Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Taunton_BCFC

League cup 1st Round draw.

Recommended Posts

We were talking about this in the office - another crazy location this year

Lifted from Derby's website (of all places) - indirectly straight form the EFL website

Live from Morrisons, Colindale at 7pm on Thursday 20 June, the draw will take place within a short distance from Wembley Stadium – the home of the Carabao Cup Final. Conducted by two former EFL Cup winners, supporters will be able to engage with the competition as they go about their daily routine… A true modern-day supermarket sweep!

 

Edited by solihull cider red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

We were talking about this in the office - another crazy location this year

Lifted from Derby's website (of all places) - indirectly straight form the EFL website


Live from Morrisons, Colindale at 7pm on Thursday 20 June, the draw will take place within a short distance from Wembley Stadium – the home of the Carabao Cup Final. Conducted by two former EFL Cup winners, supporters will be able to engage with the competition as they go about their daily routine… A true modern-day supermarket sweep!

 

Wow haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we get the gas.

My son is desperate to go to a Bristol Derby. The cups are the only chance he has :laugh:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Hopefully we get the gas.

My son is desperate to go to a Bristol Derby. The cups are the only chance he has :laugh:

Rather not get them mate we can’t win if we beat them it’s because we are supposed to mate and if (a big if) they beat us we won’t hear the end of it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I'd love to get Forest Green or Newport. Never played either in a competitive fixture.

Have we really never played Newport in a competitive game?

I'm amazed. (Not doubting you by the way).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Have we really never played Newport in a competitive game?

I'm amazed. (Not doubting you by the way).

We played the old Newport a lot in the 80s, but they went bust. Pretty sure we've never met the current incarnation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

We played the old Newport a lot in the 80s, but they went bust. Pretty sure we've never met the current incarnation.

We did....remember Rob Newman crashing a 40 yard volley past Roger Freestone in the mid 80s.

  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, foghornred said:

In a supermarket are they really struggling to find a venue ? anyway hope that we get Salford away nice to go to a new ground. 

It's split into Northern and Southern sections at this stage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I think people are failing to fully appreciate the impressive piece of modern architecture that is Morrison's store at Colindale.

Morrisons_ColindaleStore.jpg

All cup draws should be held here.

Someone get this on Gaschat, ready made UWE replacement right there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do wonder how they make these ‘where shall we hold the draw?’ decisions. All a bit tenuous and, frankly, odd. I’m relying on Lucky Johnny for a good draw though (or at least a great tasting low sugar energy drink from aisle 10).

‘John Luck, CMO of Intercarabao UK said: “We’re delighted to be hosting the Carabao Cup Round One draw later this week with the help of our friends at Morrisons. We sell lots of our great tasting low sugar energy drinks in supermarkets, so we thought why not let football fans watch the draw whilst stocking up on Carabao? Even better still, we’re delighted that it means we can continue to keep the Cup as inclusive as possible by giving fans the chance to come along to watch live.’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:59, foghornred said:

In a supermarket are they really struggling to find a venue ? anyway hope that we get Salford away nice to go to a new ground. 

They won't get into the first round and if they did they'd have to play it at neighbouring Keynsham, their ground is not up to it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few people saying they want to play the blue few. I couldn't think of anything worse. They have nothing to lose as we are expected to win. If its at the Gate their vile badge would be on our big screens when doing the line-ups, their unwashed fans would be contaminating our sacred ground and that song about a prostitute called Irene echoing around. Most of all though, playing them would be an acknowledgement that they exist. In recent years you do tend to forget about them all together.

Having said that, if the draw did put us together, would I be up for it? Too fudging right I'd be up for it!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, underhanded said:

You've got to be a bit mad if you're a City fan who doesn't want to play your rivals - surely that's what football is all about?

We’ve played our “rivals” plenty of times. Honestly have no need or desire to do it again, in such a “no win” situation. 

We have nothing to prove against them. 

The only thing I would quite like is them coming to see Ashton Gate and actually see what a different world it is to their dump. However, I’d rather they earned the right to do it, rather that get the benefit of a lucky 1st round cup draw. 

Let them try and get promoted if they want to mix it with the proper clubs. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to challenge Coventry (good club and our recent tradition against them is positive), Leyton (London team but not dangerous on paper) or Newport (new opposition) ; a local derby would  be interesting too.

TBS, I predict City vs Northampton.

 

Edited by Dan Robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, underhanded said:

You've got to be a bit mad if you're a City fan who doesn't want to play your rivals - surely that's what football is all about?

We do play our rivals, we’ll play them twice next season.

As for the Gas, as has been mentioned it’s a total no win game for us. Cup final for them no matter what, anything less than a very convincing victory for City would be seen as a moral victory for them. No doubt a few of their Sunday League cloggers would love the chance to obtain hero status amongst the Blue poo by clattering and injuring some of our more important players...assuming we field a full strength side. 

Quite happy to have a League Bristol Derby if they’re in the same division as us, don’t want them in the cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We do play our rivals, we’ll play them twice next season.

As for the Gas, as has been mentioned it’s a total no win game for us. Cup final for them no matter what, anything less than a very convincing victory for City would be seen as a moral victory for them. No doubt a few of their Sunday League cloggers would love the chance to obtain hero status amongst the Blue poo by clattering and injuring some of our more important players...assuming we field a full strength side. 

Quite happy to have a League Bristol Derby if they’re in the same division as us, don’t want them in the cup.

I think we should play Rovers, we need to establish if that underground tunnel still works and if been diverted to Ayteo !

Edited by daored
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We do play our rivals, we’ll play them twice next season.

As for the Gas, as has been mentioned it’s a total no win game for us. Cup final for them no matter what, anything less than a very convincing victory for City would be seen as a moral victory for them. No doubt a few of their Sunday League cloggers would love the chance to obtain hero status amongst the Blue poo by clattering and injuring some of our more important players...assuming we field a full strength side. 

Quite happy to have a League Bristol Derby if they’re in the same division as us, don’t want them in the cup.

 

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

We’ve played our “rivals” plenty of times. Honestly have no need or desire to do it again, in such a “no win” situation. 

We have nothing to prove against them. 

The only thing I would quite like is them coming to see Ashton Gate and actually see what a different world it is to their dump. However, I’d rather they earned the right to do it, rather that get the benefit of a lucky 1st round cup draw. 

Let them try and get promoted if they want to mix it with the proper clubs. 

I have to say I find this mentality baffling. I couldn't care less what the blue few think or say when they play us - i'd jump at any chance to celebrate a goal or victory over them. 

Football to me really is as myopic as those few minutes when you go ***** mental after a injury time goal, crunching challenge, penalty save etc. What a few gasheads say before or after the game isn't really my concern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/06/2019 at 22:46, eardun said:

You do wonder how they make these ‘where shall we hold the draw?’ decisions. All a bit tenuous and, frankly, odd. I’m relying on Lucky Johnny for a good draw though (or at least a great tasting low sugar energy drink from aisle 10).

‘John Luck, CMO of Intercarabao UK said: “We’re delighted to be hosting the Carabao Cup Round One draw later this week with the help of our friends at Morrisons. We sell lots of our great tasting low sugar energy drinks in supermarkets, so we thought why not let football fans watch the draw whilst stocking up on Carabao? Even better still, we’re delighted that it means we can continue to keep the Cup as inclusive as possible by giving fans the chance to come along to watch live.’

I've never felt the need to sample a "great tasting"  beverage that sounds like a tundra dwelling ungulate.

Having the draw in pie noshers' heaven?

How wankedy is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, underhanded said:

 

I have to say I find this mentality baffling. I couldn't care less what the blue few think or say when they play us - i'd jump at any chance to celebrate a goal or victory over them. 

Football to me really is as myopic as those few minutes when you go ***** mental after a injury time goal, crunching challenge, penalty save etc. What a few gasheads say before or after the game isn't really my concern

I can go ‘******* mental’ when we score against Cardiff. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, underhanded said:

 

I have to say I find this mentality baffling. I couldn't care less what the blue few think or say when they play us - i'd jump at any chance to celebrate a goal or victory over them. 

Football to me really is as myopic as those few minutes when you go ***** mental after a injury time goal, crunching challenge, penalty save etc. What a few gasheads say before or after the game isn't really my concern

I can see your point, but would you really get that same thrill by beating some ramshackle lower league club who play in a hovel..? 

I’d rather play someone that we hadn’t played in my time before, like Newport or FGR. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:
  • Step away from the keyboard and go for a walk, more to life than this, surely....

He says, sat typing away at his keyboard...! 🤷‍♂️

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:
  • Step away from the keyboard and go for a walk, more to life than this, surely....

I'm not a massive fan of the Carabao Cup but jesus it's not that bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I’ll be in bed by then, if not I’ll go home for the draw . 

 

What ward are you on Major.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/06/2019 at 13:27, BanburyRed said:

Unidentified draw in bagging area.

Better then unidentified balls in the bagging area  :noexp:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...