IGNORED

Soccer Aid

Redandwhitescarf

After going to last years event at ManU I was really keen when I found out it was at Chelsea,  but when the tickets came out there was lots of advisories about engineering works and tubes being suspended. I tried every way to get a solution so we had a chance of getting back to Victoria so we were back in Bristol before tomorrow morning but it was near on impossible, even considered walking a huge chunk across London. In the end I couldn’t be arsed. I haven’t even watched too much of it on tv, and now it’s gone to penalties, which meant if I had gone I would have had to leave before the end anyway.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Had it on, bit turned it over.

I was quite surprised that the text donation line started at a tenner.

I try and do my bit for causes worthy, but surely the average person would be more inclined to lump them a fiver, which is a far more nominal number.

Agreed. Fiver is more doable for a lot of peeps

Think £10  Is the going rate now., I look at it as the cost of 2 pints, and a happy to donate on this once every two years occasion but can understand the £5 argument . Shame as they’ve just said only 17% of those watching actually donate, and maybe £5  would have encouraged  a few more. . 

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Had it on, bit turned it over.

I was quite surprised that the text donation line started at a tenner.

I try and do my bit for causes worthy, but surely the average person would be more inclined to lump them a fiver, which is a far more nominal number.

I agree but I think they will say that the admin costs of processing a fiver is hardly worth it now. 

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

After going to last years event at ManU I was really keen when I found out it was at Chelsea,  but when the tickets came out there was lots of advisories about engineering works and tubes being suspended. I tried every way to get a solution so we had a chance of getting back to Victoria so we were back in Bristol before tomorrow morning but it was near on impossible, even considered walking a huge chunk across London. In the end I couldn’t be arsed. I haven’t even watched too much of it on tv, and now it’s gone to penalties, which meant if I had gone I would have had to leave before the end anyway.

you must be in the dolman stand.

I’ve always thought that if they gave the general public the chance to play, even 10 mins at the end, by applying by text for £5 then they would make a fortune on it.

Also, interesting watching Billy Wingrove play as he looked terrible! Shows that you can have all the flicks and tricks under the sun but it’s completely different when it comes to playing football. 

14 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I’ve always thought that if they gave the general public the chance to play, even 10 mins at the end, by applying by text for £5 then they would make a fortune on it.

Also, interesting watching Billy Wingrove play as he looked terrible! Shows that you can have all the flicks and tricks under the sun but it’s completely different when it comes to playing football. 

Great shout that. I'd pay for a chance to play with the likes of Cantona...

1 hour ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Think £10  Is the going rate now., I look at it as the cost of 2 pints, and a happy to donate on this once every two years occasion but can understand the £5 argument . Shame as they’ve just said only 17% of those watching actually donate, and maybe £5  would have encouraged  a few more. . 

Talking of £5 a pint what is Clifton like these days? is it still hard to find a parking space? if it is you could always pop down to Pill where you can still get at least 3 pints for £10.

8 hours ago, Judda said:

Admin? Surely it's all automated....

Costs, fees then. I’m pretty sure, even for charities there are overheads and everyone takes their slice somewhere along the line. Toss coins in a bucket and someone has to count and bank them. There is literally no such thing as free money. 

8 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Agree about Billy Wingrove,  but thought Jeremy Lynch who is also a freestyle footballer did well even  scored the two goals 

3 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

I know I'm an old git, but what was that outfit that Rita Ora was wearing???

A one legged pair of jeans and a top that had been through the shredder!!!

What was that all about???

:dunno:

Apparently it's called fashion...…….

10 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

He was carrying an injury  ..... jez lynch banged 2 goals so what does that prove, u can have tricks and flicks and still play . 

Archived