IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, RedM said:

We could always put one of our youngsters at CB. Lloyd Kelly has indicated he wanted to play there but his opportunities were limited due to the pairing of Webster and Kalas. He could step rightbin it would be great to show other players our pathway*

*Yes I know he was lured away by yet another Premier team, but my point remains the same. He and more likely now Taylor Moore were being groomed to be the next CB’s, that’s all great until the plan falls flat. But yes the money is good. I guess we can sit here and count that rather than enjoying watching talent in our team.

Yes we still have talented players but some are a class above and we don’t see the likes of them very often. Some players must be feeling a little miffed as their jobs aren’t going to be so easy. Also some players must be looking at themselves and wondering if they will ever get the big move now they have seen yet another teammate leave( when it happens) for better things. Very unsettling for the squad and fans. I would be so frustrated if it was in LJ’s shoes too.

As would I be , I have bigger feet than him.

29 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Nope no idea

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Then you’re on the right forum.

A bit overqualified in fact!

9 minutes ago, James54De said:

I seriously doubt whether any of our players have release clauses. 

There are release clauses in a lot of players contracts. It's now a done thing. Players want to get in the Prem and want that big money. The Club and player generally come to a very large figure.

Bare in mind there was a rumour that Webster had a £12 million release clause that LJ denied vigoursly. He also said at the time... quoted...

"We've got to make these wise decisions and the only reason we would entertain looking at selling someone like Adam Webster is because we believe that there is someone better that we can get.

"And I think that was a good example what we did with Flint and Webster, when Flinty went to Middlesbrough."

So what changed that decision? Money triggered, the player...etc,etc?

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Looks like Webster was training today 

Wouldn't be needed in Brighton till the medical, for all we know his agent is down there

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just saw that Man Utd have grown frustrated with Leicester over Maguire and are now in talks for Umtiti (Sky).

As no deal is done yet and that means the upward chain (Webster>Dunk>Maguire) may now not happen is this nailed on or is there a twist?

Brighton fans on their forum speculating Potter could want to play a back 3 with Webster's ability to play on the left hand side.

23 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wouldn't be needed in Brighton till the medical, for all we know his agent is down there

Brighton fans on their forum speculating Potter could want to play a back 3 with Webster's ability to play on the left hand side.

Yeah a lot my Brighton fan mates keep saying how potter wants to use a back 3 which is also a reason they signed Clarke as well. 

10 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Yeah a lot my Brighton fan mates keep saying how potter wants to use a back 3 which is also a reason they signed Clarke as well. 

Would work out well for them, take one of the championships best CB's, loan the prospect you signed (for £5m) to the club who helped Webster realise his potential and turn a £4m signing into a £20m (upfront) signing and hope they can do it again.

23 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

I wonder whether Brighton are merely trying to stop Sheffield United buying up the whole of the Championship !

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s a weird one. Surely he wouldn’t be training if anything was imminent and we’d agreed a fee. 

You would think this would be the case. If a deal was accepted and the player then went on to injury himself during a training session that happened after the deal, the buying club would be fuming. 

13 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

You would think this would be the case. If a deal was accepted and the player then went on to injury himself during a training session that happened after the deal, the buying club would be fuming. 

Not as much as the selling club.

Something doesn’t add up here. If he was 100% off with the clubs best wishes then he wouldn’t be training at all.

7 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Knuckle down and get ready for the new season at the club I've signed a contract to. **** me, he's only given us one season. If he's as good as everyone says he is, the interest from the Premier League won't go away, so he should've given us one more season at least. 

As for City, 'It's good business', blah de blah. Well not really, as what's the point having the money if you're never able to build a team (because players keep buggering off the moment a Premier League club comes sniffing). 

What, you’d knuckle down and concentrate on playing for your club! Fair play to you because if somebody was willing to double or triple my wages I’d snatch their hands off, like everyone else would  

Fair play to Webster, he’s got the opportunity to live the dream and we’re doing alright out of it as well. 

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

What, you’d knuckle down and concentrate on playing for your club! Fair play to you because if somebody was willing to double or triple my wages I’d snatch their hands off, like everyone else would  

Fair play to Webster, he’s got the opportunity to live the dream and we’re doing alright out of it as well. 

He’s also a very family orientated player. Family lives in West Wittering so Brighton is far closer than Bristol. A win win for him.

Archived