IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Webster is a serious asset and the £30m price tag was put on him to ‘hopefully’ put prospective buyers off. LJ has said that he wants to build a team around Webster and, like most of us can see what a terrific player he is so why would the club accept anything less than the full £30m?

Eh? Who?!

Please tell me some mod has applied a forum fix...!

Just seen the following on twitter from that Exiled Robin person, anybody closer to the club know if this is true or not?

Just to top it all off, I have it on very good authority City rejected another large Premier League bid for Adam Webster yesterday. 

Got to wonder how long he’ll be happy to stay if there’s sustained top flight interest ?

6 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Just seen the following on twitter from that Exiled Robin person, anybody closer to the club know if this is true or not?

Just to top it all off, I have it on very good authority City rejected another large Premier League bid for Adam Webster yesterday. 

Got to wonder how long he’ll be happy to stay if there’s sustained top flight interest ?

Sell at 25m and get that bloody striker in.

If we sell for 25, we get about 20 of that because of Ipswich. Get Tomori on loan, get Chalobah on loan or spend fair bit on getting him on permanent (rumours he might be sold). We then would have gained at least 10-15 million and got 2 quality players. And our midfield would be sorted with Chalobah. We would only need a forward then and we would have a lot of money to spend.

I don't want to sell Webster, but if we did then those 2 signings could mean we don't miss him so much.

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

One game and you've labelled him already. Did he not have the odd poor game last season?

I'm sure he did. Just giving my opinion on how he played today. Kalas wasn't that good either but JDS was.

10 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Rumours on thr CTID Facebook group that Johnson called him a disgrace today, also he's called the defensive performance grumpy, stroppy and unenthusiastic. Wonder if this was aimed at Webster if he has sulked over a bid from Brighton being rejected?

Don’t know anything re Webster (Doesn’t sound right to me)

But he def said the performance was grumpy , stroppy and unenthusiastic  

Both games were well below his usual standards . Maybe distracted by offers or maybe just struggling to live up to the hype of a £30 million pound player.

Its interesting that Kalas was also well below par in both games. They have been a solid unit but one being off his game could disrupt the other.

Both performances were lacking from the team, raising the suspicion that something is wrong. If Webster is off (who could blame him if it’s Premier League) then the team could be feeling a bit flat about this seasons prospects.

Even if we write these games off as meaningless friendlies it is worrying that we might start the season with the uncertainty. If he is still here by the Leeds game it would not surprise me if he is left out with the ‘head not in the right place’ reasoning, similar to Flint a couple of seasons ago.

We know from past experience that pre-season optimism at Ashton Gate can exit quicker than early leavers in the Dolman so let’s hope it’s still nothing more than a bit of jet lag.

42 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Both games were well below his usual standards . Maybe distracted by offers or maybe just struggling to live up to the hype of a £30 million pound player.

Its interesting that Kalas was also well below par in both games. They have been a solid unit but one being off his game could disrupt the other.

Both performances were lacking from the team, raising the suspicion that something is wrong. If Webster is off (who could blame him if it’s Premier League) then the team could be feeling a bit flat about this seasons prospects.

Even if we write these games off as meaningless friendlies it is worrying that we might start the season with the uncertainty. If he is still here by the Leeds game it would not surprise me if he is left out with the ‘head not in the right place’ reasoning, similar to Flint a couple of seasons ago.

We know from past experience that pre-season optimism at Ashton Gate can exit quicker than early leavers in the Dolman so let’s hope it’s still nothing more than a bit of jet lag.

Well if the transfer thing is part of the problem the club is partly at fault too. LJ saying things like we won’t stand in the way of players going to the premier league does not help. Of course Webster could look at that statement and think it isn’t true when we are rejected championship record fees for him. We are a selling club for sure but the club need to get to grips with handling their players. Maybe we need to try and insert release clauses in a lot of out signings contracts? Then players couldn’t really be upset if the clause is not met. I am sure it isn’t easy to reach and agreeable number though. 

To the jet lag, it is a real thing. As well as readjusting to the time difference. Going to America I always find easier as you get there the same day you leave. Whereas coming back you miss a night. I just got back two weeks ago and only about midweek did I actually get my sleep pattern back. So could be something in that though i expect they fly better than I do. 

2 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Rumours on thr CTID Facebook group that Johnson called him a disgrace today, also he's called the defensive performance grumpy, stroppy and unenthusiastic. Wonder if this was aimed at Webster if he has sulked over a bid from Brighton being rejected?

Stopped reading at this point

Archived