IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Palmer is exactly what we need. He can unlock a defence with a pass which we currently do not have(maybe Pack but not near Palmer). When teams sit back against us, which many do now, we need him to make plays. His pass to Weimann against SU this season is what convinced me. No one else in the squad can make that pass

Yes, when he did his best he was a good weapon...but sometimes he lost himself in his tricks too. He didn't play much last season, so it's difficult to judge him yet...but I got the impression of a talented but inconsistent player: maybe just a matter of physical form, maybe not.

That's why I thought it would have been more important to bring back Kalas and Dasilva than Palmer.

Just now, YorkshireSection said:

How do you mean?

What we know is several of our players have been watched and have attracted ‘enquiries’ Brownhill, Odowda Webster are obvious, Diehdou Baker possibly among those add Vyner O’Leary Walsh and another half a dozen loans that are coming off or already done.

The way we play may alter and offers for Patterson are not out of the question. We have done well but right now who knows what is going to happen and how LJ lines us up next season. What offers/Enquiries have we had that are not in the press. City are very good at keeping it in house these days!

3 minutes ago, kelbcfc said:

Agreed with this. I reckon that if Kasey comes in it could be the end of Pato

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

If we could move on Paterson and Watkins, there’d be a space for Palmer, wouldn’t there?

Are we talking about the same Patto that LJ finds it very hard to drop despite some very average form, sorry but I don't see it, as much as I'd like to be proved wrong I just don't see it.

7 minutes ago, kelbcfc said:

Agreed with this. I reckon that if Kasey comes in it could be the end of Pato

LJ loves Pato.

I think the problem has been that Pato likes a load of ballers around him and movement. He is consistent when playing in the right system. Season before he was superb with Reid.

Same thing can be said about Palmer. No good with Fam in front of him. Nketiah in front of him might see a very different player in Palmer, and Pato.

13 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Yes, when he did his best he was a good weapon...but sometimes he lost himself in his tricks too. He didn't play much last season, so it's difficult to judge him yet...but I got the impression of a talented but inconsistent player: maybe just a matter of physical form, maybe not.

That's why I thought it would have been more important to bring back Kalas and Dasilva than Palmer.

I get you. Just think a driving and creating player is necessary. Most of the top 6 last season had that player imo. Sheff U the exception probably. The other teams however had a clever creative footballer. Buendia at Norwich. Mount at Derby. Grealish at Villa. Barnes at WBA who struggled when he went back. Hernandez at Leeds. Boro did not have that player and we had the unfit probably a bit lacking in confidence Palmer. 

Palmer has that ability. Showed it at Huddersfield when they were promoted. Lost his way a bit with injury and playing out of position. For the cost of 3-4m I feel definitely worth the “risk.” 

Also don’t like everyone saying he doesn’t have the work rate or he doesn’t want to be a footballer. I don’t see that at all. At least not in a Tomlin type way. He just needs to reign his game in a bit. Not lose the ball in dangerous areas. He isn’t a grafter but he will work out of possession. 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

LJ loves Pato.

I think the problem has been that Pato likes a load of ballers around him and movement. He is consistent when playing in the right system. Season before he was superb with Reid.

Same thing can be said about Palmer. No good with Fam in front of him. Nketiah in front of him might see a very different player in Palmer, and Pato.

Paterson as a '10' and in a technical/fluid/movement based system or the bench IMO.

Could play as one of two '10' type players- something like a 4-3-2-1, maybe Weimann up front with the interchanging of him, Paterson, Palmer just for example.

35 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

If we could move on Paterson and Watkins, there’d be a space for Palmer, wouldn’t there?

True, but who would want Watkins? Possibly a League 1 or 2 club, but they probably couldn’t afford his wages, so City would have to pay him to leave 

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Paterson as a '10' and in a technical/fluid/movement based system or the bench IMO.

Could play as one of two '10' type players- something like a 4-3-2-1, maybe Weimann up front with the interchanging of him, Paterson, Palmer just for example.

Paterson is just not consistent enough. Unless one considers him consistently poor!

He is one of three or four who need to be moved out and replaced if we are to make a real go for promotion.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Paterson is just not consistent enough. Unless one considers him consistently poor!

He is one of three or four who need to be moved out and replaced if we are to make a real go for promotion.

We've shunted his position around- doesn't help.

I agree he should have been dropped however, quite a bit sooner than he was.

Been saying all summer I reckon we are signing all three Chelsea boys (heart ruling head), and will be fantastic recruitment if so.  Been lots of wobbles along the way, but LJ’s “trust me” Statement the other week was it for me.

Watch it NOT be Palmer now!!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Been saying all summer I reckon we are signing all three Chelsea boys (heart ruling head), and will be fantastic recruitment if so.  Been lots of wobbles along the way, but LJ’s “trust me” Statement the other week was it for me.

Watch it NOT be Palmer now!!

I suspect that proving fitness level is the key.

Archived