IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

On 21/06/2019 at 11:45, JamesBCFC said:

I've long said I think it very unlikely Webster will be sold. Would take nigh on £20m IMO.

You certainly have James - back in April or May you even bet me half a shandy that he wouldn’t go - I’ve been monitoring events very closely since then as I could go a small Stella and lemonade!

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You certainly have James - back in April or May you even bet me half a shandy that he wouldn’t go - I’ve been monitoring events very closely since then as I could go a small Stella and lemonade!

I must have been brave making such a large bet.

11 hours ago, RedDave said:

Stupid comparison Monkeh. 

About as stupid as saying a player who never played outside the championship is better then an established prem player who plays international football for England 

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

That will never happen, of course. But equally Webster will be upset if we price him out of a move, after 12 moths 3.5 to 30 M. It is posturing to get the best deal. EP is briefed by Mark Ashton. 

He's worth every penny, won't go for a penny less!!!

I mean, £20m probably feels a more realistic market rate but if it's higher still it augurs well for keeping him!

Anyway, 3 years left- to us he's priceless- so unless there is a release clause it'd be a no. £30m would give us huge spending power though, even taking into account the operating losses it'd help cover- but no, these things can reach a critical mass.

1 hour ago, KeepUpLino said:

He's worth every penny, won't go for a penny less!!!

Yes but it would be structured with £15m up front, an additional £5m if he scores 20 goals in a season, £5m if he captains England to world cup glory, and a final £5m if he wins the Nobel Peace Prize for solving the disagreement between Israel and Palestine...

Absolutely superb if City are demanding 30 million. Why should they think well Mepham went for this, Kelly went for that, let's say a fair price based on the market.

No. 30 million or keep him, we win either way.

48 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Webster is probably in the top 10 English centre backs in the country so would say 30m isn’t completely ridiculous 

Assuming that assumption is correct, and assuming that Webster is not pushing at the moment for a move, then we should hike the price up as high as possible. 

In the end one of the big clubs will bite, simply because they don't want anyone else to get him.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Assuming that assumption is correct, and assuming that Webster is not pushing at the moment for a move, then we should hike the price up as high as possible. 

In the end one of the big clubs will bite, simply because they don't want anyone else to get him.

Agreed. £40m then ;)

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

Is it not possible that Webster's agent has circulated some cheeky rumours to apply pressure on City to match the contract that we've offered to Kalas?

Well its a mega deal for the agent if it does happen, so it most probably is the agent putting out stories!

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Webster is probably in the top 10 English centre backs in the country so would say 30m isn’t completely ridiculous 

Very bold statement @RedDave, on this basis he should be knocking on the door of the England squad very soon if he gets his move to the Prem

Archived