IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cooper.

A good defender clearly, plus the style of Millwall has to be taken into account but a like for like he would appear not to be?

@Davefevs - How does he come out in your WyScout stuff?

I hate those stats that second tier podcast put out as they provide no context, perhaps Millwall's strategy was to play long balls from defensive 3rd to attacking 3rd, that way passing accuracy gets hit big time. They had one about Webster which provided no context as well

Just now, hodge said:

I hate those stats that second tier podcast put out as they provide no context, perhaps Millwall's strategy was to play long balls from defensive 3rd to attacking 3rd, that way passing accuracy gets hit big time. They had one about Webster which provided no context as well

Agreed, second tier pod is pretty gash. Just two annoying mates rambling about stuff with no real insight or knowledge 

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cooper.

A good defender clearly, plus the style of Millwall has to be taken into account but a like for like he would appear not to be?

@Davefevs - How does he come out in your WyScout stuff?

He’s not a like for like M P

People get carried away with any name they’ve ever heard of on here 

As for stats , be aware of them but many obsessed with them

Want a good player , eyes are the secret , not stats

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Says on a Reading fans page he wasn't an ideal fit for Stam's possession based play.

Agree though, stats in isolation can be problematic!

48 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And we’ve also improved our league position for five years in a row. So maybe, just maybe, they actually know more about running a football club than we do?  

Source?   :)

Do we actually need to sign another CB we do after all have Wright, Baker, Moore & Vyner. I am sure one of these is capable of stepping up. Yes Webster would be a loss but a lot on here thought we would not replace flint. Webster couldn’t get a game st Ipswich!!!

6 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

This would have been a great loan move, and allowed us to spend money on a striker..

Every other clubs' signings seem to be the ones we should have made according to much of OTIB.

Wonder how many other clubs' fans are equally wishing they should/could have signed any one of Kalas, Dasilva, Palmer or Szmodics - let alone all of them?

Were fans also saying that Pukki and Maupay were the goalscoring strikers we should have signed when they were signing as (relatively) unknowns  for Norwich and Brentford?

2 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

Do we actually need to sign another CB we do after all have Wright, Baker, Moore & Vyner. I am sure one of these is capable of stepping up. Yes Webster would be a loss but a lot on here thought we would not replace flint. Webster couldn’t get a game st Ipswich!!!

100% we need another CB capable of playing the full season

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As I have previously written, Webster going could make us more unpredictable as a team.

Do we have any centre backs other than Baker , comfortable on the left ? 

There's good unpredictability and there's bad unpredictability!

Scott McKenna a shout really. Been speculation around him all summer with champ clubs offering 3m which they have refused. We have the funds to bid more than that and surely wage would not be outrageous. I like the idea of McKenna for 4.5-5m and 10-15k a week. He looks very good and still young(almost 2 years younger than Webster). 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Scott McKenna a shout really. Been speculation around him all summer with champ clubs offering 3m which they have refused. We have the funds to bid more than that and surely wage would not be outrageous. I like the idea of McKenna for 4.5-5m and 10-15k a week. He looks very good and still young(almost 2 years younger than Webster). 

That is a very good shout - read an article this morning where Del Boy was saying that they had not received any bids but that could easily change.

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He did go to Webster's High School which puts him in good stead. 

image.png.92c17614d6276738c726b7ec213853b3.png

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Moore would be targeted mercilessly by Leeds and they'd win, it's not the time to throw him in.

Kalas and Baker for me.  At least both are hard as nails and won't take any of the Leeds shite.

I agree. I'm a big fan of Baker. If we can keep him fit and level headed, I reckon, especially playing alongside Kalas, he'll do a good job for us. I know Webster was very good and had a bit of class but I'm just wondering if Kalas made him look better than he was, we shall see. Hope Baker will be fit for Sunday. 

Archived