IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

5 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

They’d probably be in a better position to gamble on Webster than Brighton imo. Still have Morgan(slowing down a lot though) and Evans. Plus Benkovic who is highly rated and had a good loan in Scotland with Celtic. Webster at 22m more of a gamble but probably better than Dunk at 45m. Also they have to say that don’t they? Can’t let everyone know you need a CB with 80m in your pocket! ?

To spare others the trauma of visiting the Bristol Post website ...

Here's the news that Bristol City fans will want to hear. In this day, every top player outside the Premier League can be bought for the right price. But it sounds like Adam Webster will be in BS3 this season.

The Robins centre-back has been linked with plenty of top tier sides in the last weeks and his head coach's latest comments could cement that.

Lee Johnson was speaking out in Florida in an exclusive interview with Bristol Live - and he is planning on the key Robin sticking around.

"I think we're in a strong position," said Johnson.

"Yeah, I think so [that Bristol City have a lot to offer him]. Listen, every player wants to play as high as they can and for as long as they can.

"And sometimes media reports can be pretty wide of the mark, so it hasn't always been what's been in the press has always been the reality of the situation.

"But at the same time he's a fantastic player - and we want to keep our best players and if we can't keep our best players it's because they're going to top clubs in the Premier League.

"And we're getting fees that we believe can make our squad better with those finances involved," he explained.

Pushed on whether the talented central defender will stay, the head coach is happy that Webster will be sticking around.

"Honestly, I think he'll be here. I honestly do," said Johnson.

"I would never say never in football because anything can change - particularly as it gets manic in the last week of the window.

"The good thing this year is that the window shuts on 8 August - and for a manager that's an absolute dream," he said.

"He's a level-headed guy, a good lad, a positive person, a good professional and we've had no problems with him at all," the Bristol City boss added.

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

To spare others the trauma of visiting the Bristol Post website ...

Here's the news that Bristol City fans will want to hear. In this day, every top player outside the Premier League can be bought for the right price. But it sounds like Adam Webster will be in BS3 this season.

The Robins centre-back has been linked with plenty of top tier sides in the last weeks and his head coach's latest comments could cement that.

Lee Johnson was speaking out in Florida in an exclusive interview with Bristol Live - and he is planning on the key Robin sticking around.

"I think we're in a strong position," said Johnson.

"Yeah, I think so [that Bristol City have a lot to offer him]. Listen, every player wants to play as high as they can and for as long as they can.

"And sometimes media reports can be pretty wide of the mark, so it hasn't always been what's been in the press has always been the reality of the situation.

"But at the same time he's a fantastic player - and we want to keep our best players and if we can't keep our best players it's because they're going to top clubs in the Premier League.

"And we're getting fees that we believe can make our squad better with those finances involved," he explained.

Pushed on whether the talented central defender will stay, the head coach is happy that Webster will be sticking around.

"Honestly, I think he'll be here. I honestly do," said Johnson.

"I would never say never in football because anything can change - particularly as it gets manic in the last week of the window.

"The good thing this year is that the window shuts on 8 August - and for a manager that's an absolute dream," he said.

"He's a level-headed guy, a good lad, a positive person, a good professional and we've had no problems with him at all," the Bristol City boss added.

Is it my imagination or are we seeing more of you lately, whats up mate, things slowed down in the "Horizontal Folk Dancing" dept.

Ok, I know its my imagination ???

10 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Just to confuse things, In the bbc article about Maguire (link)  they name Sky as the source of this from Rodgers: 

Asked by Sky Sports News about potential replacements should Maguire leave, Rodgers added: "The club have been very good. If we lose him, we'd have a number of targets we'd look at."

5 hours ago, bpexile said:

Is it my imagination or are we seeing more of you lately, whats up mate, things slowed down in the "Horizontal Folk Dancing" dept.

Ok, I know its my imagination ???

He’s perfected the latter to such a degree that he has more time for the former. :)

After much speculation, and possible bids for Phillips, I see Leeds have offered him a new extended contract.  As we are in a similar  situation with AW, might it not be a good idea to offer him a new and improved contract in order to show him how much he is valued at our club?    Leeds stated that they want Phillips to play in the Premiership, but to play in it with them.  That's a great message to send out............might we not do the same with regard to Webster?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

After much speculation, and possible bids for Phillips, I see Leeds have offered him a new extended contract.  As we are in a similar  situation with AW, might it not be a good idea to offer him a new and improved contract in order to show him how much he is valued at our club?    Leeds stated that they want Phillips to play in the Premiership, but to play in it with them.  That's a great message to send out............might we not do the same with regard to Webster?

Trouble is he's only been here a year. And a new contract would have to match Kalas's or exceed it. Kalas on £25,000 a week is our best paid player. Can't see us offering Webster £30,000 a week. We go up though...??!! Our wage structure will be blown to pieces. 

10 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Trouble is he's only been here a year. And a new contract would have to match Kalas's or exceed it. Kalas on £25,000 a week is our best paid player. Can't see us offering Webster £30,000 a week. We go up though...??!! Our wage structure will be blown to pieces. 

if we want him to stay, why not?  Everyone knows he will be playing Premiership football,  almost certainly next season........either with us or someone else.  If we value him, we should reward him, as we will get it back in the long run?

13 minutes ago, maxjak said:

if we want him to stay, why not?  Everyone knows he will be playing Premiership football,  almost certainly next season........either with us or someone else.  If we value him, we should reward him, as we will get it back in the long run?

All to do with dressing room dynamics. Players can get funny. Anyway, can't see the club offering him a new deal...yet. Assuming we're firmly in the top 6 by January, can see a new contract being offered then. Which will put his price up even further. All assuming he has another excellent season. 

49 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Well whatever the wage I think Webster has earned the right to that too. No new deal needed just bump his pay on same contract. 

Sorry to be pedantic, but if you raise his pay,.............. That IS a new contract & new deal ?

10 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

It’s been reported that Baker is our best paid player - on more than Kalas ... 

Archived