IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Close, but wrong.

£17m upfront with add ons already rejected, therefore chances we've accepted a bid of £15.5m seems rather unlikely.

Someone messaged me earlier about this Webster rumour and even said where it had came from, I think it's probably bollox.

Praise the lord that is KITR ???

Seriously though, some guy on Twitter (for all I know he might be you ?) suggesting Burnley.  What if it was £15.5m + Vydra (£7.5m) - total £23.0m....Maybe with some add-ons on both sides?

That might make this story a bit more real?

If Webster went Ajayi would have been the perfect buy. Would have given us cover for Baker, Wright, Taylor Moore if none of them stepped up with the option of him providing goals and solidity by playing from midfield.

Would be staggered if we hadn’t thought that through. 

As we don’t seem to have perused the Ajayi option,  I, can’t see Webster going.

Just thinking aloud but as soon as Maguire goes to Man U there will be a number of centre halves on the move. Leicester and others will already be putting out feelers.

My other thought was Boro' with Assombolnga moving this way now they have got 8 mill for Flint (can't see them spending 15 mill  though).

These rumours are boring now. Until something actually happens or sky sports say something is happening, as they seem to only report facts, then I'm just gonna ignore it. Webby is staying as far as I'm concerned.

I may be in the vast minority here, but is it really such a massive loss if we lose Webster with the other CBs we have at the club ?

Just tweak the play a little and get 20m + into the club to get a couple of others in.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to stay, but it isn't anywhere near a one man team.

This 15m stuff is nonsense though.

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I may be in the vast minority here, but is it really such a massive loss if we lose Webster with the other CBs we have at the club ?

Just tweak the play a little and get 20m + into the club to get a couple of others in.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to stay, but it isn't anywhere near a one man team.

This 15m stuff is nonsense though.

He’d be a bigger loss than Reid imo 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’d be a bigger loss than Reid imo 

Fair enough, all about opinions.

But I don't think we missed Reid as much as stated, we tweaked the way we play and got closer than when he was in the team.

I think it would be the same with Webster (or Flint, Magnússon, Bryan etc).

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Fair enough, all about opinions.

But I don't think we missed Reid as much as stated, we tweaked the way we play and got closer than when he was in the team.

I think it would be the same with Webster (or Flint, Magnússon, Bryan etc).

That's a good point. There is an argument we missed Reid. But then he wouldn't have fitted into our system that won us so many away games and kept so many clean sheets - 4141. So there is an argument we were better without him.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Would £15.5M plus Vydra be acceptable? 

If it's Burnley etc, proven goal scorer etc? 

Not ITK in the slightest BTW, just wondering. 

Whats Vydra's market value? £5 - 6m? Unless they are covering the wage descrepancy I can't see how they get near the Webster value with that if it is Burnley?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Close, but wrong.

£17m upfront with add ons already rejected, therefore chances we've accepted a bid of £15.5m seems rather unlikely.

Someone messaged me earlier about this Webster rumour and even said where it had came from, I think it's probably bollox.

??

33 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Whats Vydra's market value? £5 - 6m? Unless they are covering the wage descrepancy I can't see how they get near the Webster value with that if it is Burnley?

£8-10m mentioned a few weeks back - albeit I don’t think we’d pay that unless we generated some serious £s by selling a player.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

How often does that happen,

when was the las player plus cash deal?

Reckon it will be more likely with fees as high as they are. Not saying in this instance but Neymar as an example, Barca can’t afford in just cash so have offered players plus cash

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

Reckon it will be more likely with fees as high as they are. Not saying in this instance but Neymar as an example, Barca can’t afford in just cash so have offered players plus cash

PSG won’t sell him,

that neymar TGI g is about one thing only.....agent fees

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

PSG won’t sell him,

that neymar TGI g is about one thing only.....agent fees

Don’t think PSG want him anymore. Tired of him and I don’t blame them. If rumours are true they are offering 90m plus Dembele and Coutinho I would snap their hands off. 

18 minutes ago, Big C said:

And wasn’t there Paul Anderson and JET as well?

I believe you are right, and as I understand it Ipswich still paid some of JET's wages....which is probably why we didn't renew him when it expired at the end of 14/15 season.

7 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Extremely rare these days as contracts/initial fees/add ons are complicated enough when single players are involved.

The best ones we've done are Carl shutt for super Bob and Steve McClaren for Garry Shelton, brilliant bit of business that.

Archived