IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

IF Webster was to be sold (which I’m resigned to) then I’d hope that we look at a younger ball playing centre back, as we have plenty of experience in Kalas, Baker & Wright already in this position. The likes of Hector (aged around 27) won’t have huge potential for sell on and it’s seems Vyner/Moore aren’t deemed as good enough to push for starting lineups so we need to look at youth. 

Thought FGR's number 19 (think was released by Boro?) had a great game last week. His ability to dribble past out strikers and midfielders reminded me a bit of Webby!

54 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Massive step up..... 

You kidding?

Apparently according to some here Crystal Palace were a massive step up, so I guess that also applies to Brighton!

As for a replacement for Saturday, maybe we saw him last Saturday, he certainly played better than Webster!

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Apparently according to some here Crystal Palace were a massive step up, so I guess that also applies to Brighton!

As for a replacement for Saturday, maybe we saw him last Saturday, he certainly played better than Webster!

Does anyone seriously think we are currently anywhere near Palace’s level? Zaha, Townsend, Benteke .... etc.

8 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Their stadium is a cross between a Mechano set and an Ikea flat pack compared to ours. But that's about it .

Seriously? Have you ever been to the Amex before. Very impressive stadium, and certainly not a run of the mill new build, as you suggest.

38 minutes ago, Desso said:

C'mon, 25million? I think we all need a reality check. I can't see anyone paying that amount. If the transfer does happen, we won't be told the price anyway.

That's half a round on the concourse in 2025.

34 minutes ago, CyberDan said:

Thought FGR's number 19 (think was released by Boro?) had a great game last week. His ability to dribble past out strikers and midfielders reminded me a bit of Webby!

judging by what I saw Saturday,not many wouldn't be able to dribble  through our lot.

23 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Their stadium is a cross between a Mechano set and an Ikea flat pack compared to ours. But that's about it .

It’s not just the stadium though, irrelevant of what your own personal views are on it, they have the whole infrastructure already there, the stadium, the training facilities & all the staff in place.

We are still training on what is basically just a playing field, our infrastructure has only just been being put together & there are still arguments that our staffing isn’t all there yet, our scouting, our SLO, our general managing of everyday matters (season tickets, merchandising etc).

Brighton have had all this in place for a good few years & even Ipswich can currently boast better training facilities than we can offer our professional footballers!

We are finally becoming professional both off & on the football but we still have a long way to go before we are actually able to do the majority of things right, let alone everything right.

Anyone who thinks that the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth & Norwich (just for example) have nothing on us are sadly mistaken, we are years behind but we are getting there, slowly!

We can all try and appraise the situation, but it really does depend on what's going on in training and behind the scenes. If he wants away, then we've already lost the player of last season. He certainly wasn't there on Saturday by all accounts.

5 hours ago, STeveOELlis said:

Is Brighton more of a step us than us? They're an established prem team but their growth has been stagnant since promotion and the appointment of the Swansea lad hasn't filled a lot of their fans with confidence.

I've said before if we allow Webster to go, it is a severe lack of ambition

On behalf of the club?

If Webster moves on, he will get something like a 4 year deal to play in the Premeirship on i guess £60k/£70k  a week. That alone is going to turn his head and rightly so.

Also, the club cannot turn that kind of money down.

Most fans want him to stay but 25 million!!!! Come on, thats 21.5 million more than the reputed 3.5 million we paid for him.

This after a 12 month period.

Huge profit and as a business it would be the right decision to sell.

it will also give us the opportunity to bring in a top striker and creative midfielder.

I would give Taylor Moore a go, see how he gets on. We also have Baker and Wright who can do a job back there.

Like it or not, its a no brainer to sell for that amount of money. 

We're developing but we're doing so from behind- on and off the pitch, all areas.

We've tried or are trying to do in 5 years what quite a few established top 2 division clubs completed in the last 15-25 years.

Brighton were ahead of us in infrastructure, and though we're playing catch up it is still catchup- it's grown as a club vastly in just 5 years.

@spudski often posts some interesting insight into this. We talk about new ground- and this is regardless of how great it looks, this is from an infrastructure, revenue POV etc- Sunderland had this and more 22 years ago. Stoke to an extent similar, Derby same year. To give 3 examples of clubs we are either in a similar bracket to on the pitch or ahead of- it's been fast tracked very well but yeah we're playing catch up, of course we are- still developing it.

Hell even MK Dons had the larger ground with better corporate facilities than us before we did.

12 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Any humble ? for this yet pal?

For what, still not proven still only being reported here and two lines at the bottom of a mirror article published after it was posted on here

54 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Delusions of grandeur or what. Both clubs miles ahead of us right now. 

Wasn`t that long ago we beat Palace to keep them in this div......and many say we have progressed :dunno:so what exactly has happened for Palace to be where they are and us where we are?

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

the story linked in the OP is old isn't it? Talks about Brighton maybe losing Dunk and didn't that happen a week or so ago?

No. Nothing’s gone through yet. 

Maguire still waiting on Utd

Thus, Leicester still waiting to buy Dunk

Thus, Brighton still waiting for Webster

Once one of them happens they’ll all happen.

Archived