IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

5 minutes ago, i_am_red said:

Heard he’s off and for less than what I’d hope for.  Hoping and praying it’s wrong as it seems strange he played today.

If you had heard something from a plausible source would you not have said who is he supposed to be off to and for how much?

Probably heard the same as me - 15.5 million. I just don't see it myself and hope the rumour is wrong, unless maybe a player coming this way is involved as well? Be very disappointed if he goes for that and that is all we are getting.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

If you had heard something from a plausible source would you not have said who is he supposed to be off to and for how much?

15.5m. Not been told who.

Just passing on what I heard and already said I don’t really believe it myself.

ill keep quiet next time ?

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

Probably heard the same as me - 15.5 million. I just don't see it myself and hope the rumour is wrong, unless maybe a player coming this way is involved as well? Be very disappointed if he goes for that and that is all we are getting.

again, good source?

Yep must be the same. Like I said very surprised!

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

If you honestly believe he will be sold to anyone for £15.5m two weeks after we rejected £22m then......

1 minute ago, Gary Nanes said:

again, good source?

Someone who was correct with Jay and Kalas before both announcements (and not just hours before announcements), so yes has been reliable previously. But this just makes no sense to me whatsoever

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If you honestly believe he will be sold to anyone for £15.5m two weeks after we rejected £22m then......

Where did I say I believe it, I said I don't see it myself. But it could also be 15.5 plus a player who is worth more than £7m? I am hoping it is bull, all I am saying is what I have been told by someone who has been correct on other things in the past before they were common knowledge.

3 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

@Kid in the Riot reassure us it’s bollocks :( 

This... Seconded

Where did I say I believe it, I said I don't see it myself. But it could also be 15.5 plus a player who is worth more than £7m? I am hoping it is bull, all I am saying is what I have been told by someone who has been correct on other things in the past before they were common knowledge.

This... Seconded

Easier to say nowt on here sometimes. Both said we hope/think it’s not true just passing on info and get stick.

15 minutes ago, i_am_red said:

15.5m. Not been told who.

Just passing on what I heard and already said I don’t really believe it myself.

ill keep quiet next time ?

No reason to, it just seemed odd that you referred to the amount being less than you hoped for without mentioning the what the amount was.

Step one: Sees Adam Webster thread is hot and panics 

Step two: Sees fee quoted and relaxes

Seriously - £15.5m? Jesus guys, put your bullshit radar on. With the Ipswich sell on that doesn’t leave enough net after original fee for a quality replacement - and LJ won’t sell unless he can improve. Not doubting the validity of your sources, but every piece of common sense says is accepting a fee 2/3 of that turned down with less time and a smaller market to get a replacement In is clearly knackers.

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Seriously - £15.5m? Jesus guys, put your bullshit radar on. With the Ipswich sell on that doesn’t leave enough net after original fee for a quality replacement - and LJ won’t sell unless he can improve. Not doubting the validity of your sources, but every piece of common sense says is accepting a fee 2/3 of that turned down with less time and a smaller market to get a replacement In is clearly knackers.

Quite. Quoting £30m may have been an opening gambit but accepting a bid of half that amount would wreck the reputation we have built as strong negotiators.

Plus Villa would have been more than happy to pay £15.5m so why would we not have accepted their bid?

Unless there is some unknown factor it is just implausible.

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

With the sell on clause to Ipswich, at this price we would not clear £11m. Seems very unlikely at that price, when we have quoted 30m.

I still think if someone can back  to us with 20m + add ons, then our nerve would be tested. Every player has their price.

With the craziness of the last few weeks of the transfer deadline nearly upon us. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he may go to a PL team for that sort of price.

One things for sure.  This window has taught me (think I already knew) that there is so much BS going on, and people post in good faith, but are unable to honestly back up their stories, because it’s second, third, fourth hand.  It’s pretty easy for someone to say to you “my mate knows city Staff Member X and he’s just said ABC”.  You have no way of checking that 1) that person does know X nor 2) that even if 1 is true that X said ABC.

Webster might be off....I know Kid said earlier on this summer he thought he’d go eventually.

I hope he doesn’t.  If he does, as far as I'm concerned we just go out and get Hector (or someone if his ilk) with the millions we’ve just received.  Shit happens.  There will be a plan in place / succession planning.

LJ was pretty confident the other day, but £millions change things pretty quickly.

A year ago, I’d probably be quite worried, but we got it right last summer, and we’ve got it right so far this summer.

Whilst mentioning Hector, if we’re gonna have Dasilva, Kalas and Hector, don’t we just need a Chelsea RB too....Dujon Sterling anyone?

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I don't think anyone has said "this is happening" have they. But it could quite easily be a fee plus a player taking it above Villas offer - even though I don't think it is happening due the reasons already stated. I only backed up what someone else has been told as I was told the same earlier. I only clicked on the topic to see if someone else had posted something similar.

I don't think anyone has said "this is happening" have they. But it could quite easily be a fee plus a player taking it above Villas offer - even though I don't think it is happening due the reasons already stated. I only backed up what someone else has been told as I was told the same earlier. I only clicked on the topic to see if someone else had posted something similar.

Don't beat yourself up about it....all of us are guilty of doing the same as you at some point. Nature of the beast.

9 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Tbh buddy I don’t think you’ve done anything wrong - you’ve heard a rumour and passed it on. That’s what forums are for. My post was more to try and stop the total overreaction which would come even though your information by all logic looks wrong. People lose perspective here!

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Villa said 22m final offer (£16m upfront) and we said no 

Close, but wrong.

£17m upfront with add ons already rejected, therefore chances we've accepted a bid of £15.5m seems rather unlikely.

Someone messaged me earlier about this Webster rumour and even said where it had came from, I think it's probably bollox.

Archived