IGNORED

Parking for Principality (Millennium) Stadium?

Ziderarmy

I've parked at train station before (Cardiff Central). Decent size car park and right in the centre. Obviously will cost (pay and display), but was reasonable last time I went. Although that was a good few years ago mind, so god knows what it is now! I imagine they will have park and ride in operation too. Usually do for big events. Or could park at Cardiff Bay and get train/taxi from there. Plenty of options.

I've only had to drive and park for a gig there on one occasion but I believe it was a Sunday. I parked in the Capitol Centre car park and it was £2 for the whole day. I imagine this was just a Sunday or weekend rate though. 

Worked out quite well as it was about a 10/15 minute walk from the stadium and just far enough to get away from Cardiff without sitting in any traffic. 

Loads of others seemed to park in the St. Davids Shopping Centre car park which not only was far more expensive, but looked an absolute nightmare to pay/get out of given the number of people using it. There was barely anyone in our car park. 

14 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Any advice on getting to and from a gig the other half had got tickets for Pink and she’s on about driving over with her friends. I suggested driving to Newport and getting the train but they’re not keen.

Tried just park but not much joy.

I would honestly recommend they train it. Driving to Cardiff is horrendous at the best of times and parking will be extortionate.

Train from Bristol is a tenner return usually and you'll be able to park for free near Temple Meads around the Redlciffe area, or use the adjacent car park. 

Train drops them right next to the stadium and bars.

Trains back to TM from Cardiff aren’t great, done it loads of times and the only one back allowing people to see all the concert is around 11.30, gets into TM about an hour later. It’s usually only a two or three coach local service, but for bigger concerts, when I saw Coldplay they did put on extra trains and nice big new ones. I guess they do so for football and rugby too so Pink fans might be lucky.

Archived