IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

13 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

S82 work with the club don’t they? If this means something, perhaps somebody has inside knowledge.

If they do, I doubt the club will work with them again?

The club would not be discussing signings with S82.

Just now, RedM said:

The club would not be discussing signings with S82.

Don’t take it seriously, wasn’t meant to be. 

I’d love this to happen though, he’s a player that makes things happen. That pass to Weimann for his goal at Sheffield United sticks out!

I got told Saturday that that all 3 Chelsea players was done by someone who works for the club. But didn’t want to post in because there’s been a few People making up rumours, I have everything reason to trust this person as has been right about most things so far 

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

We need a Kasey Palmer type player, maybe SS is that player now? I'd have KP45 back in a shot

As LJ said, get a proper pre season under his belt, start him and he could be the key for us. If he got off to a good start he'd fly. And I'd still let him shag my wife

I've seen your wife. Not sure he'd want to! ?

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Imagine the media team think tank on this one. 

Lots of supporters wives all lined up as Kasey arrives with their supporter hubbies all in dreads!

are they even a media team if this doesn’t happen ???

Not sure a line-up gang bang is quite the social media milieu these days Dave

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

We need a Kasey Palmer type player, maybe SS is that player now? I'd have KP45 back in a shot

As LJ said, get a proper pre season under his belt, start him and he could be the key for us. If he got off to a good start he'd fly. And I'd still let him shag my wife

Not sure on Palmer mate

Some great real ability and seems a decent lad , family man , dotes on partner and child

but

I just think he might be one who doesn’t really want it enough or have that real hunger

He might have a career changing moment when he realises that he needs to actually make a place in a side his own by performance

He is clearly well paid by Chelsea and enjoys travelling on a regular basis and in luxury (And good luck to him)

Im not sure he’s actually that hungry or desperate to perform on a consistent basis

I may be wrong but that’s the vibe I get

19 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

When he joined on loan they posted welcome Kasey. This morning they reposted that with the old picture. The implication being that they were, once again, welcoming him to City. At least, that’s my guess @JonDolman

Yeah what I mean is this is section 82 Twitter page. Do they often know stuff before it happens? Anyone else saying this is happening?

2 hours ago, mozo said:

My concern with Palmer is that I don't know if he'll get games. 

He also doesn't fight for a place in the squad. The less he plays the less he cares from what I saw. This is an entirely negative view tho, maybe if he's signed permanently that'll change 

5 hours ago, Woodsy said:

He’s already a week behind schedule. 

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

He also doesn't fight for a place in the squad. The less he plays the less he cares from what I saw. This is an entirely negative view tho, maybe if he's signed permanently that'll change 

Not sure that’s the case with KP bit harsh imo. On the very few occasions we set up and played a system that suits Palmers game he was very good and we saw what he can do, when we didn’t play to his strengths he struggled, same as Pato when played out wide he’s completely wasted, be interesting if KP was to join us as they both are at their best in the middle. Play to Palmers strengths and we’d have some player on our hands.

I'm not sure that Palmer is the man we need: we already have two creative midfielders (Paterson and Szmodics), so maybe we should give priority to a defensive midfielder (with Korey out for a while).

TBS, if LJ thinks that Kasey can give a good contribution and fight for a place in the starting XI...why not (on loan)?

2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

I'm not sure that Palmer is the man we need: we already have two creative midfielders (Paterson and Szmodics), so maybe we should give priority to a defensive midfielder (with Korey out for a while).

TBS, if LJ is convinced that Kasey can give a contribution and fight for a place in the starting XI...why not (on loan)?

Palmer is exactly what we need. He can unlock a defence with a pass which we currently do not have(maybe Pack but not near Palmer). When teams sit back against us, which many do now, we need him to make plays. His pass to Weimann against SU this season is what convinced me. No one else in the squad can make that pass

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure on Palmer mate

Some great real ability and seems a decent lad , family man , dotes on partner and child

but

I just think he might be one who doesn’t really want it enough or have that real hunger

He might have a career changing moment when he realises that he needs to actually make a place in a side his own by performance

He is clearly well paid by Chelsea and enjoys travelling on a regular basis and in luxury (And good luck to him)

Im not sure he’s actually that hungry or desperate to perform on a consistent basis

I may be wrong but that’s the vibe I get

Hunger - that is my concern with him as well, Bob. Get the feeling we'd have him for one season and get our money back. That kind of signing, you know ?‍♂️

55 minutes ago, redapple said:

He’s already a week behind schedule. 

He'll be a month behind once he's met Mrs Woodsy ?

Archived