IGNORED

How much has BCFC affected you (Robinitis)?

Norn Iron

We have just moved but still in Norn Iron. I finally realised when discussing kitchen/diner planning, how much that team from BS3 has affected me. We had to choose tile splashbacks plus blinds. Because my wife is registered blind we have to have plenty of light plus contrast so what little she can see will help.  

I suggested purple tiles and blinds which will offset beautifully the white and grey kitchen units/floor. Mrs Norn Iron (who was born here- I am what they call a 'blow-in') thought that was a great colour choice and agreed that the purple dining chairs we saw in a local shop were excellent. She said we needed one more colour for the kitchen. You can see where this is going as I then suggested green utensils which could be on a stand by the splashbacks. I got table mats in a choice of two separate colours as well. 

We also have a red car. The previous one was red and the one before that. I obviously have Robinitis which won't go away. I can't be cured of this.

Which leads me onto how many other OTIBers have been affected by BCFC which has led to making decisions because of our Ashton Gate team?

I refuse to use a blue toothbrush, when me and the and the Mrs 1st moved in together we were both using the same pink one for a number of weeks.

I never ever book a holiday/weekend away until i know the fixtures. Also, I plot note down the dates of the cups right up to the final and ensure nothing will clash just in case.

52 minutes ago, antlers said:

I refuse to use a blue toothbrush, 

Me too! I usually buy a pack of four for the family, and there is always one bloody blue and white one in the pack. Luckily MrRedM couldn’t care less what colour his toothbrush is as the rest of us die hard City fans won’t touch it!

I also have a ‘thing’ about not using a blue peg with a white peg on the same garment when hanging out the washing, other than that I don’t have City related colours in my house really. 

Nephews are 3 and 5, they already know that blue is rubbish and red is the best. Eldest nephew told his teacher recently, if he wasn’t on the red team for sports day, he wouldn’t join in :D 

Used to have a red car, most of my kitchen and bathroom stuff is red. Oh and I once had a pet rabbit (an actual rabbit before you all start!) called Murray!

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Nephews are 3 and 5, they already know that blue is rubbish and red is the best. Eldest nephew told his teacher recently, if he wasn’t on the red team for sports day, he wouldn’t join in :D 

Used to have a red car, most of my kitchen and bathroom stuff is red. Oh and I once had a pet rabbit (an actual rabbit before you all start!) called Murray!

In a similar vein, my g/f has a purple rabbit.

Have I been affected? Bloody hell, I should say so, and from a tragically early stage in life.

It's my old man's fault. He worked on the buses all his working life. Back in the fifties, when I was a littl'un, few people had cars and most walked to the ground or came by public transport. Dad used to volunteer for overtime to help man the the Ashton Gate "specials" that they ran on match days, not least because all the bus crews were allowed in free to watch most of the game from the pitch-side, until they had to leave just before full time to get the first services moving. (Older fans like me may remember them in their busman's uniforms, trooping out in long line in the dying minutes of the game.)  

I was therefore brain-washed from a very young age. A lifetime of stress, depression and agonies of disappointment followed, not to mention years of ruinously expensive therapy. (If you're thinking of it, don't bother: it doesn't work - I'm still hooked and I'm nearly 72...)  What a terrible thing to do to a kid! It should be regarded as a form of abuse. In these more enlightened times it would probably have been a child-protection issue and he'd have got a custodial sentence. No wonder I never had kids myself. Bit like dodgy genetics: you don't want to risk passing it on to your unsuspecting offspring.

That said, if the old fella was still with us to see the modern stadium and our league position, he wouldn't believe what he was seeing, so maybe I shouldn't be too hard on him...

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Oh and I once had a pet rabbit (an actual rabbit before you all start!) called Murray!

We used to have a cat named Jacki 'Dziekmaster' Funk. Although the missus insisted on calling him Jack, which I thought was a bit disrespectful. He was a Polish international cat FFS! Liked a drink. 

5 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

We used to have a cat named Jacki 'Dziekmaster' Funk. Although the missus insisted on calling him Jack, which I thought was a bit disrespectful. He was a Polish international cat FFS! 

I had a cat called Allison, named after the mighty Tanglefoot.

Mrs Isewater the third has to schedule our weekends around the matches.

We can do whatever she wants but she knows Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights are to be kept clear .

I dread to think what will happen when we get to the Prem , the poor love won’t know where she is . 

Isewater Acres are decorated in mostly Red and white , with a hint of grey ( fifty shades of , If you like ) but luckily those are her favourite colours .

I sing in a choir and have been known to leave rehearsals early during the season to catch a match. 

All in all, nothing to see here.

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Mrs Isewater the third has to schedule our weekends around the matches.

We can do whatever she wants but she knows Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights are to be kept clear .

I dread to think what will happen when we get to the Prem , the poor love won’t know where she is . 

Isewater Acres are decorated in mostly Red and white , with a hint of grey ( fifty shades of , If you like ) but luckily those are her favourite colours .

I sing in a choir and have been known to leave rehearsals early during the season to catch a match. 

All in all, nothing to see here.

Do you sit in the “Dolman” pews? ?

Archived