IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It's not selling Webster that I find frustrating

It's the fact we are going into the season considerbly weaker then last season 

Don't give a shit what the excuses are. It's been a piss poor transfer window. Again.....

I (We?) are eagerly awaiting your alternate financial and transfer planning strategy.

All ears! ?‍♂️

If LJ to be believed in any case we're looking for 4 more signings. It's a bad thing going so late in the window though such a key man, no doubt.

1 minute ago, cheshire_red said:

According to the editor of the Ipswich fanzine, who is very ITK, it's 10% to Ipswich not 20% of the profit.

Saw a few arguing with a city fan on their forum. City fan was adamant it was 20% but a few of their ITKs sure it’s only 10%

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Don't give a shit what the excuses are. It's been a piss poor transfer window. Again.....

That's it, don't bother to wait and see who we sign for the rest of the window :thumbsup:

You do know the window hasn’t closed yet?

If the price is true I would take it. I think it's more than enough to reinvest in the positions we need and sign a replacement, I'd be most interested in Michael Hector. But another Chelsea centre-back I really like is Kenneth Omeruo. Looks like he's set to leave and played a whole season for a mid-table la liga side last season, has a lot of Turkish league experience. Given the clubs who are going in for him look to be foreign clubs and so don't have as much as a spending power as those in English football have, I think we could get him for relatively cheap actually. £4-5m if I had to guess, I'd want Hector as first priority and then look at a striker. Potentially Dwight Gayle? I know we were seriously linked with him a couple years back but he'd be a player I'd be looking at. Charlie Austin, Jarrod Bowen also players I'd look at. 

29 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Can’t help but feel deflated by this. Just feels like the old Bristol City cycle again right before a new season with promise and expectation, but then dashed with key players leaving.

Funny thing i don’t. I am certainly not elated but who on earth thought a year ago we would be dealing in 20 to 30 m for one player. A sign the club is moving as a business. At the very least! Ok so who do we have. Moore Baker and Wright written off by an entire forum as not good enough before a ball is kicked after a horror showing of a pre season friendly by the bloke we are selling for a kings random. Yes there will be in coming. We need a better defensive midfield break up player obviously why Cissé had been brought back to coach and more goals from all over the field. 

Ashton Johnson and the Landsdowns have not let us or themselves down before they won’t now. 

3 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

You do know the window hasn’t closed yet?

Im more interested in the fact we have our first game of the season Sunday and I predict a thumping .

No new holding midfielder or no striker is far worse then just losing Webster 

Ah well. Bring it on 

Line up behind Kodja, Reid, Flint, Bryan, Kelly etc............were' a selling club, and how we can purport to be ambitious, and determined to reach the Prem, whilst selling anybody who starts becoming a decent player, I cannot comprehend.  If Webster goes, we need to spend every incoming penny on some new strikers, or It all becomes pointless.  Greedy Pheckin footballers, I wouldn't let my daughter marry one!...........or perhaps I would.......alright then I would!!

20 minutes ago, Super said:

Especially as Trippier went for less!

Yep we do maximise the income it seems. Two players and to a layman/casual fan "guess the price of the centre back" would be interesting.

Player A has admittedly had a great Championship season, 24. Ball playing but that's it- a great Championship season and injury history.

Player B has played in the CL, Turkish League and highly rated in the Bundesliga- aged 19, ball playing too.

One has gone for £20-30m, the other has a 15m euros release clause in the event of relegation!

The English market is pretty mental in all honesty- Atletico got a bargain there though.

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

Baker WAS £4m signing, how much is he worth now, not even half with his sick record. We need strong, stability in the defence not filling in with Bailey Wright he doesn’t have to play right back! This feels wrong, and I bet Kalas is pissed off too.

Same thought crossed my mind re Kallas. They worked fantastically well together last season and were probably looking forward themselves to building on that. It's football, and you just have to take it on the chin, but it's so, so disappointing. That pairing was one of the things I was most looking forward to watching this season.

Im more interested in the fact we have our first game of the season Sunday and I predict a thumping .

Ah well. Bring it on 

Still a long time before Sunday and no doubt plenty of business to be done. What’s to say we don’t have those players in place by Sunday - if so, I predict a thumping. For Dirty Leeds!

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Line up behind Kodja, Reid, Flint, Bryan, Kelly etc............were' a selling club, and how we can purport to be ambitious, and determined to reach the Prem, whilst selling anybody who starts becoming a decent player, I cannot comprehend.  If Webster goes, we need to spend every incoming penny on some new strikers, or It all becomes pointless.  Greedy Pheckin footballers, I wouldn't let my daughter marry one!...........or perhaps I would.......alright then I would!!

If they all happen Brighton are selling Dunk, Leicester are selling Maguire, guess they're selling clubs as well. Unless you break into the top 6 you're always a selling club when the price is right... shocking news I know

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Every football club is a selling club bar a few . I really think people are sometimes clueless when it comes to Bristol City’s transfers and finances . 

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Funny thing i don’t. I am certainly not elated but who on earth thought a year ago we would be dealing in 20 to 30 m for one player. A sign the club is moving as a business. At the very least! Ok so who do we have. Moore Baker and Wright written off by an entire forum as not good enough before a ball is kicked after a horror showing of a pre season friendly by the bloke we are selling for a kings random. Yes there will be in coming. We need a better defensive midfield break up player obviously why Cissé had been brought back to coach and more goals from all over the field. 

Ashton Johnson and the Landsdowns have not let us or themselves down before they won’t now. 

if I want to support a business, I will spend my Saturdays jumping up and down and cheeering outside IBM!  I am a supporter of a sports team (Yeah I Know!!) I am not interested in balance sheets......I want to watch exceptional footballers playing for my Home team club.  It's all Bollocks ??

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

if I want to support a business, I will spend my Saturdays jumping up and down and cheeering outside IBM!  I am a supporter of a sports team (Yeah I Know!!) I am not interested in balance sheets......I want to watch exceptional footballers playing for my Home team club.  It's all Bollocks ??

Birmingham clearly took this approach and got a soft embargo (possibly upgraded to a full one for a while), varied transfer restrictions on existing and youth players and 9 points off.

:yes:

We go out and get other good young players that is the model. 

We have a goal difference 15 goals short of the play offs. Let’s hope between what we have and what we bring in we can bridge that gap

10 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

It just goes to show that bringing the transfer window to a close earlier hasn't resolved the issues clubs' had with it last year - I'm not sure what was expected, whether the number of players available on a free will be higher or lower, how much more frantic January will be.

Indirectly it could be good for the academy players of all teams but it does encourage teams to hoard players

No, it was always a stupid idea and only beneficial to those at the top of the chain. It just creates a mad panic in England but no where else. What's the point? Just let the window play out

Lee Johnson: "I’m not as confident of keeping Webster as I was when you asked in America. Given the level of interest. There have been bids." (@GeeMacGee)

He's gone.. Post says they're getting close to our 30m valuation 

1 minute ago, Unan said:

Lee Johnson: "I’m not as confident of keeping Webster as I was when you asked in America. Given the level of interest. There have been bids." (@GeeMacGee)

He's gone

Sounds like a 'he's off' message to other clubs in a get your last bids in now statement

You need to sustain the business to achieve and sustain the success. 

The balance sheet dictates what level of entertainment can be provided. Hence Man Utd are near the top and Bristol Rovers are near the bottom. 

11 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Ah well. Bring it on 

They could have done with you at Dunkirk 

"And I'm not saying you can't and I'm not saying you can't maximise the market but at the same time naturally if a Premier League club comes in for somebody then they'll want to go."

"I thought he was slightly bogged down in his performance by the speculation and potentially in the game - and I would just advise any player really that you have to knuckle down and concentrate on the vehicle that you're in," the head coach admitted.

SL has said he won't stand in the way of a player wanting to play in the Premiership and better themselves financially.

That's where we stand as a Club 

We put a value on a player...say it's 25 million with Webster.

If a club comes in with that...and a player wants to go, to better themselves, we would be idiots to try and make them stay. Once heads have been turned they are never the same player imo.

We'll have something lined up.

Could be the domino effect that opens up so much for us.

Can see loans and foreign players coming in.

Archived