IGNORED

League cup 1st Round draw.

BCFC1512

We were talking about this in the office - another crazy location this year

Lifted from Derby's website (of all places) - indirectly straight form the EFL website

Live from Morrisons, Colindale at 7pm on Thursday 20 June, the draw will take place within a short distance from Wembley Stadium – the home of the Carabao Cup Final. Conducted by two former EFL Cup winners, supporters will be able to engage with the competition as they go about their daily routine… A true modern-day supermarket sweep!

50 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

We were talking about this in the office - another crazy location this year

Lifted from Derby's website (of all places) - indirectly straight form the EFL website

Live from Morrisons, Colindale at 7pm on Thursday 20 June, the draw will take place within a short distance from Wembley Stadium – the home of the Carabao Cup Final. Conducted by two former EFL Cup winners, supporters will be able to engage with the competition as they go about their daily routine… A true modern-day supermarket sweep!

Wow haha

25 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

We played the old Newport a lot in the 80s, but they went bust. Pretty sure we've never met the current incarnation.

We did....remember Rob Newman crashing a 40 yard volley past Roger Freestone in the mid 80s.

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I think people are failing to fully appreciate the impressive piece of modern architecture that is Morrison's store at Colindale.

Morrisons_ColindaleStore.jpg

All cup draws should be held here.

Someone get this on Gaschat, ready made UWE replacement right there

You do wonder how they make these ‘where shall we hold the draw?’ decisions. All a bit tenuous and, frankly, odd. I’m relying on Lucky Johnny for a good draw though (or at least a great tasting low sugar energy drink from aisle 10).

‘John Luck, CMO of Intercarabao UK said: “We’re delighted to be hosting the Carabao Cup Round One draw later this week with the help of our friends at Morrisons. We sell lots of our great tasting low sugar energy drinks in supermarkets, so we thought why not let football fans watch the draw whilst stocking up on Carabao? Even better still, we’re delighted that it means we can continue to keep the Cup as inclusive as possible by giving fans the chance to come along to watch live.’

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:59, foghornred said:

In a supermarket are they really struggling to find a venue ? anyway hope that we get Salford away nice to go to a new ground. 

They won't get into the first round and if they did they'd have to play it at neighbouring Keynsham, their ground is not up to it.

A few people saying they want to play the blue few. I couldn't think of anything worse. They have nothing to lose as we are expected to win. If its at the Gate their vile badge would be on our big screens when doing the line-ups, their unwashed fans would be contaminating our sacred ground and that song about a prostitute called Irene echoing around. Most of all though, playing them would be an acknowledgement that they exist. In recent years you do tend to forget about them all together.

Having said that, if the draw did put us together, would I be up for it? Too fudging right I'd be up for it!

39 minutes ago, underhanded said:

You've got to be a bit mad if you're a City fan who doesn't want to play your rivals - surely that's what football is all about?

We’ve played our “rivals” plenty of times. Honestly have no need or desire to do it again, in such a “no win” situation. 

We have nothing to prove against them. 

The only thing I would quite like is them coming to see Ashton Gate and actually see what a different world it is to their dump. However, I’d rather they earned the right to do it, rather that get the benefit of a lucky 1st round cup draw. 

Let them try and get promoted if they want to mix it with the proper clubs. 

Archived