IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Or Tammy won't be at Chelsea as he's having a longer break after his involvement in the Under 21 tournament?

Possibly? Probably!

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

When Tammy says tomorrow just seems like he means missing him for one day

Possibly? Probably!

I think we will know tomorrow if he is coming or not. We've had all these months to do a deal. I can see both sides of why we should or why we shouldn't sign him. There's no doubt he could be a top top player, but there is the lazy style he has that needs a lot of work.

37 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think we will know tomorrow if he is coming or not. We've had all these months to do a deal. I can see both sides of why we should or why we shouldn't sign him. There's no doubt he could be a top top player, but there is the lazy style he has that needs a lot of work.

Not sure what a lazy style is but I do know that he has been working very hard in the close season in building up his fitness levels and to impress - LJ?

2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

We have about 5 players who can play in the number 10 position now, surely we still can't be in for Palmer? I think the money will be spent elsewhere. 

I could have seen it with COD going. Paterson an option for the left side, Palmer as a 10 and Szmodics getting some minutes here and there(generally the lower league players take at least half a season to feature regularly). 

With COD possibly staying we may not be able to buy Palmer with blocking a pathway elsewhere. Personally I am a big fan. Think the motor thing is overblown. He isn’t lazy even if he isn’t a natural grafter. Nowhere near Tomlin levels. He is a natural footballer and you can see that in his game. Sometime that takes patient coaching and progression. Look at someone like Zaha or Sterling. They needed coaching to help slow the game down for them. Think Palmer may need that but I think we need a few more footballers over athletes and work rate as we have the latter in abundance

Palmer is a tricky one that I'm still not sure about. I'm not sure how he fits in if we keep Diedhiou, and especially if we keep Diedhiou and bring in another big striker like Moore. 

Palmer needs pace and movement around him. Clearly behind Fam never looked right. 

One system it did look good briefly was Sheff Utd second half where he played behind the strikers in a 4222.

But then the problem with playing him there is, I dont see that as a formation LJ will play for an entire game. 

I think LJ wants players that can play in different systems during a game. Like that can go from the 4222 to the 4141 like the did against WBA when 3-0 up.

Try to do that with Palmer and there doesn't seem to be a position he can play. He is a number 10, and that's it imo. I know he has played wide left but I don't think he covers enough ground to play there.

He played against us on the left wing when we beat Blackburn 4-1, and although he did look good on the ball, Hunt had his best game for us. Probably because he had an easy time with Palmer on him.

He'd have to improve a lot on his work rate and movement. Is he capable of improving that part of his game? Well that's why it's a tricky one for LJ.

Safe option would be to look elsewhere, or even just stick with what we have as we have good options in that area. But LJ does like a gamble.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Palmer is a tricky one that I'm still not sure about. I'm not sure how he fits in if we keep Diedhiou, and especially if we keep Diedhiou and bring in another big striker like Moore. 

Palmer needs pace and movement around him. Clearly behind Fam never looked right. 

One system it did look good briefly was Sheff Utd second half where he played behind the strikers in a 4222.

But then the problem with playing him there is, I dont see that as a formation LJ will play for an entire game. 

I think LJ wants players that can play in different systems during a game. Like that can go from the 4222 to the 4141 like the did against WBA when 3-0 up.

Try to do that with Palmer and there doesn't seem to be a position he can play. He is a number 10, and that's it imo. I know he has played wide left but I don't think he covers enough ground to play there.

He played against us on the left wing when we beat Blackburn 4-1, and although he did look good on the ball, Hunt had his best game for us. Probably because he had an easy time with Palmer on him.

He'd have to improve a lot on his work rate and movement. Is he capable of improving that part of his game? Well that's why it's a tricky one for LJ.

Safe option would be to look elsewhere, or even just stick with what we have as we have good options in that area. But LJ does like a gamble.

A good summary but surely this option has now timed out - he couldn't get a starting place before our summer signings.

Even if we wanted him (and I don't think we saw much evidence of this) he wouldn't sign because he is very unlikely to get game time at a critical period in his career. He needs to establish himself with a regular run in a first team, or he will end up being the next Todd Kane. Not necessarily a bad thing - but not what he would want given the Chelsea mindset that would have been drilled into him from a young age.

14 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Because they reposted the first “welcome Kasey Palmer” post this morning. 

Sorry who reposted? Section 82 reposted old pic of Kasey?

We need a Kasey Palmer type player, maybe SS is that player now? I'd have KP45 back in a shot

As LJ said, get a proper pre season under his belt, start him and he could be the key for us. If he got off to a good start he'd fly. And I'd still let him shag my wife

Archived