IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Wasn`t that long ago we beat Palace to keep them in this div......and many say we have progressed :dunno:so what exactly has happened for Palace to be where they are and us where we are?

At the risk of stating the obvious, they got promoted and established themselves as a Premier League club! 

People talk down about the likes of Palace, Brighton, Bournemouth etc as if we’re ‘bigger’ than them - we’re not.

In terms of being a draw to a potential signing or current player, even the tiniest Premier League club would be way ahead of us. 

8 minutes ago, James54De said:

No. Nothing’s gone through yet. 

Maguire still waiting on Utd

Thus, Leicester still waiting to buy Dunk

Thus, Brighton still waiting for Webster

Once one of them happens they’ll all happen.

And if the first doesn't happen, none'll happen?

Funny feeling Leicester might hold firm.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-continue-stall-over-3153561

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No doubt we won’t stand in his way should the offer be right for the club. You just hope we have done the necessary prep work to make bringing in the replacement a formality and not a wild scramble for someone who can fill the gap at the last minute. 

Certainly going to be an interesting 8 days 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Personally I don’t think Webster will be going anywhere this window

The reason I don’t bet , and dont  , ever bet on any of my predictions !

?

:comando:

LJ just been on Sky Sports News And seems resigned to losing Webster 

Also made comments about players needing to be focused

Trust the system. 

Kodjia, Kelly, Flint, Bryan, Reid, Webster, Tomlin = c. £80 MILLION

All whilst delivering year on year improvement of league position for 5 straight seasons. No mean feat. Harder than ever to keep that up this season but I’m confident in the ability of the club to plan wisely for replacing the outgoings. 

People have to realise that a club with a fan base as small as ours is not going to ‘get there’ any other way than this, assuming we want to be compliant with FFP. The whole system is reliant on selling at the peak of a player’s value. 

I think it’s also a very sensible strategy to have a reputation as a club that won’t stand in the way of progress.

The next Adam Webster, Bobby Reid, Lloyd Kelly will all see this club as somewhere to come and get noticed. And sooner or later it’ll all click one season and be our time. 

Can’t underestimate how poorly timed this is, all our set play work, movement etc etc would’ve been focused around him, and now we have 4 days tl bring in probably 3 players to plug the games. We need some big big signings and this is where MA/LJ earn their cash. 

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

13.57 sky news is more significant. Brighton have offloaded a Centre Half, thus freeing up wages and a position at CH. I have a big feeling this will be settled very soon.

Sooner the better.

Luvly jubly.

Archived