IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

21 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

If we do sell Webster then I'd like to see us go for Van der Hoorn of Swansea, could probably get him cheap although Hector wouldn't be a miss in our defence. 

Out of the two I’d go for Hector. I think he’s the better defender and would add steel, he’s a hard bastard!  

VDH is a nice passer, but not as strong defensively. 

Happy with either though. 

IF Webster was to be sold (which I’m resigned to) then I’d hope that we look at a younger ball playing centre back, as we have plenty of experience in Kalas, Baker & Wright already in this position. The likes of Hector (aged around 27) won’t have huge potential for sell on and it’s seems Vyner/Moore aren’t deemed as good enough to push for starting lineups so we need to look at youth. 

2 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Allow Webster to go? We have tried everything to get him to stay but if we force him, it won’t go well. Can you imagine your employer forcing you to stay in your job when you were offered more money and better prospects elsewhere? It has nothing to do with Bristol City’s ambition if he goes, it’s to do with his ambition.

I understand what you are saying but you really can not compare a footballer’s work arrangements with the majority of careers in most other sectors. A footballer is bought and sold, ‘normal’ people on the whole aren’t. A footballer signs a contract for a period of time, most of us don’t. I don’t know what I will be doing in fours years time for example, no guarantee of work for me from now until then, I have no job security as such.

Talking of the contract, players are happy enough to sign and get 3 or 4 years wages guaranteed. But on the flip side if it suits they can ignore the contract they have and go looking for something more lucrative. Usually the parent club is happy for the player to walk away as there is £££ in it for them, but it must be as frustrating as hell too when the contract isn’t honoured and you have to start over again and source another player to replace your asset.

Sounds much like the situation we had with Flinty last season, head gone and cannot play?

19 minutes ago, brad blit said:

IF Webster was to be sold (which I’m resigned to) then I’d hope that we look at a younger ball playing centre back, as we have plenty of experience in Kalas, Baker & Wright already in this position. The likes of Hector (aged around 27) won’t have huge potential for sell on and it’s seems Vyner/Moore aren’t deemed as good enough to push for starting lineups so we need to look at youth. 

Yes but if Hector helped to get us promoted that would be worth more than any future transfer fee. Also, 27 hardly old for CB.

6 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Yes but if Hector helped to get us promoted that would be worth more than any future transfer fee. Also, 27 hardly old for CB.

But why would we deviate from what has done us so well. Buy young players with huge potential sell on value. 

29 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

South Coast reporter on radio re Lewis Dunk etc

Said BHA are interested in Webster as ‘he’s a good young player but won’t be paying anything like £25million to get him

It may calm a few down 

sad big brother GIF by Global TV

MA at the news.

29 minutes ago, brad blit said:

However, it might be that a more experienced player is bought in with a view to Vyner and/or Moore being able to make the step up with another year under their belts.

3 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Allow Webster to go? We have tried everything to get him to stay but if we force him, it won’t go well. Can you imagine your employer forcing you to stay in your job when you were offered more money and better prospects elsewhere? It has nothing to do with Bristol City’s ambition if he goes, it’s to do with his ambition.

It worked for Villa re Grealish. 

37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

South Coast reporter on radio re Lewis Dunk etc

Said BHA are interested in Webster as ‘he’s a good young player but won’t be paying anything like £25million to get him

It may calm a few down 

Do you know who the reporter was? Brian Owen if local I would guess. 

3 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Do you know who the reporter was? Brian Owen if local I would guess. 

Didn’t catch his name but well up on all at Brighton and Southampton

Was saying Charlie Austin wasn’t allowed to change or train with first team,  or use canteen ! as they try and force him out 

3 hours ago, STeveOELlis said:

Which could well be the case with us next season

He'll be guaranteed Premier League football and bigger money, not "could be". It'll also give him a minimum of one whole season for bigger teams to see him as a player to buy which is why I hope and prey we at least put in a very good sell on clause.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Didn’t catch his name but well up on all at Brighton and Southampton

Was saying Charlie Austin wasn’t allowed to change or train with first near or use canteen as they try and force him out 

Thanks, must have some good information from these clubs then. 

Not sure what I prefer... Webster staying or going for that amount of money. 

Just now, Monkeh said:

We haven’t even accepted a bid

I’m aware, we are discussing what would happen if we did and how would it pan out.

Neither of us were sure if accepting a bid is good or bad and the position City would be in. 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

We haven’t even accepted a bid

Maybe the way I worded time is now our enemy wasn’t the best

time could be our enemy more relevant

5 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Just seen the actor dude from Broadchurch, Joe Sims?? tweet something about Webster to Arsenal, using their interest as leverage to get the lad up front on loan! 

Must admit can’t find any other info about it! 

I think Joe's got the wrong end of the stick there.

Archived