IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What the **** is up with players who have ‘had their heads turned’ suddenly performing like they’ve never ever kicked a ball before 

I can imagine during my working life , telling the boss my ‘head isn’t right’ to work properly

Anyone fancy trying that tomorrow morning ?

Bottom line is the Club have or will have sold players worth £ 70-80 million in the last 12 months

Weve spent to date , what , 18-20 ? over the same period .....to date

Lets see where we go from here ..........

I have had 2 talented colleagues leave for better jobs recently and they were both as dedicated as ever up to the last minute. Neither would have dreamed of letting their colleagues or clients down.

Why indeed should footballers be any different?

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

I'm much the same. Don't have Sky or BT and very rarely watch match of the day ( sometimes watch if weve had a great result)

The gaps between the top six and the rest, the ever increasing gap between the divisions is shite.

I hate the more and more lack of Saturday games at 3oclock . Not really looking forward to the Leeds game as am up at 4 on the Monday, so even a win ***** up a good night!!!

If we ever go up it's the doing it that appeals to me not so much joining the Circus.

The joke is 

All but 7 or 8 Premier Clubs

Their fans will be stressing the whole season , that they might fall out the Circus , and knocking one out when they scramble a few points 

No hope of being truly competitive let alone ever winning anything , desperate just to stay part of the Corcus

The game has become about 6 or so Clubs

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I have had 2 talented colleagues leave for better jobs recently and they were both as dedicated as ever up to the last minute. Neither would have dreamed of letting their colleagues or clients down.

Quite so mate

After the ***** COD has had for declining to sign a new contract

Whats worse - that , or when you fancy a move , and your ‘head is turned’ , basically sulking until you get it ?

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The difference is as a footballer you are one tackle away from a serious injury. Janneh gave it everything at FGR and is now out for 4 months and had missed his chance of a first season of league football.

At the back of Webster’s mind is that the next few days will possibly set him up for life and  give him the chance to play in the Premier League. An injury in a friendly and the chance may be gone for good. 

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Most likely because footballers have a shorter career, and the opportunity to play in the best league in the world and increase your wages 6 fold overnight are few.

If teams have been enquiring all summer and you're Agent is in your ear, your mind will constantly be wondering...only natural.

I've worked with people who have been head hunted and better offers given...they soon start wondering.

Even seen an employer tell an employee to make his mind up or leave as it was the talk of the office.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

The difference is as a footballer you are one tackle away from a serious injury. Janneh gave it everything at FGR and is now out for 4 months and had missed his chance of a first season of league football.

At the back of Webster’s mind is that the next few days will possibly set him up for life and  give him the chance to play in the Premier League. An injury in a friendly and the chance may be gone for good. 

Fair enough, in which case take unpaid leave if you don't want to do the job you are paid for pending moving to a better one. Otherwise do what you are paid for to the best of your ability.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Fair enough, in which case take unpaid leave if you don't want to do the job you are paid for pending moving to a better one. Otherwise do what you are paid for to the best of your ability.

The words 

‘ Professional Pride ‘ come to mind

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Most likely because footballers have a shorter career, and the opportunity to play in the best league in the world and increase your wages 6 fold overnight are few.

If teams have been enquiring all summer and you're Agent is in your ear, your mind will constantly be wondering...only natural.

I've worked with people who have been head hunted and better offers given...they soon start wondering.

Even seen an employer tell an employee to make his mind up or leave as it was the talk of the office.

Nobody is arguing players shouldn't want to take the opportunity. Effectively downing tools in the meantime is another matter.

4 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

It's not selling Webster that I find frustrating

It's the fact we are going into the season considerbly weaker then last season 

Don't give a shit what the excuses are. It's been a piss poor transfer window. Again.....

Totally disagree. Kalas and Dasilva now our players. That’s fantastic business

szmodics looks a great buy.

And there’s still up to 4 players to come in.

We’re a quality goalscorer away from having a terrific window in my opinion

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Be good to get the deal done quick so we can move on with a replacement, you don't want the nightmare scenario of deadline day deals happening and unable to react

I don’t think there’s any chance of that, if we know we have the money coming in soon enough, we have no reason not to spend a bit in the meantime. There is money available & it sounds like the club have kind of expected this to happen.

And for all those whooping with joy at the money 

Even if we make signings in the next 10 days 

LJ has the task of drilling them , and moulding them into a side in the same period

@marmite made a comment earlier about pre-season and was shouted down , but he has a point

We have a coach who is quite complicated in his set ups and particular way of playing

So to get a side gelled with a view to hit the top six this season is some ask.......

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Be good to get the deal done quick so we can move on with a replacement, you don't want the nightmare scenario of deadline day deals happening and unable to react

From the media coverage it looks as though its imminent, agree that we need to move quickly to secure the 4 players LJ wants in, at least 3 of them need to be attack minded.

56 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Thing is if Palmer joins don't we then have him, Brownhill, Szmodics, Paterson, even add Weimann and Eliasson all competing for those attacking midfield spots behind Fammy? I appreciate they don't naturally play in exactly the same way but it seems like a lot of players to have up there, all at similar stages of their career (bar Weimann).

Can't see us getting another RB in as I think we're settled on Hunt being covered by Wright and Vyner - probably not perfect but "it'll do".

If (when) Webster goes then that money surely has to be pegged for a striker and a replacement CB.

Simple.

3 at the back, 7 across the middle, play without a striker.

We'll win or lose every game 11-10.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And for all those whooping with joy at the money 

Even if we make signings in the next 10 days 

LJ has the task of drilling them , and moulding them into a side in the same period

@marmite made a comment earlier about pre-season and was shouted down , but he has a point

We have a coach who is quite complicated in his set ups and particular way of playing

So to get a side gelled with a view to hit the top six this season is some ask.......

It’s certainly a bit of a worry Bob but the market has been so slow this year I think we have to give the club the benefit of the doubt on this one. Can’t turn the money down for Webster imho. Just hope all the other dominoes are nicely lined up for when it happens. 

4 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Same thought crossed my mind re Kallas. They worked fantastically well together last season and were probably looking forward themselves to building on that. It's football, and you just have to take it on the chin, but it's so, so disappointing. That pairing was one of the things I was most looking forward to watching this season.

Exactly. Apologies if I was a bit blunt in my posts but I feel so frustrated having got the perfect pairing that suits us I really thought we could make strides this year especially with the additional signings of Dasilva and Bentley. Yes we still might do something but it feels the rug once again has been pulled from under our feet. Yes we could be looking at a pile of money but I just wanted to enjoy what we had until Jan at least if not longer. 

This feels so much worse than last year when we lost Flinty, infact it feels like losing Reid all over again such as one player can make a difference to a team.

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The joke is 

All but 7 or 8 Premier Clubs

Their fans will be stressing the whole season , that they might fall out the Circus , and knocking one out when they scramble a few points 

No hope of being truly competitive let alone ever winning anything , desperate just to stay part of the Corcus

The game has become about 6 or so Clubs

The whole thing is pathetic. Clubs leaving there best players out of Cup games because they have a league game a week later, WTF!! Playing into the top sides hands as they have better players leading to the top clubs winning the FA  Cup every season.

Never understood the need of fans for their team to remain in the top division while finishing in the bottom 6 for 10 years in a row, winning about 5 home games every season. Where's the Joy?

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

The whole thing is pathetic. Clubs leaving there best players out of Cup games because they have a league game a week later, WTF!! Playing into the top sides hands as they have better players leading to the top clubs winning the FA  Cup every season.

Never understood the need of fans for their team to remain in the top division while finishing in the bottom 6 for 10 years in a row, winning about 5 home games every season. Where's the Joy?

Well said

For me the ultimate ‘pointless existence’

20 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

You still don't believe Webster wants to move to the Prem ? Just to help you with your troubled understanding of current day football I will leave LJ to explain it to you again. 

"The burning dilemma I have is how can you stop somebody from moving for six times their wages, with a promotion in rank. You're going to have to think about it, if you're a mechanic, a dentist or for anyone," Johnson added.

"The problem for football is the sheer difference between Championship and Premier League, or League One and Championship appears life-changing. And it is really. It's very difficult to stop somebody. And I'm not saying you can't and I'm not saying you can't maximise the market but at the same time naturally if a Premier League club comes in for somebody then they'll want to go."

For your additional assistance, you never ever post on an open forum anything that will compromise any personal friendships or indeed anything that would compromise the club, player, or the game .  You have no need to know Webster, you can work it out quite easily , as indeed you should have been able to do, if you understand the basic motivation of a player and the economics involved.

It is the same for every player. 

I said I didn’t believe you knew Webster. Obviously every player wants to progress.

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

It’s certainly a bit of a worry Bob but the market has been so slow this year I think we have to give the club the benefit of the doubt on this one. Can’t turn the money down for Webster imho. Just hope all the other dominoes are nicely lined up for when it happens. 

I don’t blame the Club Len

If Webster , as it appears has gone all wobbly at the enticement of a Gold Plated Range Rover , we have little option , especially with the money on offer

I would think LJ is majorly pissed off

Archived