IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Have they sold Villa Park again? :) 

Taking into account agents fees, signing on fees and the wages they have committed to they have spent a lot more than the £100m that is being reported. I don't think they would hesitate to spend plenty more as they have no concept of financial risk management.

7 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

I heard £25m accepted from brighton

If so  then it makes him "worth" pretty well the same as Kelly, Kalas and Dasilva combined.

Unbelievable!

Also, if it happens we will have received £38m for 2 players, that cost a total of £5m ( plus possible add ons for Webster)

Even more unbelievable!!!

1 minute ago, Judda said:

Exactly. Gutted if he goes but if he gets injured 1st game of the season...

It's all part of the club's evolution and development.

Until,we reach the premier league, if we are buying the right players and they improve, as we would hope, while with us, then we have to expect offers to come in from bigger and better clubs. That Kelly and now likely Webster have moved to premier league teams, and for fees that none of us could have imagined possible even a year ago speaks volumes for the way the club is now organised  and run.

Not that long ago we were struggling to ship expensive players out of the club, so things have turned around big time. 

Reinvesting the transfer fees to further improve the squad and team in key areas is the big test and if Wenster's transfer completes, it will be interesting to see who comes in before the window shuts.

Would be a terrible mistake to sell now so close to the start of the season. It'll take us too long to find a suitable replacement plus then it'll take a while for that person to fit in with the team.

I'd stick now.

Edit: unless LJ sits down with Webster and he says he wants to go. 

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Would be a terrible mistake to sell now so close to the start of the season. It'll take us too long to find a suitable replacement plus then it'll take a while for that person to fit in with the team.

I'd stick now.

A £25m bid and deprive the player of a chance in the prem?

We'd be mad to turn it down and given there has been strong interest in Webster throughout the summer I would be surprised if the club have not got things in place to replace him.

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

I'd stick now.

You can't. We can't resist this money and we can't put a price on a players head and then refuse to sell them when it is met. Webster may or may not be disgruntled right now, but if we turned that kind of money down to stand in his way, then he would rightly be pissed off. 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey, the ITKs are out in force!

It’s now £25m to both Brighton and Villa apparently - they’ve all ‘heard’ this .... from whom? Please tell us because you can’t all be correct ...

If they both want him, Ashton will be looking to get the fee up to £30m. :) 

Archived