IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

He’s going isn’t he?

Real shame.

It will be a shame if he leaves, but in all my years of watching city we’ve always seen good players move on and be replaced.

Webster is a talented player, but you have to expect that Johnson & Ashton have known this for a while and targets are lined up.

We’re a different club now and one that is more savvy 

Maguire to Man United £75m

Dunk to Leicester £35m

Webster to Brighton £25m

????? to Bristol City 

If Maguire doesn’t move then the whole chain won’t happen in my opinion 

If we used the the £25m plus another £10m we have accrued from sales to buy top quality CB, DM and ST then it will have been a superb window.

We really need to move others on though. Baker, Watkins and Taylor minimum.

11 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Grumpy, Sulky and Unenthusiastic - I make that three persons

Definitely aimed at Webster. Kalas and Dasilva hardly going to be those things having just joined us and could have chosen many different clubs. Hunt looked like he was trying as hard as he always does. Webster was weirdly awful.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Dunk to Leicester £35m

Webster to Brighton £25m

????? to Bristol City 

If we used the the £25m plus another £10m we have accrued from sales to buy top quality CB, DM and ST then it will have been a superb window.

Would love to move Watkins and Baker on but I can’t see who would be willing to take them. Best case for them imo are loans covering a good portion of their wages. ?

Think in that regard would be easier to get rid of Taylor and Wright. Hard to see LJ letting Wright go though. Perhaps we are thinking of selling a couple of the fringe young players to raise funds? Idk but what I do know is Mark Ashton has a busy 8 days ahead. 

30 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Pretty excited about this if any of it true. If we could turn Webster into Clark, Palmer and a top striker that would be fantastic business. Does make it feel there are about 5 or so moves linked to the Maguire to United sale

Palace reported to be making a bid for Clark.

From what I have seen of Hector he is the most like Webster. Same height, dominant, dribbles out of defence. Decent pace.

Shame he is not a bit younger than 27. Wonder what kind of fee would get him.

13 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Think he would be a fool to go to Brighton as I reckon they are one of the favs to be relegated this season. As for his replacement, the more I see Moore the more I think he could step up to the plate. Looks a completely different player to the one that first arrived. 

Is Brighton more of a step us than us? They're an established prem team but their growth has been stagnant since promotion and the appointment of the Swansea lad hasn't filled a lot of their fans with confidence.

I've said before if we allow Webster to go, it is a severe lack of ambition

45 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Dunk to Leicester £35m

Webster to Brighton £25m

????? to Bristol City 

In a stagnant market or a relatively stagnant market at this level this summer that will be pretty tough!

Given some of these are out of favour and aren't the youngest, or on decent money or with patchy fitness in a relatively stagnant market I'd say by end of summer it's pretty unlikely indeed.

3 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

Is Brighton more of a step us than us? They're an established prem team but their growth has been stagnant since promotion and the appointment of the Swansea lad hasn't filled a lot of their fans with confidence.

Of course it's a step up. He will be on loads more money and playing prem football.

Just now, STeveOELlis said:

Which could well be the case with us next season

Yeah but it could well not be too. And he would have played a whole season of prem by then anyway, developed more having played against top opposition, earnt a lot more money, and possibly a lot closer to an even bigger move by then like Leicester or even higher.

25 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

Allow Webster to go? We have tried everything to get him to stay but if we force him, it won’t go well. Can you imagine your employer forcing you to stay in your job when you were offered more money and better prospects elsewhere? It has nothing to do with Bristol City’s ambition if he goes, it’s to do with his ambition.

28 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

Nonsense. Its a chance to play in premier league for a club who has already been there two seasons. Well on there way to establishing themselves IF they make the right signings. Way way ahead of us, who have never been in the PL.

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:39, Kid in the Riot said:

Right, an update on Webster.

Villa are seriously interested and have come back in with a bid much higher than the previous £12m.

The bid is for a total package of around £20m which I understand has been turned down.

They are not a million miles away from our valuation though and having previously thought Webster would stay this summer (especially with Kalas joining) I now think there's a high chance our valuation will eventually be met and there's little chance of him turning down the opportunity to increase his salary three/four-fold and play Prem football. 

Sorry to break this to you @Davefevs ?

Just resting this here.

Just now, Riaz said:

Nonsense. Its a chance to play in premier league for a club who has already been there two seasons. Well on there way to establishing themselves IF they make the right signings. Way way ahead of us, who have never been in the PL.

Always makes me laugh when I read comments like that. In what universe are Brighton not a massive step up? 

I trust MA to get as much as possible for him and I’m confident we will reinvest in the squad and be ok come Sunday. 

My hunch is he will be gone by August 8th- and I’m ok with that. Ridiculous money for him and a real credit to the recruitment team to sign him, and turn this much profit. 

Archived