IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

according to our site its undisclosed, so unless you are mates with JL or MA, not sure you will know how much he has actually been sold for or what future payments we may get. The press figures are speculation, which may or maynot be accurate. as for the 30M, That was always a starting point and very unlikely to get. 

I am aware of that .:cool:

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

according to our site its undisclosed, so unless you are mates with JL or MA, not sure you will know how much he has actually been sold for or what future payments we may get. The press figures are speculation, which may or maynot be accurate. as for the 30M, That was always a starting point and very unlikely to get. 

Down to @Kid in the Riot to give us the full lowdown again then? 

Our best defender sold with no prospect of an imminent replacement

Our brightest defensive prospect sold

Our number one priority to sign a proven striker not completed

1 day to go til the new season starts

Welcome to Bristol City's bold new transfer policy

But still we dream. Coyr!! 

Sad to see him go as a really good player and all the best for the future, £20mil+ way to much to turn down.. 

But for me it's now what we do with the money that's counts a really important time for the season I think (hoping for a bit of good signing news today please) 

1 minute ago, harvey54 said:

We could not have kept him, it seems obvious he wanted to go to Brighton.

Anyone else have a sick feeling in their stomach like you’ve just caught your mrs in bed with another bloke? Gutting.

Good luck Webby, you deserve your chance of top flight football.

City, you better have some signings up your sleeves. Hoping the full £20M will be reinvested by the end of the window and really hoping City will have some announcements for us today.

4 minutes ago, chowie said:

We could not have kept him, it seems obvious he wanted to go to Brighton.

I agree but we've all known for weeks that Prem teams were in for him but we don't appear as yet, to have a replacement lined up. 

We've mostly all acknowledged that our priority has been to sign a striker and that hasn't happened. 

We've been told for weeks that these were priorities and that we were being 'bold'. Tommy Rowe. Bold? 

Palmer, Kalas and Da Silva are good signings and we know what we're getting. 

I've heard it all before. Bold my arse but I hope I'm proved wrong

The defender reflected warmly on his time at Bristol City, but could not hide his enthusiasm at what lies ahead with the Seagulls.

“From the moment I walked in at Bristol City, I fell in love with the place, because it is a great club. It was disappointing that we couldn’t get into the play-offs, but personally, it was a good season and I have really fond memories from my time there.

“Coming here, you can see that everything is in place to succeed. The training ground is unbelievable, it’s a great place to work and I’m very excited to get going.”

12 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

5 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Anyone else have a sick feeling in their stomach like you’ve just caught your mrs in bed with another bloke? Gutting.

Good luck Webby, you deserve your chance of top flight football.

City, you better have some signings up your sleeves. Hoping the full £20M will be reinvested by the end of the window and really hoping City will have some announcements for us today.

You two are certainly the glass half full type of people. Wish I was as optimistic as you.

2 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

I agree but we've all known for weeks that Prem teams were in for him but we don't appear as yet, to have a replacement lined up. 

We've mostly all acknowledged that our priority has been to sign a striker and that hasn't happened. 

We've been told for weeks that these were priorities and that we were being 'bold'. Tommy Rowe. Bold? 

Palmer, Kalas and Da Silva are good signings and we know what we're getting. 

I've heard it all before. Bold my arse but I hope I'm proved wrong

And how do you know we haven't got a replacement lined up?

I'd be hugely surprised if we haven't.

You don't sign someones replacement before you have sold them do you? What if the deal falls through? What if Webster gets injured? Then your stuck with a extra CB minus the transfer fee you have paid plus minus the 20 million.

Archived