IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

34 minutes ago, daored said:

I suspect the club may be a little pissed off they’re posting these comments 

Probably not as John lansdown does similar. If they player is done which I believe he is all it does it add drama to his announcement 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just get someone to watch the roof at AG

Perhaps City are going to copy the Mansfield / Nicky Maynard video - i e Marina Dolman will meet Palmer at Bristol Airport and whisk him to Ashton Gate in her Rolls-Royce

1 hour ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Whoever runs this account seems pretty convinced 

9BC793C1-9D97-455F-A6AA-B429B3860537.png

Looks like it was on the cards, but now Big Frank has signed for Chelsea KP is going to stay put and see how things pan out.  Not saying he wont go out on loan eventually, but if LJ wants a full preseason with him then that ship is sailing off into the sunset.

Extremely relieved Dasilva and Kalas signed *before* Lampard took over. Was at the back of my mind throughout the whole will he or won't he become Chelsea boss? And there is no way Palmer will get anywhere near Chelsea's starting XI so any delay in him joining us will only be temporary. Whether he should be is another matter. I was underwhelmed, despite the occasional bits of sparkle. 

3 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Extremely relieved Dasilva and Kalas signed *before* Lampard took over. Was at the back of my mind throughout the whole will he or won't he become Chelsea boss? And there is no way Palmer will get anywhere near Chelsea's starting XI so any delay in him joining us will only be temporary. Whether he should be is another matter. I was underwhelmed, despite the occasional bits of sparkle. 

Not trying to change your opinion, but check this highlights reel (second one)

Palmer’s came from just over 500 minutes of action with us.  Some players you’d be waiting a full season to see the things Kasey  does.

I think the thing to consider with Lampard is that when he went to Derby last year, with Morris in tow, he would have had pretty much first pick of the Chelsea youth, and Morris to advise him of which were best. He took Mount and Tomori - had he wanted to take Palmer, be in no doubt he would have before he went to Blackburn. Ditto if he’d wanted Dasilva he could have had him - didn’t, signed Scott Malone. Ditto he didn’t want Kalas, wanted Tomori.

So, one year ago, Lampard chose not to make Kasey one of his signings at Derby. I understand Chelsea’s embargo, but there is no chance in hell Lampard will play 5 or 6 youngsters - it’ll be what he considers to be the best 2-3. It’s one hell of a leap for Palmer to be one of those 2-3, or on the fringes, coming off a year where the new boss didn’t consider him a first choice at a lower level and KP was inconsistent at two clubs.

In summary - Lampard taking over, if it makes any difference at all, actually makes it more likely Palmers moving rather than less likely. So I can see this, and I also understand the delay while FL was appointed as KP may have been hoping someone else got the gig!

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the thing to consider with Lampard is that when he went to Derby last year, with Morris in tow, he would have had pretty much first pick of the Chelsea youth, and Morris to advise him of which were best. He took Mount and Tomori - had he wanted to take Palmer, be in no doubt he would have before he went to Blackburn. Ditto if he’d wanted Dasilva he could have had him - didn’t, signed Scott Malone. Ditto he didn’t want Kalas, wanted Tomori.

So, one year ago, Lampard chose not to make Kasey one of his signings at Derby. I understand Chelsea’s embargo, but there is no chance in hell Lampard will play 5 or 6 youngsters - it’ll be what he considers to be the best 2-3. It’s one hell of a leap for Palmer to be one of those 2-3, or on the fringes, coming off a year where the new boss didn’t consider him a first choice at a lower level and KP was inconsistent at two clubs.

In summary - Lampard taking over, if it makes any difference at all, actually makes it more likely Palmers moving rather than less likely. So I can see this, and I also understand the delay while FL was appointed as KP may have been hoping someone else got the gig!

Especially as they’d had Palmer at Derby previously.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not trying to change your opinion, but check this highlights reel (second one)

Palmer’s came from just over 500 minutes of action with us.  Some players you’d be waiting a full season to see the things Kasey  does.

Ta. Yep, seen these. At times, he reminded me hugely of Tomlin (loan), but not nearly as good or as exciting. That ability to go past people for fun. The sort of pass that no one else attempted. The thing he needs to learn is when to pass and when to take on the second or third man. He started 2 games? Birmingham at home and against someone else...can't remember. He was subbed at HT v Brum, rightly so. Too many trying to beat the entire opposition teams type runs, only to be easily tackled and give the ball away.

LJ said he wasn't fully fit, which would explain a bit. Let's see. I would think if comes, it's not to make the usual 30 mins cameo appearances. He'd be replacing someone like Paterson, another player who has plenty of skill but not enough application, and doesn't impose himself enough on games.

For a low fee, I'm sure it's worth the punt. And the fact LJ spoke about wanting to sign him clearly means he has a lot more to give.

KP is an odd one, whilst he holds the ability to open a defense with one brilliant pass he also often lost the ball in dangerous areas.

If we were to sign him on the cheap i'd be happy but can't say i'll be too disappointed if he doesn't. Think we have a better player in Sammie for that role now if he can step up and do it in the championship. 

If he's in Dublin and LJ stated he needed him for a FULL pre-season, I would guess our interest is at an end. It certainly should be if he's in Ireland.

I can understand why he wants to stay with Chelsea but, as far as I'm concerned, we move on as he would have known what LJ wanted from him and we aren't getting it.

Have a good career Kasey. 

I'm kind of glad if he isn't signing. He couldn't get in last season and now we have Szmodics.

Most important reason though is i believe LJ will use a big man up top, Diedhiou, Moore signing or have both if Diedhiou stays and always have one of them up top. That wouldn't suit Kasey and kasey would not suit them.

24 minutes ago, Red 90 said:

KP is an odd one, whilst he holds the ability to open a defense with one brilliant pass he also often lost the ball in dangerous areas.

If we were to sign him on the cheap i'd be happy but can't say i'll be too disappointed if he doesn't. Think we have a better player in Sammie for that role now if he can step up and do it in the championship. 

Palmer a step up from Szmodics imo (although I'll balance that by saying I've only seen vids of Szmodics).

Lampard has said he will give him a chance to prove himself (not just him but any of the young players) so can't blame the player for wanting to give it a try if that  what's happening. But its highly likely that he's missed the plane to Florida and he could be heading out on loan in the championship somewhere at the end of the window. 

Archived