IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

LJ once stated he would only sell Aden Flint if we could sign Adam Webster as his replacement 12 months later it looks like he could be off now :(

I think the club should come out and tell us what the situation is. I know every player has his price and we don't sell cheap anymore but to put a lot of our minds at rest and possibly put off other teams we ought to put a price of at least £20m on his head then If a team is genuinley interested and is willing to pay that fee then we have to let him go otherwise he stays. 

4 minutes ago, westonred said:

LJ once stated he would only sell Aden Flint if we could sign Adam Webster as his replacement 12 months later it looks like he could be off now :(

I think the club should come out and tell us what the situation is. I know every player has his price and we don't sell cheap anymore but to put a lot of our minds at rest and possibly put off other teams we ought to put a price of at least £20m on his head then If a team is genuinley interested and is willing to pay that fee then we have to let him go otherwise he stays. 

Since there is no evidence that anybody has made a bid for him I don't see what there is for the club to say.

If they commented on every unsubstantiated rumour they'd have to appoint somebody full time just to do that.

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Since there is no evidence that anybody has made a bid for him I don't see what there is for the club to say.

If they commented on every unsubstantiated rumour they'd have to appoint somebody full time just to do that.

Plenty of likely candidates on here. 

1 hour ago, westonred said:

And what if Webster has a £15m release fee? The club announce it & they’ve already made any potential suitors jobs easier!

The club haven’t stated anything, not that certain players are available for transfer, so if they come out & announce Webster isn’t available will that mean that everyone will think Brownhill is or are you actually expecting the club to name every individual player who they hope not to sell?

And look at the amount of flack SL & the club took when they announced that Kodjia wasn’t available to any club in our division, yet everyone now seems to be pretty happy with the rumoured £15m we got from a club in our division!

Webster has been with us for roughly a year, he has no affinity to Bristol City Football Club, they are his employer & somebody might potentially be willing to offer him 5 times his current wage but for technically less work (Premier League plays less games than the Championship). Are you seriously telling me that if anyone was potentially willing to give you a pay rise of 5 times your current weekly wage, you would turn it down & tell your employer of one year that you are happy to stay where you are? I sure as hell wouldn’t of been planning on staying at any of my previous employers if I was being offered such a huge pay rise!

What’s Webster got left, 10 years of his career if he’s lucky? That’s not a long time to be able to secure his & his family’s future for life, especially if while with us he has a bad injury (which is a hazard of the profession) in say September.

Too many people think that these players actually care as much about our club as we do as fans! They don’t, the large majority of professional footballers don’t support Bristol City (or I’m pretty sure they don’t anyway).

Yeah I smell BS. More journalistic fantasy crap.

Besides, there's no way he's worth less than Kelly, especially when you think that Ipswich are likely to have a sizable sell on (the final fee was heavy with clauses/ add-ons).

Personally with his injury record, a Premiership club would be mad to buy him after 1 year of playing regularly. If he stays injury free this season and we don't go up, then he will most likely be off.

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep, all they’ve done is try to make themselves seem ITK by using phrases like “a fee has been set”.  It’s BS.  They saw the story at the weekend and are now embellishing it.  All about clicks through to betting sites, etc.

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Yeah I smell BS. More journalistic fantasy crap.

Besides, there's no way he's worth less than Kelly, especially when you think that Ipswich are likely to have a sizable sell on (the final fee was heavy with clauses/ add-ons).

Personally with his injury record, a Premiership club would be mad to buy him after 1 year of playing regularly. If he stays injury free this season and we don't go up, then he will most likely be off.

Hard to predict values, but kelly is a current under 21 international and possibly has greater potential given that he is younger.

such a shame that we will never get to see kelly and webster play together at centre back for us.

8 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Hard to predict values, but kelly is a current under 21 international and possibly has greater potential given that he is younger.

such a shame that we will never get to see kelly and webster play together at centre back for us.

We will buy Kelly back when we launch our Champions League campaign in 2021/22 season.

Sooner or later our club is going to miss the boat on its optimal time for realistically having the strongest time to get promoted and the rebuilding time/price/momentum/blah, blah, blah will be too far gone.

Maybe it's happened, happening or soon to happen, maybe I'm talking shite (wouldn't be the first, won't be the last time).

I do honestly think if we strengthen now and don't sell that we will have as good a a chance as anyone of automatic promotion.

Maybe it's time to make our move first and show our intention like Sheffield Utd last season, Cardiff the year before, dont let the likes of Webster have their head turned, instead let's turn some heads, when if not now is the right time to go for it, for me the time to make our move is now..........unfortunately I just don't see it happening, come on City, prove me wrong!

5 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Let’s see if it’s just me!

Of course it's not just you. Like when you read 'ManUre', 'Chelski' or 'Crapdiff', the cringeometer alarm goes off, a little bit dies inside you and you just have to move on shaking your head at the glib asininity.

I'm really not that bothered about it to be honest. 

50 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Sooner or later our club is going to miss the boat on its optimal time for realistically having the strongest time to get promoted and the rebuilding time/price/momentum/blah, blah, blah will be too far gone.

Maybe it's happened, happening or soon to happen, maybe I'm talking shite (wouldn't be the first, won't be the last time).

I do honestly think if we strengthen now and don't sell that we will have as good a a chance as anyone of automatic promotion.

Maybe it's time to make our move first and show our intention like Sheffield Utd last season, Cardiff the year before, dont let the likes of Webster have their head turned, instead let's turn some heads, when if not now is the right time to go for it, for me the time to make our move is now..........unfortunately I just don't see it happening, come on City, prove me wrong!

I think last summer was the “correction” to our overspend / losses.  We sorted that - £25m in / £10m out, increased revenues versus increased wages, with £15m already received this summer.

We can’t go mad, but we are in a far better financial position than most in this division.  This is probably our moment, but it will be achieved by a moderate amount of sense, because you gave to weigh up only 3 teams can go up.

If we are sat here in a month’s time with the current squad minus a couple of fringe players, plus players of similar calibre to Kalas, Dasilva and Palmer (if not them themselves), plus a Szmodics, I think we’ll be well set up.  We might not go for a top-notch striker if LJ thinks a fit-Palmer is the key to unlocking goals.

I really don’t believe we’ll lose Webster or Brownhill, I'm sure they’ve been sat down and bought into 19/20’s plans.

In some ways I wouldn’t have a problem seeing O’Dowda sign a deal with his tail between his legs, because I do think there is a player who can contribute.

I’m pretty relaxed, because I knew how big a loss we were going to make in 17/18’s accounts.  We could have easily sold 2 of the 3 main players and been told no spend at all. 

We’ve let Kelly go....but I very much doubt we haven’t planned we’ll.

Keep the Faith.

I am usually fine with the fact that we have to sell some of our key players, to get some money in and unearth more.

This, however, would hurt. A lot. Can anybody name another recent player who is held in such unanimously high regard after only one season with us?

We will struggle to find one like him.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

You must be the only City fan who whinges about a flattering name for the clubs PotY...........:cool2:

It needs to rhyme at least a bit to work. What will you be suggesting next? Brownhillnaldo, Walshadonna?! 

2 hours ago, simon uk said:

Has anyone seen the city supporters facebook page? Confirms the club are to accept 12 million for webster! ?

Nope - doesn't confirm anything.  It does claim that the club are to accept 12m for Webster - a whole world of difference!

41 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Nope - doesn't confirm anything.  It does claim that the club are to accept 12m for Webster - a whole world of difference!

I think you missed the rolling eyes, don’t think Simon was suggesting it was real.

7 hours ago, westonred said:

A get grip.

11 hours ago, westonred said:

The club wouldn't gain anything by doing this. And we all know the situation anyway - every player has a price. And I'm pretty sure that price will be very high for Webster 

13 hours ago, westonred said:

Trouble sleeping?

Archived