IGNORED

League cup 1st Round draw.

BCFC1512

I'd like to challenge Coventry (good club and our recent tradition against them is positive), Leyton (London team but not dangerous on paper) or Newport (new opposition) ; a local derby would  be interesting too.

TBS, I predict City vs Northampton.

16 hours ago, underhanded said:

You've got to be a bit mad if you're a City fan who doesn't want to play your rivals - surely that's what football is all about?

We do play our rivals, we’ll play them twice next season.

As for the Gas, as has been mentioned it’s a total no win game for us. Cup final for them no matter what, anything less than a very convincing victory for City would be seen as a moral victory for them. No doubt a few of their Sunday League cloggers would love the chance to obtain hero status amongst the Blue poo by clattering and injuring some of our more important players...assuming we field a full strength side. 

Quite happy to have a League Bristol Derby if they’re in the same division as us, don’t want them in the cup.

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As for the Gas, as has been mentioned it’s a total no win game for us. Cup final for them no matter what, anything less than a very convincing victory for City would be seen as a moral victory for them. No doubt a few of their Sunday League cloggers would love the chance to obtain hero status amongst the Blue poo by clattering and injuring some of our more important players...assuming we field a full strength side. 

Quite happy to have a League Bristol Derby if they’re in the same division as us, don’t want them in the cup.

I think we should play Rovers, we need to establish if that underground tunnel still works and if been diverted to Ayteo !

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

We’ve played our “rivals” plenty of times. Honestly have no need or desire to do it again, in such a “no win” situation. 

We have nothing to prove against them. 

The only thing I would quite like is them coming to see Ashton Gate and actually see what a different world it is to their dump. However, I’d rather they earned the right to do it, rather that get the benefit of a lucky 1st round cup draw. 

Let them try and get promoted if they want to mix it with the proper clubs. 

I have to say I find this mentality baffling. I couldn't care less what the blue few think or say when they play us - i'd jump at any chance to celebrate a goal or victory over them. 

Football to me really is as myopic as those few minutes when you go ***** mental after a injury time goal, crunching challenge, penalty save etc. What a few gasheads say before or after the game isn't really my concern

On 18/06/2019 at 22:46, eardun said:

You do wonder how they make these ‘where shall we hold the draw?’ decisions. All a bit tenuous and, frankly, odd. I’m relying on Lucky Johnny for a good draw though (or at least a great tasting low sugar energy drink from aisle 10).

‘John Luck, CMO of Intercarabao UK said: “We’re delighted to be hosting the Carabao Cup Round One draw later this week with the help of our friends at Morrisons. We sell lots of our great tasting low sugar energy drinks in supermarkets, so we thought why not let football fans watch the draw whilst stocking up on Carabao? Even better still, we’re delighted that it means we can continue to keep the Cup as inclusive as possible by giving fans the chance to come along to watch live.’

I've never felt the need to sample a "great tasting"  beverage that sounds like a tundra dwelling ungulate.

Having the draw in pie noshers' heaven?

How wankedy is that?

24 minutes ago, underhanded said:

I have to say I find this mentality baffling. I couldn't care less what the blue few think or say when they play us - i'd jump at any chance to celebrate a goal or victory over them. 

Football to me really is as myopic as those few minutes when you go ***** mental after a injury time goal, crunching challenge, penalty save etc. What a few gasheads say before or after the game isn't really my concern

I can go ‘******* mental’ when we score against Cardiff. 

1 hour ago, underhanded said:

I can see your point, but would you really get that same thrill by beating some ramshackle lower league club who play in a hovel..? 

I’d rather play someone that we hadn’t played in my time before, like Newport or FGR. 

Archived