from this forum  then Begley - the rest of us have built up immunity/thick skins through years of experience!  :)

Actually, if you're worried about personal insults from idiots that don't have the ability to debate, then  it might be a good idea to stay away from all social media!!

I really can't see City selling Adam Webster this summer, we need him if we are serious about promotion. 

Quite simply, he should not be for sale, even at something ridiculous like £30 million.  We would not find a similar player to fill his spot for next season.

9 hours ago, Begley said:

You mean Kodjia 13m and 40k a week & Tammy 1m loan fee and 75k a week, oh **** that was us showing we can't identify value early on ?

£55k a week, Tammy was on £15k a week at City ?

14 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

If we take Kalas as the precedent, Webster is equally as valuable so takes parity - so a rise to c£20k a week. No idea as to current wage, but let’s say c£12k, so a sizeable uplift.

Blimey, that was a good guess!

10 hours ago, Begley said:

I’m a qualified Barrister with some experience of debating. It’s just when I am at reception or social situation and I get stuck with a bore, I can usually excuse myself and go to the bar to get away. 

You don’t seem to have the social skills to realise you have over stayed your welcome nor the self awareness to understand that your level of “debating” is shallow at best. 

7 minutes ago, fairweather said:

I’m a qualified Barrister with some experience of debating. It’s just when I am at reception or social situation and I get stuck with a bore, I can usually excuse myself and go to the bar to get away. 

Presumably you’re called to the bar?

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Aware, but would clubs pay £30m at this stage?

I'm still of a mindset of £30m or he stays- though that may not be fully feasible.

I’m coming round to the idea of 25 million, of which ~4.2 would go to Ipswich. Imagine what we could with 20 million, would potentially move us to the next level. 

1 minute ago, James54De said:

I’m coming round to the idea of 25 million, of which ~4.2 would go to Ipswich. Imagine what we could with 20 million, would potentially move us to the next level. 

Cover operating losses? ;)

£25m maybe what we settle on. Dunno whether we should but it might be. Definitely would be a big boost financially and help us moving forward.

7 minutes ago, James54De said:

But even with £20m to spend we could never fill the hole Webster would leave. That being said I would still take 25-30m. That's easily 2-3 champ ready first team players we could sign 

Just now, Sturny said:

But even with £20m to spend we could never fill the hole Webster would leave. That being said I would still take 25-30m. That's easily 2-3 champ ready first team players we could sign 

Tomori would cost half that. Or Ajayi a quarter. Not many, but some quality options to replace him imo.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm probably tempting fate horribly so I don't wish to say it, but might Webster be priced out of a move this summer?

If the club have turned down 20m then I think you may be right.

Thats a lot of money for a player of his age that isn't proven in the Premier League. Can't see clubs bidding over 20m..

Although there may be some desperation creeping in towards the end of the window which may see him go for over 20m.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Tomori would cost half that. Or Ajayi a quarter. Not many, but some quality options to replace him imo.

True, but would they be the ball playing CB we'd be after? Generally asking as I haven't seen much of those two 

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Maybe Webster doesn't want to go? Even if we say 30 Million and Villa say yeah ok, can Webster say I'm not going? Surely you can't force a player to leave?

I can't see why he wouldn't want to go, can't think of many players who would turn down a move to the PL even to sit on the bench 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

How much would Van Der Hoorn cost?

Will be comfortable technically being from Ajax for one, and for two I believe he was 2nd to Webster in ball-playing stats last season? Read it on here somewhere anyway!

8 minutes ago, Sturny said:

True, but would they be the ball playing CB we'd be after? Generally asking as I haven't seen much of those two 

Yeah they're both brilliant on the ball

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How much would Van Der Hoorn cost?

Will be comfortable technically being from Ajax for one, and for two I believe he was 2nd to Webster in ball-playing stats last season? Read it on here somewhere anyway!

Not sure. Yeah that's another option. There are quality centre backs out there.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure. Yeah that's another option. There are quality centre backs out there.

Could look at Europe too- there's value to be had there for sure. Our record there is mixed and brings me back to a point I've made before which is that for all the progress on the business and transfer side, we can still improve. Which is a good thing IMO as when someone or some organisation thinks they have cracked it, a slide and complacency can set in. Constant improvement should be the goal, always- my point I guess is a scout with a clear background in European football added to the scouting dept- this would give a greater chance of a) Success and b) Value being found in the European market.

Archived