IGNORED

Northampton Town - The missing millions

Unan

52 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Have they checked their coat pocket or down the back of the sofa ?

Northampton once famous for its shoes... 

-there must be a lot of sole searching going on up there right now,  and some hastily cobbled together excuses.

Not nice to be down on their uppers and back on a shoestring budget again though after having plenty only to discover someone's polished off the lot. 

Someone deserves to get the boot.

Why councils think they can shower council tax money upon their local football club has always baffled me.

Plymouth council has bought Argyle's ground twice to save them from going bust and then sold it back to them cheaply.

Council tax is paid to provide services to the people in the council area; not so Northampton councillors can have free seats in the Director's box at Northampton Town with beer and prawn sandwiches laid on.

36 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

-there must be a lot of sole searching going on up there right now,  and some hastily cobbled together excuses.

Not nice to be down on their uppers and back on a shoestring budget again though after having plenty only to discover someone's polished off the lot. 

What a load of old cobblers .

43 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Why councils think they can shower council tax money upon their local football club has always baffled me.

Plymouth council has bought Argyle's ground twice to save them from going bust and then sold it back to them cheaply.

Council tax is paid to provide services to the people in the council area; not so Northampton councillors can have free seats in the Director's box at Northampton Town with beer and prawn sandwiches laid on.

Mel Morris is now looking to relocate Derby County to Devon! 

16 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Oops !

(Could be an excuse though were they simply... )

" Hoping to create a nice new (very, very) shiny new stand, someone left the lid off the tin and it evaporated!"

) 

I think the worst that would happen is it develops a skin which you could use as a 'soft play' area for Woodlice or roll it into a ball, hay-presto, a stress relief toy for a tramp...

20 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I was going to add something to that but I forgot, it was just on the tip of my tongue.

21 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Put a sock in it mate.

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Northamptons old grounds away end was like fort alcatraz.

Worst view in the leauge.

Drunkest I've ever been at a match was there. (I think we let in seven too!) - edit No we didn't, getting my matches mixed up. We lost 3-0 and had two sent off (I think)

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I recall tinnion going in goal at saltergate when we were going for the championship under ward.

I think we lost a important game there under wilson when somebody got sent off?

I might be wrong rich but i think we did get stuffed at northampton early in tcs time?

Definitely Northampton but details of the game very hazy. I went for a piss seven times in the first half, I know that much.

Archived