IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

15 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Brian_owen he covers Brighton on twitter 

I've been told #bhafc not in "active negotiations" for anyone right now but obviously there are reports in Spain they have bid for striker En Nesiry. The word from Madrid is that Leganes want to sell and a deal will be done. We'll see.

And yet LJ made it clear there had been a bid. All very odd.

27 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

I've been told #bhafc not in "active negotiations" for anyone right now but obviously there are reports in Spain they have bid for striker En Nesiry. The word from Madrid is that Leganes want to sell and a deal will be done. We'll see.

Might be because negotiations are finished?

Also reports from Europe suggesting Man Utd now moving on to other targets including umtiti from Barcelona, no doubt part of the posturing and trying to drive figure from Leicester down, but no doubt this transfer could be on hold for another few days.

so my question is, if Brighton have bid for Webster it would suggest they have already agreed with Leicester the terms of the dunk sale, but also if the maguire signing goes down to the wire last day of window, how does this effect Johnson’s four more players?... was the four players dependant on Webster’s sale or will we still go for our targets?

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Anyone who plays on the LHS of defence has to be able to tackle instinctively with their left foot. To my knowledge none of these guys can. 

Being mainly right footed is not necessary a disadvantage when playing on the left side of defence. When an attacking player cuts inside he moves onto a right footed defenders’ strongest foot.  Bringing the ball out of deference has pros and cons for a right footed player, playing on the left. He would be unlikely to hit any decent long balls to the right, but could hit right foot passes to the left wing. An example of this, in reverse was left footed Brian Tinnion sweeping passes out to Scott Murray on the right wing 

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maguire the king pin target.

Yet Umtiti £46m v Maguire £80-90m? Interesting to see pthe comparative values.

And yet its commented on why aren't we getting more English players in the top league...

21 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yes, good point. Let's have a bidding war then!

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

Villa can still be charged £5m more than the rest

We agree fee with Villa , prime Webster to agree terms , and then send him down to the South Coadt to sign for Brighton

Scenes 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We agree fee with Villa , prime Webster to agree terms , and then send him down to the South Coadt to sign for Brighton

Scenes 

And for some reason Steve Bruce is driving down the same motorway

46 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Yet Sky are reporting that they are in talks with Brentford re Maupay.

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Anyone who plays on the LHS of defence has to be able to tackle instinctively with their left foot. To my knowledge none of these guys can. 

Baker's left sided, as someone else pointed out he's played over 100 games in the Prem for Villa, some of those at left back as well as CB.

53 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Is this another case of a scrap of info being turned into a fact?

Does anyone itk have any reason to believe Brighton did offer?

Think you know the answer to that. It's all a bit of a guessing game. Doubt anyone on here is really itk,  just second hand info. People closest to the facts just wouldn't be allowed to post anything. All adds to the excitement though !

Archived