IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

7 hours ago, glos old boy said:

For us to truly progress we should keep our best players and add to them; he aint been here 5mins what happened to building a team, or our we building other clubs teams first.

If you want to build something don't keep knocking it down, but hey we always do

You've clearly never used my builder...

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

What makes people think Webster has gone all wobbly?

If it was the performance against Palace, then it would be fair to say that 75% of the team have had their heads turned!

They were shocking. 

Maybe the rest of them became aware of what was going on in the background and it dawned on them that without Webster this season might not go the way they had hoped and worked on too? 

8 hours ago, Robin101 said:

It is obviously disappointing to lose him, but 20-25 million is crazy money. I'm sorry, he's a good player but... was he really that good? 

No. He was good but not sure he'll make it in the Prem. Not physical enough and lacking goals at set pieces. The money is ridiculous imo.

6 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Complete shambles if he goes. Typical City

Can’t stand in any players way AG. If you do you’ll have an unhappy and resentful player on your hands who won’t perform at his best

This is an opportunity for Webster to increase his wedge x4 and play in the PL All City can do is get the best deal they can and we can all trust MA to do just that,

15 minutes ago, Desso said:

No. He was good but not sure he'll make it in the Prem. Not physical enough and lacking goals at set pieces. The money is ridiculous imo.

Think he was looking stronger and stronger last season and now he looks a beast. He was winning the majority of headers last season.

Don't see why he won't be prem quality. He has everything and was very comfortable playing against Wolves last season. Much more so than Kalas was imo.

Was told last night,by someone who works at Ashton Gate,that Webster and Palmer are both done deals and will be announced either today or tomorrow.He’s not known as a wind up merchant,so make of it what you will.

9 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

He is clearly going to go, there is a traction now on this. It’s now about how we spend the money. I hope the club have expected this development and have planned according.

This is a real opportunity to strengthen the team - could be a very interesting 8 days.

According to LJ, we have up to 30....Yes 30!! people working on recruitment ( I replayed it to make sure he said that number)  So if we cannot sign 2 or 3 decent new players, with that many working on incoming recruits, we never will ?

7 hours ago, The Gambler said:

What is the record fee for a championship player?

I’m sure we’ll just call it undisclosed as usual and BHAFC will announce it as a club record signing. Everyone will join the dots though and Sky Sports etc will no doubt call it a deal worth £x. 

Re all the comments about gelling - 2 things - a good enough player with the footballing intelligence should be able to pick stuff up quickly albeit not immediately. We do have players drilled enough already presumably that can step-in for the first few games whilst A N Other gets up to speed. Experienced players too in the shape of Bakes or Bailey or maybe less experienced but keen to make an impact like Vyner or Moore. 

The money on offer to both BCFC and Webster is staggering. I doubt very few people would turn down the opportunity to earn six times your salary simply by moving to a different employer, with all the bells and whistles that come with playing in the greatest (circus) league in the world. 

As ever, the proof of the pudding is by not judging a book until you’ve walked in it’s moccasins. Or something. We’ll only really know come May next year. 

COYR :city:

27 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Think he was looking stronger and stronger last season and now he looks a beast. He was winning the majority of headers last season.

Don't see why he won't be prem quality. He has everything and was very comfortable playing against Wolves last season. Much more so than Kalas was imo.

He’s PL quality alright. 

Ive posted before that imv he’s the best ball playing CB that I’ve ever seen in a City shirt in over 50 years. A real class act.

He makes 1970s stoppers like Flint and Baker look like one dimensional  amateurs.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

He’s PL quality alright. 

Ive posted before that imv he’s best ball playing CB that I’ve ever seen in a City shirt in over 50 years. A real class act.

He makes 1970s stoppers like Flint and Baker look like one dimensional  amateurs.

Your'e right......and although I fully understand that once a player wants to leave. he's gone. Its a real shame that we couldn't have held on to him for another season.  Simply because it  is great to watch a class player playing in your own side.

8 hours ago, Scrumpylegs said:

If we're offered £25 million we'd be crazy not to sell. Sometimes people lose sight of how much money that actually is! To put that in perspective we'd have to sell 71,429 season tickets to get that money (at £350 each). ???

Or 5,000,30 Ashton Gate pints of beer ?

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He’s PL quality alright. 

Ive posted before that imv he’s the best ball playing CB that I’ve ever seen in a City shirt in over 50 years. A real class act.

Totally agree...quality. A CB with midfield ball skills with great vision and reading of the game.

We'll be lucky to get any decent results early doors imo.

I get the impression the way LJ preferred to set up was based around the strengths of Webster.

He's recently said that his biggest worry now is to decide on the best way to set up for the Leeds game.

With potential incoming, it's going to be very hard for LJ to decide on who to play and where.

Imo... he'll go for tried and tested with Baker or Wright in place of Webster, and and new players on the bench.

Regardless...it's still very unsettling and not great preparation for the start of the season.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

I won’t believe he’s gone until he’s spotted on the roof of The Amex stadium.

I long for the good old days when it was the Avon Gorge Hotel 

36 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I’m sure we’ll just call it undisclosed as usual and BHAFC will announce it as a club record signing. Everyone will join the dots though and Sky Sports etc will no doubt call it a deal worth £x. 

Re all the comments about gelling - 2 things - a good enough player with the footballing intelligence should be able to pick stuff up quickly albeit not immediately. We do have players drilled enough already presumably that can step-in for the first few games whilst A N Other gets up to speed. Experienced players too in the shape of Bakes or Bailey or maybe less experienced but keen to make an impact like Vyner or Moore. 

The money on offer to both BCFC and Webster is staggering. I doubt very few people would turn down the opportunity to earn six times your salary simply by moving to a different employer, with all the bells and whistles that come with playing in the greatest (circus) league in the world. 

As ever, the proof of the pudding is by not judging a book until you’ve walked in it’s moccasins. Or something. We’ll only really know come May next year. 

COYR :city:

Just hope, from Wester's point of view that the grass isn't necessarily greener on the sunny side of the street because now he's made his bed and will have to face the music and dance.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Totally agree...quality. A CB with midfield ball skills with great vision and reading of the game.

I get the impression the way LJ preferred to set up was based around the strengths of Webster.

He's recently said that his biggest worry now is to decide on the best way to set up for the Leeds game.

With potential incoming, it's going to be very hard for LJ to decide on who to play and where.

Imo... he'll go for tried and tested with Baker or Wright in place of Webster, and and new players on the bench.

Regardless...it's still very unsettling and not great preparation for the start of the season.

Spot on as usual Spudski.

I daresay that LJ has been aware that Webster will be moving on and will, along with his assistants been looking to cover the vacancy.

We as fans don’t know how highly Vyner and Moore are rated by LJ and whether he feels either of them could fill the void. My guess is that he’ll go with the experience of Wright and or Baker to pair up with Kalas.

Whatever he does the loss of Webster  will have a significant impact - not what anyone would want with the opening fixture just days away.

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

Aren’t Baker and Wright injured? Or were they expected to be fit?

i wouldn’t be adverse to Moore if needed. He’s has two years of loans in the three years he’s been here, so broadly seems pointless keeping him here if we don’t trust him to start still 

Just now, petehinton said:

Aren’t Baker and Wright injured? Or were they expected to be fit?

i wouldn’t be adverse to Moore if needed. He’s has two years of loans in the three years he’s been here, so broadly seems pointless keeping him here if we don’t trust him to start still 

I was under the impression they were both possible. 

If not I guess it will be Moore or risk any incoming player.

Either way...not the best way to start the season.

Archived